It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great sign given to the Last Generation from our Lord.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Nowhere else in the Bible talks about "great" sign and there's been many signs throughout the Bible. Consider the implication of that very thought, why is this sign so great? Jesus gave us this revelation over 2000 years ago.

Revelation 12:1

A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;

And now I will attempt to show you why this is truly a great sign.

First we will start with the meaning of Revelation 12.

Some of you will have seen this before.

Question is it real? Yes it is.

Here is a few photos taken from my phone using Star Chart app that has the ability to go through time.

I was checking it out for fun one day and decided to check out September 23rd, 2017 for fun and was surprised to see all the planets lined up.

This one even has the "woman" so tell me, how did Jesus know it would be a woman 2000 years ago we are now looking at, while at the same time describing every location right down to the detail, moon below her feet, clothed with the sun, how many stars above her head etc?

The moon at her feet.

Clothed with the sun.

The stars above her head. (The woman disappeared on app lol)

Are you beginning to see why this is a Great sign? The only 'great' sign spoken of in the Bible?

This is a sign for the last Generation to take notice.

I'm not done yet. What big event happened before September 23rd, 2017?

August 21, 2017 Total Solar Eclipse.

The last total solar eclipse before August happened on February 26, 1979...38 years, the next one is in 7 years on October 14, 2023.

Next total solar eclipse is in 7 years, are we being warned through this great sign we are about to enter the 7 year Tribulation period?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Kind regards,

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thank you- although most of the people here regard astrology as a nonsense those that run the world certainly don't Mr Toads wild ride is coming soon

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I find it worthy of consideration. Many "coincidences" accompany the theory.

One question, however: Where/What is the Dragon who is waiting to devour the child as noted in the prophecy?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars;

I'm quite baffled everybody picks out one line and completely disregards the context of the full story. Like the heaven in that phrase can't be our night skies, if it were this

Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.

as it takes place in heaven too would imply you think the heaven where God lives is also the night sky. Are you?

It's symbolic, through and through. Heaven doesn't equal night skies.
Sun, stands for nobility, incorruptability, the male principle
Moon, the subconsciousness, silver (as in the metal used to kill demons), the female principle
these are clear signs that what is talked about is the divine marriage. I mean she even gets/is pregnant how much more obvious can it be?
Twelve is the number of the cosmic order. Think about all the tings that are twelve (in & outside the religious stories)
I could pick apart the rest of the story including the dragon and the son with the iron rod too, but I'm sure you wouldn't be able to understand and/or appreciate.
So I simply say:
No.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There was a video I saw on this some months back. It's so much more detailed and there are so many more specifics you're missing from this event. I don't remember the name of the video but it was a really informative video. When I have more time I'll try to look for it but no promises. You've only touched on an extremely small part of this specific event.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Revelation ch12 is not a future prediction, but a retrospective- in film terms, a "flashback". The whole point is to explain the anger of Satan against the church and the persecution by the Beast which develops in ch13.
What is Satan angry about? He is resentful of the Atonement, which brings about forgiveness of sin and thus kills his power, causing him to "fall from heaven". How was he overcome? By the blood of the Lamb (v11). That's the Atonement.

That explains the early verses. The child is Christ, who is born, and finally taken up to the Father. The "battle in heaven" represents the victory won on the Cross, i.e. the Atonement.

The woman represents God's people, which begins as Israel (from whom Christ was born) and evolves into the church, which flees from the world's persecution of the followers of Christ. She is surrounded by twelve stars because "twelve" was always the number of Israel (this is an updated version of Joseph's dream).

So anyone looking to explain this passage from the constellations in the night sky is really wasting their time.

edit on 3-9-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You have to go back into the Greek. The words there were translated into heaven could have been one of several. There was the one that referenced the mundane heavens and there was also the one that references the spiritual heavens where God and the Angels are. They are two different realms.

As you can see, Strong's shows several different Greek words that can be translated simply as "heaven" in the English versions.

The word used in Revelation is the last one - ouranos which means the more mundane air, sky sort of heaven. So whether or not what the person recording the vision was actually seeing was angels fighting each other in the sky or some other form of astronomical event he interpreted as such, who can say?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You do realise, there is a very literal interpretation of that passage, don't you? No celestial alignment required for this one.....

I present Zeitoun in Egypt from the 1960's to you.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

It follows the scriptures a lot better than this event.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Since when were the original biblical texts written in Greek? As far as I know Revelation is pre-Christian the original language would be Hebrew, which makes your point pretty mute.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I love how people nail prophetic literature with modern time
Wasn't the eclipse in the US last week going to herald the end

"Look over here, look over there", yeah prophecy is being fulfilled, people are running around with wild fantasys

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

That woman cant say no to the apocalypse, because of the implication.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I find it worthy of consideration. Many "coincidences" accompany the theory.

One question, however: Where/What is the Dragon who is waiting to devour the child as noted in the prophecy?

Red Dragon

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Since when were the original biblical texts written in Greek? As far as I know Revelation is pre-Christian the original language would be Hebrew, which makes your point pretty mute.

Revelation was actually written in Greek originally and it's pretty much unanimously agreed upon by scholars.

Not all of the New Testament was though. The gospels of Matthew and Mark were most likely written in Hebrew. It's possible that the earliest versions of Luke and John's gospels were translated from Aramaic to Greek. But the John of Revelations is not the same John as in the Gospels and epistles.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hello OP. I was wanted to learn more and in fact did. This is not the first time in 2000 years. I am providing you a link that goes into detail.

www.vofoundation.org...

[exSo the sun in Virgo, the moon at Virgo’s “feet”, and Jupiter in the constellation are regular occurrences.  This leaves the planets at the “head” (the number depending on the number of stars granted to Leo) as the determining factor in making a “momentous” celestial arrangement.  Indeed, while various Internet sources speak of the specific celestial arrangement here as being “unique in human history” or “once in 7000 years”, in fact it is not unique to September 23, 2017.  This basic arrangement happened before—in September 1827, in September 1483, in September 1293, and in September 1056.  These are all shown at the end of this post.  I only searched back one thousand years, from 2017 to 1017—there are undoubtedly other examples outside of that time period, and probably a couple examples that I missed within that time period.]

edit on 3-9-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark
Nowhere else in the Bible talks about "great" sign and there's been many signs throughout the Bible. Consider the implication of that very thought, why is this sign so great? Jesus gave us this revelation over 2000 years ago.

Revelation 12:1

And now I will attempt to show you why this is truly a great sign.

First we will start with the meaning of Revelation 12.

Some of you will have seen this before.

Question is it real? Yes it is.

Here is a few photos taken from my phone using Star Chart app that has the ability to go through time.

I was checking it out for fun one day and decided to check out September 23rd, 2017 for fun and was surprised to see all the planets lined up.

This one even has the "woman" so tell me, how did Jesus know it would be a woman 2000 years ago we are now looking at, while at the same time describing every location right down to the detail, moon below her feet, clothed with the sun, how many stars above her head etc?

The moon at her feet.

Clothed with the sun.

The stars above her head. (The woman disappeared on app lol)

Are you beginning to see why this is a Great sign? The only 'great' sign spoken of in the Bible?

This is a sign for the last Generation to take notice.

I'm not done yet. What big event happened before September 23rd, 2017?

August 21, 2017 Total Solar Eclipse.

The last total solar eclipse before August happened on February 26, 1979...38 years, the next one is in 7 years on October 14, 2023.

Next total solar eclipse is in 7 years, are we being warned through this great sign we are about to enter the 7 year Tribulation period?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Kind regards,

Quite plausible that the Eclipse in August was the beginning of the 7 year period. What that might entail I couldn't say.

The Ice age cometh? Written in the stars?

In 2023 7 years from now could be interesting. 2023 adds up to 7
edit on 3-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
How did the bible know? Astronomy and astrology have been around much longer than the bible, even the Mayans had an extremely accurate star chart ands "forecasting" ability. The same stars and the same constellations have been around billions of years, that's how the bible knew.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'm quite baffled everybody picks out one line and completely disregards the context of the full story. Like the heaven in that phrase can't be our night skies, if it were this

Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.

as it takes place in heaven too would imply you think the heaven where God lives is also the night sky. Are you?

It's symbolic, through and through. Heaven doesn't equal night skies.
Sun, stands for nobility, incorruptability, the male principle
Moon, the subconsciousness, silver (as in the metal used to kill demons), the female principle
these are clear signs that what is talked about is the divine marriage. I mean she even gets/is pregnant how much more obvious can it be?
Twelve is the number of the cosmic order. Think about all the tings that are twelve (in & outside the religious stories)
I could pick apart the rest of the story including the dragon and the son with the iron rod too, but I'm sure you wouldn't be able to understand and/or appreciate.
So I simply say:
No.

Mute huh? That's rich, considering.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

They were not written in Greek. They were translated first to Greek , then to German , then to English...and I may have omitted Latin somewhere down the line.

The original languages were Hebrew and Aramaic.
edit on 9/3/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Since the sun doesn't even appear to cross within the constellation of Virgo this time, why would you assume that it is "clothed with the Sun"?

Especially as the Sun passes through the plane of the Zodiac every year (that's why they chose those particular constellations as the Zodiac).

... and the 12 'stars' are up in Leo!

Even if I believed for a minute in Asstrology, this would be a stretch.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join