It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK version of Area 51...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was wondering if England had anything like Area 51? I once heard that RAF Lakenheath (near me) & RAF Bentwaters was hiding some UFO when it crashed a few years back but the MoD denied it.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sure there have been many UFO sightings in the UK. Ad people claim to have seen the Aurora land at RAF Machrihanish.

Search a bit on RAF Machrihanish and you will find a few interesting articles

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Rudloe Manor could be considered as the UKs' A-51. Not on the same scale though because its in a residential area
I visited it a few times, the whole area is littered with ventilation shafts for the underground tunnels, and there is real tight security with MoD police over the place. I think there is an article on ATS about it. You really need to go there to really see the scale of the tunnels.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
thers a base near here at Kineton,it supposed to be for weapons storage but it has an underground railway that runs all over thet country
to various "bases"

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I would think that they would have something similar to area 51 but it wouldnt be so high tech.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The thing to remember about the uk, is the lack of ground space compared to the us, so any sites will be very unlikely to be found above ground. Although dont let this dishearten you, as i happen to know first hand just how slack the uk mod security can be.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
we have alot of places here (UK) which do have activities which are like area 51, but i don't think they will be as big as Area 51 or have any connection to UFOs. Most of base are for research into advance radar and Stealth. Our nulcear program is goin up a gear,but i have no idea which base is dealin with this.

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If you dust away the cobwebs and explore the archives, you'll find most of what's been claimed about UK secret sites/bases here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yeh I think Rudloe manor has the ufo research labs and the CCC, this CCC is a central computer centre which I beleive monitors a lot of things including Ufo's etc, well I do know its a big super computer!

this is a link to some info on it.

[Edited on 10-8-2003 by resentedhalo]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
At Rudloe Manor I was taking some pictures of the site but MoD police took my film

I was annoyed at the time.

-Ike

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wonder if there are any wannabe area 51's here in Finland?

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I dont know about any similar Area 51's over here, but I execpt there is, just well hidden!

But I do know that under hyde-park there is alot of tunnel's, bunker's etc some were left over from the war (1st and 2nd). There is also living quarters shops office's etc etc, bascially a mini city under a city. The tunnel's go for miles, from Buckingham Palace, Westminster, Downing St, the whole work's all over London, and certain tunnels lead straight to some air-ports as well.

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Isn't that the London Underground

-Ike

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Edinburgh also has extensive tunnels underneath which you are occasionally allowed access to. Basically modern Edinburgh is built upon the ruins of old Edinburgh - I think about the time of the Great Plague.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
Edinburgh also has extensive tunnels underneath which you are occasionally allowed access to. Basically modern Edinburgh is built upon the ruins of old Edinburgh - I think about the time of the Great Plague.

Yeah i remember watching a program about that, it was interesting. They went around the old city and everything. Pretty cool

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
And as for Inverness....we ain't got a darn thing

top topics

join