It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump retweets meme mocking Clinton memoir

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How is the "Russia thing failing to stick" when there's an ongoing (and expanding daily) investigation?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Been awhile since you had one..maybe Kennedy was the last real one?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Been awhile since you had one..maybe Kennedy was the last real one?

quite possibly. we were allready on that downhill slide for awhile prior to him aswell. final nail in the coffin maybe

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I think he was really going to upset the apple cart, that's why he got killed..everything after has been a dog and pony show.
Just my 2 cents

(edit) I should add there was shady dealing's around Kennedy..in upsetting the applecart he was going to disregard his benefactors.
edit on 5-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think he was really going to upset the apple cart, that's why he got killed..everything after has been a dog and pony show.
Just my 2 cents

(edit) I should add there was shady dealing's around Kennedy..in upsetting the applecart he was going to disregard his benefactors.

kinda has some interesting parallels to whats going on today

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I agree.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

slow news day huh??

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Nah, you don't have to explain any further. You're making claims about internal motivations of individuals that may or may not be true based on "common knowledge."

Actually, I didn't speak of motivations, I spoke of actions. The proof is in the pudding, but you apparently haven't looked at the pudding.

Which all boils down to the rather obvious fact that all people have "public faces" and private ones. Is that really your point?

I made my point pretty clear when I said, "Why on Earth would somebody present the facade of being a straightforward asshole? That's why I believe he is one." I guess I will lay it out as clearly as possible.

Donald Trump constantly says things to make people like and respect him less.

'Facade' is defined as an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.

So, by definition he actually can't have a facade since his outward appearance is unpleasant and deplorable.

Understand?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

How is the "Russia thing failing to stick" when there's an ongoing (and expanding daily) investigation?

It's failing to stick in the minds of the Trumpeters because they completely lack criticial thinking skills.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Have you lived in a country where no one pays taxes?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

9 months in, and we theoretically have a turncoat in the white house that is sweet on the greatest enemy the US has faced since WWII....and all i keep hearing is the same talking point: its growing and expanding daily.

If that were true (and i literally have read those exact words at least a hundred times since late March), the investigation would have yielded SOMETHING to end a treasonous presidency. The fact that it hasn't tells me all I need to know.

9 months, man. And if you count the 2 months prior to him taking office....almost 11 months now. And zilch. Either there is nothing, or the investigating agency is negiligently incompetent.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Have you lived in a country where no one pays taxes?

Nope. What does that really have to do with anything?

You realize that the US has toppled regimes worldwide in order to install a leader that will take out loans from the central bank, and then tax their residents to repay it? So the US has created a world in their image....and that is supposed to make me feel better about losing 20% (plus...don't forget about the doubling in my health insurance costs) of my check to taxes? Just income taxes, mind you. That isn't including the myriad other taxes my cash goes to pay.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
ats once used to be a place I always browsed to get alternative, accurate and informative news...

now the deny ignorance banner is taken down, some users are thriving.....
Your fault for hanging out in these forums. You realize there are other forums, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh the irony.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

The Clinton's created two charities... mostly for their own financial gain

Right leaning rhetoric. Hardly based in truth my dear.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ok, well there's no way we're going to get anywhere arguing about that issue... but are you honestly going to try and tell me the Clinton's don't put on a facade? Silly ol' you.
edit on 9/5/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Technically you spoke of actions and implied motivations I guess ... but you said nothing specific about anyone's actions.

I quoted what you said about Trump. It speaks for itself.

A facade is a facade. It doesn't stop being a facade just because it's rotted. Continuing the metaphor to people, we speak of facades when it is obvious (usually, by personal knowledge which is sorely lacking in your examples) that someone's "public face" is radically different from their "private face."

You have no specific knowledge of the actual lives of any of these individuals, unless you're claiming to know them personally.

All that said, I'm merely pointing out that you're projecting your own beliefs and calling it fact.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

They do. They have to. Otherwise Bill would have been groping women in public.

We all do, honestly. The "me" that my wife and kids know is nothing like the "me" that you guys know. In fact, i suspect that you'd all be significantly underwhelmed to meet me in person.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

They do. They have to. Otherwise Bill would have been groping women in public.

We all do, honestly. The "me" that my wife and kids know is nothing like the "me" that you guys know. In fact, i suspect that you'd all be significantly underwhelmed to meet me in person.

Indeed.

My point, such as it was, is that we all have different personae. Stating that politicians do too seems ultimately superfluous. That said, my commentary on superfluity is also, not to be redundant, superfluous.

We are all subject to pet peeves/betes noires I guess.

edit on 5-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Humans like their cults of personality. Even on the micro scale. The way people in the world of business go on about "portraying leadership"....its like we were born to create masks.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join