It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M 6.3 Explosion - 24km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I agree,
It's very worrisome, I really think though..even if NK attacked 1st, they have limited resources and means to sustain anything, and at that point China says they will not support them, or get in the way of the retaliation to follow.
Without China Nk would be crushed in a short period..let us hope and pray it does not come to that.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast

Reading now its 1 Megaton.

The maximum yield of an "ordinary" atomic bomb is perhaps 0.5 megaton. That means a one megaton bomb is a fusion bomb/Hydrogen bomb.

If one megaton is the recorded yield then the sky is the limit for the destructive power of North Korea's nuclear weapons. They could literally make bombs which not only destroy cities but a huge part of the hinterland of that city too. The radioactive contamination could be enormous if detonated at ground level. And if detonated high in the atmosphere it would take down power grids and electrical equipment all over the USA, Canada.

If one megaton is the yield then this is a really big deal.

Dont know how credible this quote is:

Rand Corporation's Bruce Bennett said the 6.3 magnitude quake would signify "a very big weapon". He added: "It's still not a true hydrogen bomb, but it's certainly much closer to that than anything they have ever done before."

Its from the BBC.

In any case, once those Japanese aircraft sniff the radiation, I think its time for more of those sanctions, talk and apologizing. Perhaps now we can give the North Koreans the respect they deserve. [/sarcasm].
edit on 3 9 2017 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They got radiation? Are they basing this off just the magnitude of the explosion alone?
edit on 3-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Well, in an underground test, I think its common to have the cavern created by the detonation, to then collapse.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
BNO News has a live blog with updates bnonews.com...

Thanks for that link. Lots happening over there tonight. South Korea just called another emergency session of it's leadership assembly. (I think this is the 14th time this year.)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I hear what you're saying but I'm not ready to bet on it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Id go with first possibly a strike. Second either a collapse or even a second strike.

IMO, the U.S. would not hit North Korea's nuclear test site with a nuke of our own. And, I don't know if hitting his test site with a conventional weapon would trigger his nuke weapon to explode. Would it?

It would depend on what kind of safe guards they have in place.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
North Korea will make an "Important Announcement" at 3pm local time. What time is that on the East Coast of the USA?

Edit: I see on the ( bnonews.com... ) blog that it's 2:30am Eastern Time. That doesn't sound right. 3:00pm NK time has to be x:00am EDT. Right?

edit on 9/3/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
First a travel ban and then a nuclear explosion...although I think there would be more than one explosion if there were a pre-emptive strike.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I gather initial reports are based on seismic data - relevant agencies will use their "sniffers" to detect and analyse any nuclear signatures.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

2:30am ET

Or in just over 40 minutes time
edit on 3-9-2017 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2017 by auroraaus because: I was off!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

North Korea will make an "Important Announcement" at 3pm local time. What time is that on the East Coast of the USA?

Edit: I see on the ( bnonews.com... ) blog that it's 2:30am Eastern Time. That doesn't sound right. 3:00pm NK time has to be x:00am EDT. Right?

Zero hour?

Its in 22 minutes anyway.

I wonder in the boomers will give them time to get that special announcement out?
edit on 3 9 2017 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

So theyre not possitive it was a nuclear explosion until they detect radiation.

Im not saying it was or wasnt but thete are other possibilities than nuke. Waiting to hear more info.

North korea making announcement in halfhour. Probably going to say they have h bomb.

edit on 3-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

Or in just over 20 minutes time

The last time North Korea made an important announcement about their successful rocket test, there was 45 minutes of military and propaganda commercials before the anchor started speaking. And then, none of us knew what the guy was saying.
edit on 9/3/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Please see my post few pages back with a link to an article on How to tell the difference between a nuke test or an earthquake.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Somebody erred. Korea's about 13 hours ahead of the US eastern time zone. My dad used to call us every day from his office in Seoul (we were in FL) at noon sharp his time. I got a kick out of being able to stay up late some nights and brag in school about why XD

Edit: Nope, nobody erred but me. I had the right number of hours, just got confused a bit doing the conversion (hey, give me a break, that was over 20 years ago and I still remembered the time difference correctly) The time given is correct, doubled checked with Time & Date's site.
edit on 9/3/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Edit 2: Ok, just to be clear, I see why I got jumbled a bit. Pyongyang and Seoul have a 30 minute difference for some reason. Pyongyang lags 30 minutes behind Seoul.
edit on 9/3/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Maybe no nukes exploded. But something went boom big time. Its all speculation until we hear what rumors are going around about what the sats saw.

What if it wasn't a test but it was the real deal, and the US blasted it before it got off the ground, detonating the bomb creating a chain reaction.

As you said it just speculation at this point. What ever it may be War is being forged and its not looking good.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Maybe no nukes exploded. But something went boom big time. Its all speculation until we hear what rumors are going around about what the sats saw.

What if it wasn't a test but it was the real deal, and the US blasted it before it got off the ground, detonating the bomb creating a chain reaction.

As you said it just speculation at this point. What ever it may be War is being forged and its not looking good.

If that was the case, China and Russia would be going off their nuts right now at the west.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

Or in just over 20 minutes time

How can a top-of-the-hour announcement in NK, be the bottom of an hour, here in the US?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

The nuke just looks like a very large explosion. Its assumed its a nuke cause nothing else explodes at 1megaton. But what if something else can explode just as powerfully.

Lil kim probably has a h bomb and thats what this was. But there are other possibilities.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join