It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump retweets meme mocking Clinton memoir

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Is it income taxes or all taxes that are unnatural?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What is not debatable is that Trump is a pathetic puppet of TPTB just like Obama, Bush, Clinton or any of the rest of them were.

Indeed. At the very least, since JFK was murdered on TV for the whole world to see.

That was a coup that propels them, Dem/Rep, into the monster we have now. One fake party and another spreading hate while the fake party suckers in people wanting to do it right. THAT is how we have no choice but a DJT or more of the same crap stew.

edit on 4-9-2017 by Justoneman because: ??

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I recall the idea was to have no income tax. Tariffs, User fees and other taxes were ok to vote to create proceeds.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In many cases we are trading our lives as labor. The coal miner, the NFL player, the oilfield worker, the police officer...all of this is work where little pieces of our lives are traded for the cash to live. Going a little further, each minute I spend away from my family is valuable time where I am missing out on the enrichment that they bring me, and me them. Its all a finite resource...my time. I have only so many heartbeats. Heartbeats which I exchange for cash. Slipped discs, smashed fingers, arthritic knees, etc....its the only thing we have: our bodies, our breath. And those are taxed. Its no a resource I own, as any exchange of that resource comes with a kick up stairs to the man. That is unnatural. It is tyrannical.

Sales tax...I can choke sales tax down. That is a taxation you choose to participate in by not producing your own goods (yes, i know...i cannot make an iphone at home...which is the point).

ACA is another immoral tax, as i am required to participate or the money is taken from me anyway.

"Death tax" or estate taxes are immoral, as it is retaxing income that has already been taxed. Double dipping is just about as bad as it gets, to be honest, and is typically upheld as "off limits" in just about any case (look up how we ended up with Red Diesel...you cannot double tax unless someone dies, it seems).

And if im being honest...if my income taxes could be shown to be handled properly, without funding the pork barrel that the dearly elected get fat from, I may not complain so much. I don't care about welfare, about the various social programs. I DO care about bridges to nowhere and unnecessary wars that only enrich contractors (who have CEO's very cozy in DC). My protest has more to do with a government that is misuing my money and abusing my trust, and less to do with funding social programs. If we were able to take my 20% income tax and make sure no vets were wanting for healthcare, no homeless were wanting for warmth, no child left wanting for a jacket or school lunch...then i'd likely have my back into pushing those agendas.

Its the fact that those bastards hide their theft behind the ostensible good deeds that could be possible....it pisses me off.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

From what I read in that very well-written post of yours, you are opposed to the revenues of government (the People's treasury, filled by the People) being wasted and used as political capital rather than how the treasury gets filled.

I'm in 100% agreement with that. Interestingly, I'm also in agreement with VASTLY reducing the bureaucracy at the Federal, State and local levels (which is, rather than Illuminati masters, part of the real "deep state" that I see.)

The real task of government is to maintain the infrastructure (generally as public safety, international and border defense, healthcare, education, the utility grid (electric, water, gas/oil), the transportation system (roads, bridges, interstates, etc.), and a communications network.) The basis for all of us to be as productive as we can possibly be.

As far as the social safety net, I would argue that would be solved by finding the practical ways in which we can all be far more productive than we are now, which cycles through physically and mentally healthy individuals right back to the infrastructure.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I recall the idea was to have no income tax. Tariffs, User fees and other taxes were ok to vote to create proceeds.

The ability to amend the Constitution was also intended, as the Founders realized that as the country grew and times changed the basic concepts of the Union would evolve.

That said, I'm no fan of income taxes.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Carter - Based on first-hand accounts of people who worked with him.

Clintons - Really? Do I need to Explain?.

Bush family - There are boatloads of information out their about their shady actions.

Trump - Why on Earth would somebody present the facade of being a straightforward asshole? That's why I believe he is one.
edit on 9/4/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: Gryphon66

Carter - Based on first-hand accounts of people who worked with him.

Clintons - Really? Do I need to Explain?.

Bush family - There are boatloads of information out their about their shady actions.

Trump - Why on Earth would somebody present the facade of being a straightforward asshole? That's why I believe he is one.

Nah, you don't have to explain any further. You're making claims about internal motivations of individuals that may or may not be true based on "common knowledge."

Also, what you said about Trump isn't quite that simple .. .

originally posted by: scojak

Trump may be an asshole, but he shows who he really is. He doesn't hide behind a facade like Carter, the Clintons, the Bush family, the Obamas....

.... as if Trump's public presentation is somehow more genuine than any other famous person or celebrity, but particularly Carter, the Clintons, the Obamas, the Bushes, etc.

Which all boils down to the rather obvious fact that all people have "public faces" and private ones. Is that really your point?

edit on 4-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump trolls the press again.

Hilarious.

So you admit your President is a troll and you think it's a good thing?

Should I pull up some of your comments so we can remember just what your opinion of a troll is?

Maybe your new ideal of Presidential behaviour is contrary to the norm hence the snide comment

Maybe you just want the stars and are playing the audience.

Once again I find myself shaking my head.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is great news! We need the president to continue his relentless golf vacations and tweet sessions. Also, it's totally okay for the alternative right to criticize obama but give trump a pass for the same things.

It's hilarious how much you people will ignore or justify trump because you believe he is this anti-establishment hero.

edit on 4-9-2017 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: xuenchen

Trump trolls the press again.

Hilarious.

So you admit your President is a troll and you think it's a good thing?

Should I pull up some of your comments so we can remember just what your opinion of a troll is?

Maybe your new ideal of Presidential behaviour is contrary to the norm hence the snide comment

Maybe you just want the stars and are playing the audience.

Once again I find myself shaking my head.

take a step back and ask yourself, was it presidential behavior for the then sitting president to mock a presidential candidate and go on about how he would never become president in tv interviews? you have a blatant double standard and if you applied the same logic to any of the previous presidents behavior youd find case after case with each one that shatters your theory
edit on 4-9-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I wish we had a real president.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I wish we had a real president.

like who? if we had a george washington, andrew jackson, teddy roosevelt, abe lincoln, etc theyd all be run out of office by the liberals and the pc agenda. they wouldnt even make it to the primaries. could u imagine the collective losing of their # if they saw abe lincoln wrestling people at a political rally? ccant be a human anymore you gotta be a robot lying actor to be presidential...ffs

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Someone who didn't act like a junior high school kid and understood the job.
edit on 9/4/2017 by roadgravel because: added a missed word

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: TheScale

Someone who didn't act like a junior high school kid and understood the job.

who understands the job as president? there is no box to be forced into. each person is elected to bring what skills they have to that table. the people make that choice in the elections. jfk has a great quote as president that went something like "there is no school where u learn to be president". the point of choosing different people is for different viewpoints and ways of getting things done. plenty of people werent happy about where this country had been heading the last 8 years thus they elected a guy they thought might do things differently. whether or not you find him brash arrogant or whatever really doesnt pertain to making and passing laws. the media and everyone would like to keep u distracted though so they can keep bogging down the govt on both sides of the aisle while steamrolling the american people who are perfectly happy to keep getting screwed by everyone in our govt as long as they keep focusing on this petty # that only children without a thought in their brain should be getting riled up over but the mobs eats up the drivel like ambrosia. then in 4 years they can say, "see! see what happens when you dont elect the guy we chose" meanwhile over those 4 years they did everything in their power on both sides to make sure that was the outcome. you can see it right now. republicans and democrats alike are doing everything in their power to make sure this is a failure so they can get their handpicked corrupted person in office who will go along with the game next election

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Awesome retweet, hilarious and 100% accurate. No one is actually upset by this, they are just pretending (probably even lying to themselves) so that they can criticize Trump. Trump is actually a genuine human being, something a lot of people aren't used to seeing in a politician. They're used to the lying, fake, PC politicians like Obama and Bush, and they can't deal with a President who doesn't condescend to them and make them feel small. We're a little more than halfway through year one, hopefully these people will adjust to reality, for their own sanity and well-being.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
And this is how the leader of the free world and the chief diplomat of the USA behaves?

SMH

I was about to say. Such..."presidential" behavior.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

In many cases we are trading our lives as labor. The coal miner, the NFL player, the oilfield worker, the police officer...all of this is work where little pieces of our lives are traded for the cash to live. Going a little further, each minute I spend away from my family is valuable time where I am missing out on the enrichment that they bring me, and me them. Its all a finite resource...my time. I have only so many heartbeats. Heartbeats which I exchange for cash. Slipped discs, smashed fingers, arthritic knees, etc....its the only thing we have: our bodies, our breath. And those are taxed. Its no a resource I own, as any exchange of that resource comes with a kick up stairs to the man. That is unnatural. It is tyrannical.

Sales tax...I can choke sales tax down. That is a taxation you choose to participate in by not producing your own goods (yes, i know...i cannot make an iphone at home...which is the point).

ACA is another immoral tax, as i am required to participate or the money is taken from me anyway.

"Death tax" or estate taxes are immoral, as it is retaxing income that has already been taxed. Double dipping is just about as bad as it gets, to be honest, and is typically upheld as "off limits" in just about any case (look up how we ended up with Red Diesel...you cannot double tax unless someone dies, it seems).

And if im being honest...if my income taxes could be shown to be handled properly, without funding the pork barrel that the dearly elected get fat from, I may not complain so much. I don't care about welfare, about the various social programs. I DO care about bridges to nowhere and unnecessary wars that only enrich contractors (who have CEO's very cozy in DC). My protest has more to do with a government that is misuing my money and abusing my trust, and less to do with funding social programs. If we were able to take my 20% income tax and make sure no vets were wanting for healthcare, no homeless were wanting for warmth, no child left wanting for a jacket or school lunch...then i'd likely have my back into pushing those agendas.

Its the fact that those bastards hide their theft behind the ostensible good deeds that could be possible....it pisses me off.

You do realize that estate taxes only apply to those over 5 mil, will never affect most Americans.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I do not see how that is relevant, unless we are saying that having more money means less protection of individual rights.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Like a winner!

Yeah....

I know the world at large has got used to the US and it's officialdom being the only doormats with a strategic thermonuclear triad, but we American citizens are tired of our government kissing everyone's ass but ours!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join