It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Korean debacle is a sham slam joke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You may not realise this but the plans to nuke korea have been put forward to the American people years ago and was met with condemnation, times have changed eh, and so has the education system...is there a correlation there ...?

The US policy makers have wanted to nuke more then just NK. And probably would have if the Generals would have complied. In the 40s through to the late 80s we had generals With some common sense. But to day it seams like the roles have changed. To day we have generals within Our own ranks, and all sorts of People dishing out all sorts of evil.

There is no doubt there is a attitude change within Our generation, and it is not generated towards Peace. But more towards, "what's in Our best Inerests".

Its like we have no idea what we are actually promoting With Our voice and written Words. It seams like we just love to promote that we are so much more civilized then all other, But still have no problems With promoting killing millions just to get ridd of one person. And we tell Our selves that it is in their best interests, and in Ours.

We treat the People of North Korea as if they were held hostage, and think that this is a hostage rescue operation we are in on.
We think we can just fly in there and bomb the crap out of them and everything is going to be fine.

Where have Our moral standard gone i Wonder?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Eisenhower wanted to nuke NK in 1953.

edit on 9/4/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Where have Our moral standard gone i Wonder?

Beats the # out of me.

I'm sick of the war mongers, makes me feel like retreating deep into the woods.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Eisenhower wanted to nuke NK in 1953.

The US also had plans to nuke China in the 60s.

WASHINGTON: The United States considered using nuclear weapons against China in order to defend India in the 1960s but option was questioned in internal debates on two counts:

.................................................................................

Declassified tapes from National Security Council meetings during the Kennedy administration show the US President and his key advisors grappling with the Chinese threat in a meeting to discuss how to defend India. The tape recording is dated May 9, 1963, suggesting the debate was an afterthought because the India-China border war had ended in November 1962.

During this debate, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Maxwell Taylor urge President Kennedy to look beyond India and undertake a broader view of how to deal with any substantial Chinese aggression...

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Imo, there's more to the N. Korea situation. I believe they are a puppet of China, so China can't be blamed for starting WWIII. There are some interesting headlines on CNBC & Zerohedge regarding China: "The US could end up crippling the world's largest banks as it takes on North Korea", "De-Dollarization Accelerates: China Readies Yuan-Priced Crude Oil Benchmark Backed By Gold" & "Ethereum, Bitcoin Crash After China Declares Initial Coin Offerings Illegal".

www.cnbc.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Summary? There will be no war unless Trump jumps the gun. If he does, it might be one of the greatest mistakes of his Presidential career. 

Things like this right here are interesting to consider from a conspiracy angle, aren't they? For instance if we play "Let's Pretend There's a Shadow Government Trying to Undermine the POTUS and by Proxy, the American People" (we don't really have to pretend, but those who still choose believe they're "safe" and "free" can play along), that statement becomes extremely relevant and significant. So I'll just toss a hypothetical out there.

Let's pretend there's a shadow government, and that entity controls 90% (and that's me being optimistic, btw) of the media, controls Congress, controls the entire banking system, controls most of the activity within our ridiculous number of intelligence agencies...and that shadow entity is in the process of attempting to subvert a sitting US President whom they have not been able to control otherwise, via every one of the aforementioned avenues of influence.

Scapegoating him is quite obviously their most powerful tool thus far. They control almost everything we see and hear, and because of that; no matter how informed and aware we think we are, no matter how much of the superficial bullsh!t we can see through (and there are shovels full), our perception is still skewed because we're not getting the full details on anything.

Well...what better way to turn the tables in their favor than to scare the bejeezus out of the public and make it look like it's getting worse because the President is making empty threats? Just look at how many people on this thread alone are more than willing to jump right on that bandwagon. Hook, line, sinker. How can they possibly not see that there is something very wrong with this whole situation?

First, it was "Fat Boy/Kimmie/Lil Kim"; just a silly little insignificant ass goblin who throws tantrums and suffers from a chronic, pathological Napoleon complex...but he's really just a pussy, and therefore beneath contempt. Then, it's omg he is firing "unidentified missiles" and threatening Guam and amassing an army😱😱😨😨 (never mind the fact that he's already got an army that's pretty close to the size of ours who are brainwashed into believing that we are the embodiment of pure evil). Then it's oh but everything's OK because he's too stupid and inept to actually hit anything with them. Then omg sweet baby Jesus he's got NUKES...buuuuuuut nothing to worry about, folks, because he's just a raging, bumbling dumbass and not only would it be simple for us to erase him from existence...our own POTUS threatened to do precisely that if little Kimmie gets too big for his britches. Fire and Fury, he said, with authority in his voice...just google it, guys, there's proof, he really said it.

Then it's Omfg this little ankle biter has a hydrogen bomb, but it's probably either just not true and he's posturing, or it's not a real bomb or if it is, he's too stupid to know how to use it anyway, so let's ignore that and make fun of him some more. Make some more clever internet memes about this insignificant, silly little fat man and spread em around so everyone else can laugh at him too.

But then...*gasp* what is THIS...Omfg he's got an ICBM that he seems to have suddenly become smart enough to launch and he's THREATENING US WITH IT GUYS OK??? He can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with all the previous missiles but never mind that. It's really really really real this time guys. It's really serious this time.

But we'll be OK because...wait minute guys wtf is this??? Whoa whoa WHOA! Didn't President Trump say he was gonna punish this guy if he threatened us again??? Well he's really really really threatening us and what is the President doing??? NOTHING! Well, except for golfing and tweeting and just in general goofing off and having fun while we're BEING THREATENED by this dangerous diabolical midget who, as recently as last week, was barely capable of dressing himself much less posing any serious threat to anyone other than in his own imagination.

It doesn't really matter in this hypothetical whether or not he actually makes good on his threats. The only thing that matters is the appearance that he's blatantly threatening us, and our leader is not doing anything to stop him.

This is a recurring theme in the media, yet willful ignorance prevails; the pattern is ignored, signs of manipulation overlooked...and the media knows this will be the reaction of a significant number of people, and they use it to their very best advantage. They know that if he appears to drop the ball on this, with an apparent clear and present danger and our nation's safety at stake, even his most loyal supporters are likely to lose faith in him...maybe even enough to turn the tide and remove him from office.

I think it's entirely possible that something very like that is going on behind the cameras. I think it wise to consider the possibility that, much like his own people being indoctrinated that we are evil, we've been fooled into thinking that this guy is harmless and laughable...maybe to our own detriment.

A shadow government with the bulk of the media, military, financial system and judicial system at their behest doesn't really care if he actually fires on us. In fact, it actually serves to benefit them if he does...how many people would be clamoring for the impeachment of the POTUS if Kim actually launched an ICBM and a bunch of people died because he didn't neutralize the threat when he had the chance to do so?

My hypothetical may or may not be what is actually going on here...I truly hope it's not...but something most definitely is. We are being manipulated, for a very specific purpose, and even more scary than the possibility of an actual threat is the ease with which people are willing to accept whatever they are being fed, without question...and that a disturbing number of those people are voraciously advocating for a violent end to this.

I wonder how many people have considered what would happen to their freedoms if such a thing were to actually come to bear. Martial law, curfews...there would be no unalienable rights anymore.

There would be no one and nothing to stop them from subverting the entire American populace and assuming empirical control...and maybe that's been the ultimate goal here. Lead us to believe this guy is just a little ineffectual weasel to be laughed at, all the while knowing that he's anything but...and then suddenly "discover" that he's not quite as harmless as was previously reported after all. Make us feel so unsafe and vulnerable that we'll happily trade our freedom and our rights for the pretty illusion of safety and comfort.

All they need, in this hypothetical, is an excuse. I think people need to start paying closer attention, whether anything actually comes out of this or not. Like I said, I hope my hypothetical scenario is far off the mark. Because if it isn't, we're all in big trouble. If something like this is really going on, all our petty differences and the energy we've put into fighting over them aren't going to matter anymore. It will be the true great equalizer.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

There is no doubt that there exists a shadow government, that is not a conspiracy. Even Presiden Kennedy stated this when he was a presdient (this might have gotten him killed). He also had a long talk about how the media was used to manipulate News and information. And we can prity much confirm this even today.

How the political system Works is a mystery when the media wont be truthfull about how political policy is conducted.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
The problem is that South Korea especially, and possibly Japan, would suffer many casualties if war were to occur.

Why do people keep saying this?

South Korea and Japan will only experience casualties if TPTB allow Kim, Jong-Un to continue down this path of insanity.

If the United States acted against North Korea, they could obliterate all life from the DMZ to 50 miles north in minutes. North Korea wouldn't even be able to react.

Are you worried about China? China could be stripped of her strategic military capabilities in a mere three minutes. Their abilities to carry out conventional military operations ended in about five minutes.

Are you worried about the Russians? The Russians wouldn't give a hoot. Especially once they figured out the entirety of the rest of the world was focused negatively on them exclusively. I think they'd learn to have some manners. LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Let us hope that Our military brass and policy maker have more common sense then you have. I hope to god that they do.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pravdaseeker
Go to first page of post, then "click" on the flag, turning it solid green, and you will be giving a flag to the post!

a reply to: Teej1980

Thanks! Long time lurker and new poster.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: r0xor

What I find interesting, is we hear almost if not completely NOTHING about his generals, or his scientists or his advisors. I don't go looking for that information but certainly none of it has come my way.

And just how controlled are the North Korean's.? Are they all caught up in hero worship? All the smaller bosses around him. Aren't there any who are thinking about tossing him? It's complex.

I keep thinking about the witch in the Wizard of Oz. How when Dorothy tossed the water and the witch got wet and just dissolved? I thought for sure that the rest of the grisly lot, the scary army guys would just kill Dorothy and the gang. Rather they celebrated because now, they were free to.

The witch had ''magic'' to control the army. What does he have? He doesn't. Just how tight could the mind control be in that country anyway that somebody, hell, anybody hasn't just popped him by now. Can't any of them see the dangers he presents?

Their country practises Songbun, a form of social-political segregation. Anyone loyal to the Supreme Leader gets to stay in Pyong-Yang, the city with the Western lifestyle. Anyone who exhibits disloyalty gets purged to the provinces.

www.theepochtimes.com...

Their general aren't going to say no to him. I think there was someone who fell asleep at one of his rallies as well as speaking back. He was executed by anti-aircaft cannon:

www.theguardian.com...
www.theguardian.com...-1

edit on 4-9-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
WONDERFUL! Guess you can do without the coastal areas,guam or Hawailli...
We have TESTED, but not really practiced combat firing,interceptions of ICBMs under operational conditions.
I AM NOT content with that NUT having that capability so it's going to end shortly one way or another,the war shoulds be DONE anyway.
If CHINA wants an ECONOMY they will SIT the hell still.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Thank you for that storm. I have gathered a number of insights from this thread in helping me to understand what we are dealing with here.

I also know that Korea has a history of birthing ''messiah'' types, and people to follow them religiously. I don't know as I have enough information to claim that this is a national trait, just that I have read that there is this propensity in that culture.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Let us hope that Our military brass and policy maker have more common sense then you have. I hope to god that they do.

Ya know what? Me too!!

I don't want to see any of the belligerents of the Korean War getting off a first-shot post-armistice. Nor do I want to hear of anyone but 'my team' getting a nuclear armed ICBM up and into flight.

Remember: It was Kim, Jong Un that sank the CheoNan and laid down an artillery barrage on YeongPyong Do. I guess those actions were fine by you. No one got killed that you knew. Right?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just in:
www.atimes.com...

US, South Korea upgrade arms deal in face of North Korea threat

As I said, just a way having (more) influence/control in the region and selling more weapons, win win.

South Korea stupid enough doing whatever the US wants/commands..

Same as in the EU, causing tensions with Russia and this way able to sell more weapons to EU country's, again win win.
Russia getting close with the EU is really bad for the US, they loose control/power and less tensions is bad for the military complex.

Sanctions don't cost the US anything (what export they got anyways except weapons), for other country's it does cost allot (of s h i t).

So that's it, simply speaking... control/power/money.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: spy66

Ya know what? Me too!!

Remember: It was Kim, Jong Un that sank the CheoNan and laid down an artillery barrage on YeongPyong Do. I guess those actions were fine by you. No one got killed that you knew. Right?

I know. I have no sympathy With those actions at all. But it does not mean we have to ingage in a war that will take even more lives. We are not talking small numbers here, if a real war should happen. Why do you think a war would justify the killings that have already taken Place? Would a war and more killing justify everything?

I dont think Kimmy is unpredictable at all in this case.... What is more unpredictable is what the US will do to provoke NK who is already backed up against a wall. You know...its not just NK who is fleksing its military might here, and testing missiles... The US are doing the same. The only difference is how this is all being covered by the media. When the US build something devastating and test it... we worship it as a Scientific achievemnet and god knows what. We dont seam to be much conserned about that at all. And its not like the US don't threaten anyone With their military at all....right?

What we do is compare Our strength to Our competition....... Like that is a good thing??? We even brag about that we can take on everyone one. If you think Kimmy is a bad ass. Try to see it from the other end of the table. You would be scared too.....

NK have not attacked anyone yet, even though NK could deliver a Deadly punsh upon South Korea without nukes. We all know that....

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: r0xor
The problem is that South Korea especially, and possibly Japan, would suffer many casualties if war were to occur.

If the United States acted against North Korea, they could obliterate all life from the DMZ to 50 miles north in minutes. North Korea wouldn't even be able to react.

Are you worried about China? China could be stripped of her strategic military capabilities in a mere three minutes. Their abilities to carry out conventional military operations ended in about five minutes.

Are you worried about the Russians? The Russians wouldn't give a hoot. Especially once they figured out the entirety of the rest of the world was focused negatively on them exclusively. I think they'd learn to have some manners. LOL

That is a mighty attitude sir .
Three or Five minutes from which point when? What are you going to do about India then ? Running out of nukes yet? Maybe you should recognise , Kim Jong Un is a little puppet , just a tool in all this . NoKo is a cat's paw .In reality (has to be) BRICAS and the SCO sticking their fingers up at the US of A . So... ready for India too ? AFTER Russia that is .
edit on 4-9-2017 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
That is a mighty attitude sir.

Goes hand in glove with a mad-man threatening to nuke the United States.

Kim Jong Un is a little puppet, just a tool in all this.

He is, indeed. Lopping off the hands pulling the puppet's strings is what is being diplomatically avoided. Even President Trump is mindful of Tweeting out the obvious.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teej1980
Posturing or not, little kimmy needs to stop playing and throwing out threats. I have no sympathy for NK or its sheeple if targeted force is used. I feel the collateral damage in JP and SK would be very minimal at most, if done right.

I think it's the perfect time to take out kim and his regime. And i for one hope Mr. Trump does this.

Star given but no idea how to flag.

Wow .... millions dead you hope, you have no idea what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yes it is accepted the 'you're going down' posturing is expected when threatened . But it's not like it will play out that easy , is the point I was making . Having done some maths , definitely not enough , then an SCO vs NATO showdown would probably
1.Ruin the world
2. Be an even scorecard by the final whistle .

Its probably best to just let them get on with the yuan based petroleum scheme , annoying as it may be . After all , China is the one giving NoKo its oil . And 3 minutes is very , very optimistic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join