It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was I stupid to do it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: CreationBro

I passed no judgement on JoshuaCox. I'm not a fan of the fat cat bean counters either.

Each has to do as they feel. As I said at the beginning, what's important is to follow one's conscience. Each of us has a different journey (and rarely is it a stupid one!)

Oh no worries here, I found your replies insightful.

I was simply thinking about past observations.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Shame me for what???

I did absolutely NOTHING set up the situation, nor did I say ANYTHING deceptive or dishonest.

ANY legal definition of theft requires ATLEAST one of those things to be true and I know that because I looked it all up when researching any liability I might have..

All I did was to not point out the mistake as he walked out the door.

Morally a hair shady??

Sure..

Theft however isn't anywhere near appropriate.

As I said, theft requires you to have taken some action to instigate the event. I took no action and had no intention of doing so.

PS.. I should have kept reading before posting lol.

And to add to your point, I think the same way concerning welfare queens.. people act like they are the primary problem for scamming maybe 5grand a year, whole billion dollar back room payoffs happen dail costing us incredibly more.

Well i was actually being open minded and agreed with some of what you said, that is what i was implying, but id say what you did was a form of theft as you were fully aware of the situation in that you were receiving goods for free when it was clear the goods were meant to be paid for.

Its not the biggest deal in the world, and my first reply was meant to point out some of the hypocrisies regarding that and how some may condemn.

edit on 3-9-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Do you feel the same about Trump type billionaires who pay little or no taxes???

Or is that acceptable??

Trump pays millions of dollars every year to the IRS... What do you pay?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I stopped reading and started typing after "shame him" so the first part was jumping the gun lol..

So if the computer doesn't register the scan when at a cashier and you notice..

That's theft???

That's a broad definition of theft..

And not one that matches any legal definition of it..

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

A) he paid millions of dollars once... we don't have any clue what he has paid every other year.. just that he isn't proud of how much he paid so is scared to show the public..

B) Totally irrelevant to ANY on topic point...

That is like saying " I brought a car here last time, so I can steal one and it's not theft right???"

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I have this problem too, I have been born with these really frigging annoying morals, damn sometimes I wish I did not have them so I could go about screwing people over for my gain and my life would be far easier had I been able to go down that road.

You are doing the right thing although many may look at it as stupid, to me its doing the right thing, even if it means keeping profits high in a multi million dollar business that lets face it cares very little about us.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Look man, you can do all the mental gymnastics you want, you clearly admitted your intent was to defraud them when you posted on this site that you were concerned about security footage. At that point your intent was clearly 'to deprive the items' rightful owner (typically the store) of possession of the items, without paying the purchase price'.

You're a thief. Wear it with honor and cut the bull.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Inaction isn't against the law in almost any case..

In this case it is.

..... your crazy.

And you're a thief.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

If it was Amazon who delivered it then they could be faulted, but Amazon did nothing wrong so you did the right thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

AFTER THE FACT I thought about the cameras.. and wasn't worried then, because THE MANAGER HAD PUT IT IN MY CAR!!! All without me ever saying ANYTHING even remotely deceptive.

I didn't defraud anything...

That is equivalent to calling someone a thief when the cashier forget ring up the dog food under the cart and doesn't say anything..

I was going to say or someone who claims a write off on their taxes for their office. When they never really use it for work.. but that requires actually lying.. something I didn't do...

Mental gymnastics is

A) just the insanity that your not legally required to save some one who is about to die, but your legally required to point out any mistake a cashier makes...

That works..

B) that it was anywhere near theft...theft requires for you to do something... BY DEFINITION it takes some form of deceptive action.

I committed no form of deceptive action.

edit on 4-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

AFTER THE FACT I thought about the cameras.. and wasn't worried then, because THE MANAGER HAD PUT IT IN MY CAR!!! All without me ever saying ANYTHING even remotely deceptive.

You don't have to say or do anything deceptive, there was no effective consent on the merchant's part unless the manager implicitly informed you that you did not have to compensate them for their goods.

That is equivalent to calling someone a thief when the cashier forget ring up the dog food under the cart and doesn't say anything..

If you knowingly ignore that then you are also a thief.

I committed no form of deceptive action.

You can try rationalize this all you want but your comments in this thread show you understood it was theft.

edit on 4-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a demon stole it

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Do you feel the same about Trump type billionaires who pay little or no taxes???

Or is that acceptable??

So now you admit that you are no better than you think Trump is?
Well, at least you admit it.

But Trump pays a lot of taxes, even before his personal income tax is payed. Try having a business with employees who get paid. You might start to get a tiny clue then.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No It's to do with pride.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

A) he paid millions of dollars once... we don't have any clue what he has paid every other year.. just that he isn't proud of how much he paid so is scared to show the public..

B) Totally irrelevant to ANY on topic point...

That is like saying " I brought a car here last time, so I can steal one and it's not theft right???"

Wrong. If the IRS had anything on Trump then Obama would have had them climb so deep up Trump's arse, he would need an enema to flush them out.

That was kind of Obama's thing ya know?

Your post is nonsense.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I can tell it's bothering you if you made a post on it trust. Your gut. I have had similar experience that you described, I went shopping checked out and upon looking at my receipt wondering why it was so cheap I noticed the chashier didn't ring a item. I was excited at first because I thought hey, I didn't steal and I'm far from being rich and I basically got it for free even though it was only 20$ but my morals and consciousness bugged me as I drove off the parking lot. I started to feel like a criminal knowing I would think about it the rest of the night so I turned around went back to the store and told one of the workers my situation. They where happy but also had a look of why would you do that? I would of kept that # of it was me. So fast forward a week later I'm at the gas station and before that I took out my rent money from the bank, with my stupidity I left my wallet full of my cash for rent on the side of the counter and where I live is not the greatest place. I start to drive off and a women starts waving me down and hands me my wallet untouched, I thanked her a million times and started realizing maybe it was that good karma I got from returning that item from the store.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Amazon (and likely the delivery company that delivered the package to the wrong house) are billion dollar companies.

Say nothing. Enjoy your new toy. Delete this post, and carry on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join