It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump ends DACA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Instead of just a president kicking the can down to the next president with a continuation of Obama's Executive Order, Trump wants congress to pass a law.

Since congress is made from the representatives of the people, in theory, this will be a direct reflection of what the people want.

This was a brilliant move on Trump's part.

No one can call him a dictator on this, if he is forcing congress to actually act.

edit on 3-9-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
why are we bending to the will of non citizens?

Because this land was founded by non citizens !

why are non citizens running our country

Because they always have.
edit on 3-9-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No one can call him a dictator on this, if he is forcing congress to actually act.

Has he had any luck with that thus far?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Incorrect. America was founded by citizens of the British empire.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Shouldn't go after the children. It's a failure of the system illegals get their kids over the borders but once here, can't target them.

I'll wait and see what Trump does with this. Might tweak it, might replace it. We'll see. But in no way do I support targeting kids simply because government failed to keep illegal parents out in the first place.

Do you even read your own posts?

How are you putting the blame on our government and not on those who broke the law?

Check your emotion, child.

I never dismissed blame of those who broke the law. The children however, did not.
edit on 3-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Instead of just a president kicking the can down to the next president with a continuation of Obama's Executive Order, Trump wants congress to pass a law.

Since congress is made from the representatives of the people, in theory, this will be a direct reflection of what the people want.

This was a brilliant move on Trump's part.

I knew that there had to be a President Trump strategy. You just explained what it is, DBCowboy. Thanx!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Good I am sick of funding the whole world while my taxes go up everyday.

No crap! I just started crypto trading and it's nice to know that I own all the risk and when I make a good trade the government steals 30% of My earnings. I made a horrible trade the other day and lost 15K which might put My family in a real sore spot and We all know that social programs will not help middle class families.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

How do you know the children did not? Have you interviewed them?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
And what do you do with the 'dreamers' who have US born siblings or have children who were born here? There has to be a better way. End DACA but give those currently here a path to citizenship.

Can only legal immigrants be naturalized? Anyone know? This is distressing. Texas could lose a million or more people. Texas also allows those children to go to Texas Colleges at the state rate.

Saw a young woman who's family lost everything in Harvey. She was hoping to study to be a surgeon. Spoke perfect English with no accent. Lose everything you have worked for and be sent back without anything. Seems wrong.

She could join the army and earn Her citizenship and then have the army pay for medical school.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

please provide proof . If I remember correctly some of them bypassed mexican immigration .

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864

No crap! I just started crypto trading and it's nice to know that I own all the risk and when I make a good trade the government steals 30% of My earnings. I made a horrible trade the other day and lost 15K which might put My family in a real sore spot and We all know that social programs will not help middle class families.

why shouldn't the government own 30% of that too

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

It's interesting to me non citizens can join the US army. In other countries non citizens cannot join the army.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Then the world responded, "F you too then. Why should any of us care about you when you clearly don't care about anyone else??"

Good who cares. Good luck world.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulermank

The presumption you'd rather waste resources focusing on children and interviewing them all one by one instead of fixing our broken immigration system, sealing the borders and kicking out the felons among them, is ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

please provide proof . If I remember correctly some of them bypassed mexican immigration .

In every population, every demographic pertaining to anything whatsoever, there is always going to be a
"some of them".

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: Tempter

Of course. The citizens would go back with their parent/s in all likelihood. I still insist there should be an element of compassion.

We will treat them with the utmost care and tenderness. I want them to come back. I want them to work really hard to come back legally.

In fact, I'd be okay with drafting a resolution to fast track program for those who were brought illegally. But it has to be measured.

This is about economics.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Good who cares. Good luck world.

I think it's nappy time for Mr. Grumpy Face!!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: tulermank

... instead of fixing our broken immigration system, sealing the borders and kicking out the felons among them, is ludicrous.

You don't honestly believe that's an option, do you? We've been watching this game for decades, no one has any intention of sealing the border, or kicking out illegals, be they criminals or not. The possible exception is Trump, and he is being totally destroyed for it. It doesn't help democrats to seal the border or kick out illegal criminals, that's a major portion of their support bloc. It doesn't help rich republicans to seal the border and kick out illegals, that's a major source of cheap labor and drives down wages for the workers they have to hire. It's a nice sentiment you have, but it's fantasy.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The world is not my problem stop forcing me to pay to fix it

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Nearly 91 percent of them are legally working, up since President Barack Obama enacted DACA. When Joel Cruz of California first heard of DACA, he wrote, “I’ll be able to get a better job — maybe with some benefits and maybe one that doesn’t require hard manual labor.”

Tens of thousands like Cruz entered the workforce because of the program. Their roughly $30 billion a year in earnings has a job-creating ripple effect on the economy.

DACA recipients also pay their own way. They can’t collect welfare benefits but they have to pay taxes. My colleague Ike Brannon estimates recipients will pay about $60 billion more in federal taxes than they’ll consume in benefits over the next decade.

NY Post

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join