It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's an important social reason incomes aren't rising in America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Willtell

We were also the only industrialized nation left with a manufacturing base after ww2

Absolutely. This is where trade policy came in and the result of that was the gutting of the US manufacturing base.

That is the third leg of the massive deception and the reason behind our destruction. Globalization demanded this because the corporations needed to be free to make massive amounts of money through cheap labor abroad; consequently the manufacturing base of America was sacrificed.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
20 years or so ago the biggest employer was my ex employer GM, who with benefits paid 50 dollars an hour

Now guess who the biggest employer is today?

Wall mart that pays 10 dollars an hour!

3 years ago, GM offered me a job if I would drop out of school. They were going to start me at $45/hour with full benefits. I would have had to move about an hour away though.

Good jobs with GM still exist, but not necessarily in the same towns that they used to exist in.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Welp, I hate to break it to ya bud but unless you go to one of the best universities in the country your starting from the bottom.

Everyone starts at the bottom. I do actually attend one of the top 10 universities in the world for my field (not to be confused with top 10 general universities), and I'm still starting on the bottom. My point was that if you ever want to move past the bottom you're going to have to go above and beyond the basics of a 4 year education.

Remember, a degree and certifications are pretty much worthless, everyone competing with you for a job has one (contrasted with those who aren't competing which don't). It doesn't set you apart from your peers, it's a basic requirement rather than something extra. If you want to move up to something that's a good job, you need to bring more to the table.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
Stop whining.

No thanks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join