It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morning Java Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I have few complaints physically, mentally or emotional to dwell upon,so I wandered to ponder, as I frequently do, on the state of humanity. Instantly, is given a humorous interpretation of that condition: “Humans, with their brains, are as a child with a new toy.”

That led to wondering just why do we have such a fabulous toy? If we look around at the animal world, we see creatures that are of a unified structure, body and actuating system, complex and simple, that allow them to continually exist in a naturally given state with few untapped capabilities in those neurons to allow them to ever escape those biological prisons. In all cases, their brain power is suitable for the basic design, of course, but lack the greater potential to flourish beyond their current state of interacting with, or even dreaming of something else.

Why do we have this further ability when as pure animals, even if humanoid with opposing thumbs, etc., we need not be so endowed? Was it merely whims of nature that gave us so much more than what is necessary for our existence or were we tinkered with, over endowed with so much more potential? And why do we fail it?

Well, who knows? My second cup is done, streaks are appearing in the east and I have to hit the bathroom.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Perhaps, like the current fear of AI, there was a spark of sentience that grew exponentially from there and we just happened to have the primate dexterity to do something about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Human hierarchy is not all that different than animal hierarchy, the only difference is we wear clothes.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

So dogs dream of flying to Mars and work to achieve higher states of consciousness than they come equipped with?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
When my dog talks, I'll ask him.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If you could also ask him what's up really with that whole walking in circles thing for 2 minutes before lying down I would appreciate it. 👍

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The beauty of a perfect sunrise. So simple but yet so promising. Why do you think we are born with this particular brand of consciousness? Is it a curse or a blessing?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The basic idea that I have for this is such:

We were simple hominids kinda like or if not something exactly like apes.
Aliens spliced our ape DNA with pig DNA and tweaked the DNA strands to create homo sapien.

And here we are, thousands of years later, still mostly hairless, requiring clothing and shelter, tough pregnancies and an insatiable desire for gold.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

So dogs dream of flying to Mars and work to achieve higher states of consciousness than they come equipped with?

Animals do dream. Humans are just more intelligent and capable of deeper thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

If you could also ask him what's up really with that whole walking in circles thing for 2 minutes before lying down I would appreciate it. 👍

Actually scientists say that they are aligning their bodies with the magnetism of earth's poles.

top topics

join