It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The North Korean debacle is a sham slam joke

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Maybe I should've put this in rants, I'm not sure. Feel free to move it.

I feel that this entire doom and gloom fear based scenario with North Korea is a joke. Sure, the South Koreans and the Japanese are shaking in their boots but let us be real. We all know that we could destroy that pitiful little country in an instant; they know it too. The problem is that South Korea especially, and possibly Japan, would suffer many casualties if war were to occur.

In my opinion, if North Korea even had a nuclear warhead and could even send it over the pacific, it would get shot down. We've done tests with our missile defense systems with mixed results. Critics abound. Well, that was *one* THAAD etc. Don't you think we'd launch several at a real threat? Just my opinion. So, the media scares us into thinking war might happen soon. Great for business.

Personally? I don't think Kim Jung Un is that crazy. Even if he were to be on drugs, he still wouldn't start a war that would surely end in the annihilation of himself, his power, and the legacy of his family. It's just a game. He's basically saying, "Hey look, we can do this! Back off and you can't stop us because we can hit mainland USA." The truth is, even if he had the capability, it would be a pitiful display and North Korea would go down in hell fire. Does anyone remember what we did to Saddam Hussein's regime? Precisely. North Korea would be a tougher opponent, but they know as we do that they'd get demolished very, very quickly. They don't want that. They want to um.. live life? Live long and prosper? Right.

This is why no military options have been used against them. We don't want to have to destroy them, and we don't want our allies to incur the damage from it in a North Korean outburst as they're going down in flames. Then China comes into the equation. If a war were to happen, what would China do? I think they'd let North Korea go down in flames, then swoop in and occupy the territory. Only indoctrinated Communists can govern indoctrinated Communists.

Summary? There will be no war unless Trump jumps the gun. If he does, it might be one of the greatest mistakes of his Presidential career. One he'd be criticized in the history books for. He'd waste our money, our bombs, and our soldiers to take out a regime which will only give China more territory while possibly millions of South Koreans and thousands of Japanese die. Kim Jung Un knows he can't start a war; this is merely posturing.
edit on 9/3/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

The real threat wont be a nuke headed in your general direction, it will be having all your rights taken away because of an enemy nuclear threat.

They've gotta keep us all safe don't they?
edit on 3-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Agreed on all points. S&F.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Posturing or not, little kimmy needs to stop playing and throwing out threats. I have no sympathy for NK or its sheeple if targeted force is used. I feel the collateral damage in JP and SK would be very minimal at most, if done right.

I think it's the perfect time to take out kim and his regime. And i for one hope Mr. Trump does this.

Star given but no idea how to flag.
edit on 392017 by Teej1980 because: .

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Merely posturing.. with thermonuclear weapons. That sort of changes the equation. You are basing your opinion that Kim wouldn't launch an attack on what knowledge of him? He might not. But.. then again he might. He was raised by a grandpa and dad who were treated like NK Gods by the people. Raised a tyrant by tyrants, he doesn't have to be crazy to do something monumentally stupid. You know nothing of Kim, nor his family, nor what he might or might not do. You are guessing.. and it's not a great idea to just play a guessing game with someone who can potentially kill millions of your citizens.

He has utterly ignored any warnings based on sanctions from any country, even their one and only ally. What makes you so sure he won't carry through with all his threats? Of course.. he may do nothing. But again.. if we do nothing, they will continue to refine their nuclear program.

I don't think we should initiate anything war-wise, but I also don't think you can just blithely ignore the situation and hope for the best. Burying heads in sand got us to this point. The solution isn't to do more of the same. I think the no-trade sanction needs to happen, and I think other countries need to seriously get on board with it.

I think the nonchalant "Oh Kim isn't crazy he would never attack omg stop worrying" attitude is mind-numbingly ignorant and naive. He has repeatedly done exactly what he said he would, even though many countries and the U.N. has said don't do that. To plan for everything short of an attack and not an attack is perilously irresponsible. Gambling literally millions of lives on a guess isn't very bright.

Oh.. and basing your hopes on a defense system that may or may not work is also naive. One mistake could cost millions of lives. I hope our government doesn't take such a flippant view of this threat.
edit on 3-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Teej1980

The problem is the future. Who knows what they'd eventually do but with all of the egos running so high, I'm not sure if leaders are really worried about what it would be like 50 years from now. After all, they'd be dead by then but their kids wouldn't be. I'm not sure how far ahead they look when making such decisions.

I'd almost like to see them get destroyed but then my conscience comes into play and tells me, "That's only because you don't live over there. You're on the east coast out of harms way". I suppose it's up to the South Koreans to decide what should be done because they'd be the ones taking the damage. Aside from North Korea that is.

I don't think Trump should make any sudden moves. I think he should let leaders in the region advise HIM on what should be done next. It's their lives at stake.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Not even Hitler would be that stupid and look what he did. Look how long it took him to get the ability to even do what he did. Little Kimmie ain't got sh*t and he knows it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Let's just send Dennis Rodman over there with his entourage wearing Pot Coin shirts as an advertisement again to receive a prisoner who mysteriously dies after a week back home from unspecified brain injuries that we haven't heard a peep about lately. Rumors were flying, did they torture him or tell the truth about him getting sick? No one really cares anymore though. Just another dead guy.

Come on Dennis Rodman, you're our only diplomat. We need you!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
a reply to: Teej1980

The problem is the future. Who knows what they'd eventually do but with all of the egos running so high, I'm not sure if leaders are really worried about what it would be like 50 years from now. After all, they'd be dead by then but their kids wouldn't be. I'm not sure how far ahead they look when making such decisions.

I'd almost like to see them get destroyed but then my conscience comes into play and tells me, "That's only because you don't live over there. You're on the east coast out of harms way". I suppose it's up to the South Koreans to decide what should be done because they'd be the ones taking the damage. Aside from North Korea that is.

I don't think Trump should make any sudden moves. I think he should let leaders in the region advise HIM on what should be done next. It's their lives at stake.

Yeah he has been advised and I'm sure there will be more talks before anything, if anything, is acted upon. Something to watch and see what happens next.

link   
Hopefully his next toy test will blow up in his face.

link   

Not even Hitler would be that stupid and look what he did. Look how long it took him to get the ability to even do what he did. Little Kimmie ain't got sh*t and he knows it.

He obviously doesn't know it, as their nuclear program is progressing at an incredible pace. What do you even mean by that? He just tested a weapon that is 10-fold the power of previous tests. He will continue to throw money at their nuclear program to the detriment of his own nation. Obviously he doesn't care. Not even Hitler starved his own troops to meet his agenda. Kim is like a bratty preschooler with some very dangerous toys.

I don't even get the point of this thread. How is a megaton weapon a sham or a joke? When their leader testing them threatens our nation on a weekly basis?
edit on 3-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

We have over 6,000 of them (or something like that). He's working on trying to get one that he'll never use because he knows it would mean the end of his regime and it'd disgrace his country that would no longer exist forever. He's doing it to get people to back off out of fear. He also gets a kick out of it, being informed by the global reaction to his tests. It shoots his ego through the sky and he loves his ego. After all, he is supreme ruler. I don't think he's willing to lose that by launching a couple of his crappy missiles at America that would probably never make it and if they got close they'd get shot down. Then we'd see shock and awe round 2.

What Kim stands to gain is a political and regional victory without a shot being fired. His people are starving. If he were to attack, it'd mean his quick end. He's at a position of weakness on all fronts and his nuke/missile tests are just showmanship. His only hope would to be to start WW3 with China on his side but from what I've read, they're basically trying to stay out of it and don't want to die either. You have to get inside of their heads and look at it from their perspective. Why would they do this or that, what do they have to gain or lose, etc.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I would agree that the only way to do this smartly, and with the world behind us, is to take them out only if he directly tries to attack us or any of our allies. That is when we shoot them down and the hell and fury would begin. Let him sign his own death warrant.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Personally? I don't think Kim Jung Un is that crazy.

Do you understand he has millions thinking he is a demigod? There was this guy named Jim Jones who wasn't crazy either, but he did think he transcended simple human, and I think old Kim has done the same...

I'm waiting for the Kool Aid in the form of 150 million degrees Fahrenheit. Demigods can not be kill....

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I would agree that the only way to do this smartly, and with the world behind us, is to take them out only if he directly tries to attack us or any of our allies. That is when we shoot them down and the hell and fury would begin. Let him sign his own death warrant.

I agree. He would have to be stark raving mad beyond our wildest dreams to start a war. I'm not putting it past him, we've seen from history that some people really aren't right in the brain but.. ugh.. it's hard to explain. That's one of his strong points. Nobody knows if he is crazy enough to do it or not so they get scared.

I'm just saying if I were the supreme ruler of a country with undisputed power, squads of women, access to the finest things in the country as well as *anything* I wanted; I wouldn't want to lose that. He has a legacy to uphold. There's no predicting it but my premonition is that it wont happen unless we start it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Having spent a year in SK, and being married to a Korean wife, I can't pretend to even sort of understand fully their culture. NK culture is well beyond SK culture, it's a different world. So I know for a fact you and others can't -know- that Kim will do this.. or won't do that. You are basing it on what you think would make sense.. and that's a dangerous way to think. He grew up much differently.. and I don't think gambling millions of lives is worth the risk, in case he wants his name to go down in history as the "great NK leader who assaulted the U.S."

Prepare for the worst. Don't assume it's just a sham. It probably isn't. I say hammer them with sanctions, and do all possible to ensure those countries who are lenient with NK not be so any more. The "lalalaaa.. it's just Kim posturing, who cares.. saber rattling!" is so a decade ago. He now has or will soon have the means to attack the U.S. with weapons of mass destruction. People should be a lot more concerned than they are.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

What I find interesting, is we hear almost if not completely NOTHING about his generals, or his scientists or his advisors. I don't go looking for that information but certainly none of it has come my way.

And just how controlled are the North Korean's.? Are they all caught up in hero worship? All the smaller bosses around him. Aren't there any who are thinking about tossing him? It's complex.

I keep thinking about the witch in the Wizard of Oz. How when Dorothy tossed the water and the witch got wet and just dissolved? I thought for sure that the rest of the grisly lot, the scary army guys would just kill Dorothy and the gang. Rather they celebrated because now, they were free to.

The witch had ''magic'' to control the army. What does he have? He doesn't. Just how tight could the mind control be in that country anyway that somebody, hell, anybody hasn't just popped him by now. Can't any of them see the dangers he presents?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The witch had ''magic'' to control the army. What does he have? He doesn't. Just how tight could the mind control be in that country anyway that somebody, hell, anybody hasn't just popped him by now. Can't any of them see the dangers he presents?

That is a great question, and one I have pondered myself. Certainly, some of his military have had a glimpse at what is going on in the world media, either through tourists or perhaps concealed satellite internet downlinks... Makes you wonder if they can trust anyone to collude with. I also wonder if there are any bullets in the guns of all those you see marching around in front of him.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
If North Korea was attacked, they would destroy South Korea in an instant. They would send way too many weapons to be defended against. 20 to 40 million dead in a very short amount of time. That's why the US cannot attack North Korea.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Why is South Korea so hesitant to install the THAD defensive missile system? They have a death wish or something?

After hours of high-level meetings today, South Korea reluctantly agreed to allow the U.S. to help them defend themselves against a missile attack.
www.theguardian.com...
edit on 9/4/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join