It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am sorry ATS community. RE- Secureteam10 HOAXing!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Greeting everyone, it's been a while.

I wanted to apologise to you all, because maybe a year ago I created a thread which contained a video uploaded by Secureteam10 on YouTube, it was a short video of a strange submerged conical object with a blinking red light near the nose, this object was accidentally filmed passing under what I think was a small boat by someone filming the horizon.

It was a very interesting video, which is why I uploaded it - I know we all like to think we have a good eye for fakes, and I am no acception - I am pretty sure this was a genuine "unknown".

Anyway the thread was quickly deepsixed to the HOAX bin, and I had a bit of a bashing from some members about Secureteam10, or even Tyler who runs the channel, being a known hoaxer, and had been caught out purposely being misleading in the past.

Well I defended him (stupidly), because although I had watched his content for a long time, I must have missed the more questionable uploads over that time.

Now whithin the last few months old "Trusty" Tyler has gone and joined the dark side openly, he has associated himself with none other than the number one disinformation agent himself, "SnakeOil" Steven Greer!!

I also saw a few dodgy videos before the Greer thing, one in particular was a video of a picture, of an upside down frozen lake on the Antartic continent, Tyler had this uploaded with a title like "Blatent disk parked on Antartica"!!!!!

In that video he presented it as a genuine anomaly, but I saw an expose by another Youtuber who showed it was just an obvious upside down lake!

Many other videos I have seen which are presented as real cases then at the end of the video he ends with "But it was all exposed to be a HOAX" Obviously using the wording of titles as click bait to mislead and get increased views and more revenue.

So my sincere apologies, because now it's easy for anyone to see how Tyler and Secureteam10 are bringing the field into disrepute, motivated by financial interests.

It would make for an interesting thread if someone could find the records of earnings from ads for that channel, it's no surprise old SnakeOil has vampiriclly attached himself to it!

So what say you ATS, will you forgive me?

Deny the ignorance of the millions of viewers to that channel being probably first exposed to the field of UFOlogy, and being sent down the CSETI path from go, if we don't address this - the waters are going to become so muddy we will be stuck with the future players being inspired now.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Nothing to forgive.

Watch what you like....Take the good with the bad.

Be skeptical until proven otherwise.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

Yes , of course.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It happens to almost all in the end. They initially seem credible, but it never lasts. It is enough to make us speculate about them being "got at" and persuaded/ threatened/ rewarded into reputational self-destruction, so they become just another conspiracy nutjob.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I really hate YouTube vids, concerning paranormal/ UFOs, am a natural skeptic but with an open mind,and I can tell ya, YouTube vids did such number on me that I reject all.. I believe any such news if real would be carried by some formal announcement by some guy in a suit on net work news followed by dear leader, telling us to keep calm..we got it under control.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

Yep. I'll respect you, too. Not many people here will come out and admit that they were wrong about something.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Meh. We all fall for fakes and hoaxers sooner or later. It's the nature of ufology and unavoidable. This is why I love the saying about needing a 'a high tolerance for ambiguity.' Popular 'ufology' has always been fuelled by fakers since Adamski and the Contactee guys like Buck Nelson. Nothing has changed since.

This article right over here has a detailed list of proven hoaxes. It also answers some of your questions regarding generated income. Here's another you might like. Apparently Google are doing their demonetizing thing to the channel.

The reason the channel gets so much flack is because he consistently sticks to his guns in the face of proven hoaxing and has actively hoaxed his loyal fans. Personally, I don't care if someone makes good money from the adsense of Google. It isn't coming out of the pockets of the people who watch the videos so where's the harm in it? He isn't promoting dangerous ideologies either. If he labelled the channel 'entertainment' it might be allowed kinda like those fake docos on Quest TV.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Nope. You're obviously working with ST10 and just back peddling to save yourself.

Just kidding.

Everyone gets caught up in a hoax or misleading information at some point. Some people refuse to believe they could be fooled, but it takes a bigger man/woman to admit they're wrong.

edit on 392017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Billy Meier fooled me when I was in my early teens. Carlotto in late teens. Tony Blair in the mid-90s lol.

If half the psy-ops allegations are true, it's likely that most of the famous ufologists and researchers have also been fooled at some point. Apart from psychics and bigfoots, ufology is likely to have been one of the biggest dens for crooks and hoaxers in the past 100 years.

It's a crazy field and a poor return on anyone's time investment - almost a fool's errand and certainly a wild goose chase.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's all about money. It's the driving force behind, I would say, 98% of these cretins.

I remember back in my "rabbit hole" days (2002-2004) where I would spend hours upon hours online after and before work looking for info on UFOS, Area 51, aliens and that area of things. I remember almost every site either had a donate button, a shop to buy books, tshirts and cups or a subscription requirement. The only difference between then and now is the ad revenue.

I know to most I seem like a firm denier. I'm not. I'm a skeptic. But I've been down so many rabbit holes that led nowhere that it turned me from a believer to a skeptic. I still hold that bit of hope that, one day, something will surface that will make everyone believe, including me.
edit on 392017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ahh thanks everyone, I felt I had to post because I really got a bit arsey at the time, and to be honest I am normally so sceptical of everything, including ATS even, that I felt a bit betrayed by Tyler for fooling me, I didn't get fooled with footage that I know of, but for his trust, which is worse!

I felt it was great that a channel was getting the eyes his is getting with the subject matter.

I agree with you Kadiski that it is particularly anoying because he does claim the high road, even after being caught out, which offends me.

And I am happy to see someone use the opportunity Google provides to make themself as rich as they can providing they follow a moral guide, and because he claims to be truthful, and wastes people's time and attention, and gives credibility to people like Greer, I do resent him a little if I am honest.

I just think given that reach and potential power, it's such a waste and a betrayal to his claim to want to better humanity and reach the truth of the reality we find ourselves in,

Or maybe I am looking a little deep into it! And we all like to think we would do better in the same position, who knows!

I never fell for Tony Blair actually, but I was only about 15 when all that was happening, but I saw through 9/11 by the time I was 16-17 and when you start to grasp what they really did on that day, you really do have to question everything we know about reality.

Thanks for the links , I am surprised they are going to demonitize him, but I think that works on a video by video basis, so I bet he isn't losing out on many of them.

Plus he's got his Pateon crew!

Actually, now I think about it - I did sort of trust Alex Jones years ago, but we know which side he has fallen on now, who wants to hear me moan about that!?!?

πŸ˜œπŸ‘πŸ»

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
We must burn the heathens, the blasphemers, the adulterers and the hoaxers.

Let me ask, do you weigh more than a duck?

Then how do you float, conveyor of erroneous foolishness. Cast his bones with stones into the river of contemplation, you people of logic and discern.

Nahh, just joshin'.. reckons you is a bit orrite. we all find it hard to tell at times, even harder to change. and snake oils men abound. we live and learn, aye...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Let me ask, do you weigh more than a duck?

What a great skit.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Not convinced that everything Greer says is fake.

A lot of what he says seems sketchy when he talks about working for the government or talking to this person or that however the information he provides aside from that can be well... interesting.

As a UFO experiencer it seems more like he's full of crap about how he comes across the information like being approached by the CIA or whatever crap he comes up with and less full of crap with the actual info he presents about the UFO.

I also find it odd you are apologizing to people you don't know on a forum about a post you made a year ago.
edit on 3-9-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Although I've never been wrong about anything, ever! Welcome home space brother! Theses earthlings can be petty sometimes...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

Been there done that got the exact same t-shirt...nothing to really apologize. I mean, comparatively CNN are a bunch of hoaxers too. So doesn't matter what you secretly or openly watch, just take a step back and decide if the topic you are witnessing is of credible value or not

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

While you may be upset, you have committed a worse act by stating:

"...the number one disinformation agent himself, "SnakeOil" Steven Greer!!"

Greer at times, several times it seems, has been influenced by outside forces to accept their spiel as factual. He seems too easy to accept without critical thinking of what that package would mean in the final analysis. Some of his material presented to the public is disastrous. Many of us in that field have made drastic mistakes in judgment as we attempt to bring to the public what seems to be the correct, can I say, optic on UFOs.

His recently released video Unacknowledged (on Netflix) is about the best FULL account of the entire UFO scenario out at this time. That said, even there he lacks sufficient data on building a case for the black/secret/invisible government. (Perhaps he doesn't know the full picture or is saving it for another time.) But he is on the right track. Many people want to throw him in with the doom crowd of Ecke, etc. That is a mischaracterization of Greer. The UFO are real enough. Unfortunately, some of his "proofs" that he comes up are cited as evidence that he is a fraud.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Good to have you back.

Now get to threading!

peace

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You can't be too hard on yourself. Most of us are not prepared for just how good the professional con artist can be. We forget they are professionals and the deceit is a major part of their craft.

Being aware and vigilante goes a long way in helping you spot their game, but some are such masters of their craft you will almost never see the slip.

It isn't until you wake up with your underwear around ankles, handcuffed to a runaway train that you begin to see your mistakes. Some may not see the con for what it is even then.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
With the power intrusted in me by the ATS community i hereby declare you Forgiven!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join