It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens at 1656hrs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
But this is all completely arbitrary -- why does this assume the number-to-letter combination is valid?

Why is it the standard letters of the English language and using English words? Do these entities only speak English?

What if you used the Russian alphabet? Or Hebrew? Or Chinese? How does that even map up?

My point is, I don't think any of this is even remotely valid -- the assumption is there is some esoteric or metaphysical link between the letter A and 1 and B and 2 and so on. I have never seen any of these numerology charts for Japanese which are the same for a corresponding theory or idea in English.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Its a lot like the Nancy Lieder followers and all that "zeta reticuli" bullcrap. Why would aliens call their own system, and themselves the English language earthling name for their star?

Numerology is in the same camp for the reasons you point out

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms
a reply to: 1656hrs

If something requires belief to work, then it doesn't and you are just fooling yourself

It's a shame your conscious mind thinks like that. Especially with your username, MasterAtArms, (4×1×1×2×5×9×1×2×1×9×4×1) equalling 25920.

It would appear your subconscious is on my side, causing you to post here.
She had already done the calculation, and knew that I would pull you up on what your username equals (She suggested the username to you in the first place).

That's why you didn't work it out consciously. If you had, you'd never have bothered posting here because to your conscious mind it would have been pretty obvious I'd probably come back to you with something like this.

So, through the number 25920 I offer you a glimpse of your inner Divinity that you are trying to show yourself.

It seems your conscious mind does want you to wake up, albeit unbeknownst to the quivering ego that is already shaping your retaliatory comment.

Didn't you know that butterflies vibrate before they take to flight?

Do you believe in your subconscious mind?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

But that's a numeric system you've made up based on....what? How do you attribute the value 4 to M? Why not 6? Or 19020? Or 0.123452?

How have you validated that the number '4' equals M?

What about the Japanese name 田中 ? How does your numerology work for that?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Hebrew and Greek do have their own numbering system, but you know that, so why post here?

The answer, 1080000, is the same reason as MasterAtArms.

The English language is as universal as languages come, apart from the other universal language which is number.

The link between A and 1, B and 2, and so on is very simple and very logical.

Please feel free to stay here with MasterAtArms, mutually stimulating your egos until you are both satisfied.

But remember, right now I'm the equivalent of your Mother shouting you down for your dinner at just the wrong moment.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Logical progression. Alphabet starts at A. Numbers start at 1. Alphabets are made up of individual symbols. Numbers are made up of individual symbols.

Your Japanese characters? If you send me the English translation I'll do the calculation for you if you're too lazy to do it yourself. If there was no translation possible we'd move on to the phonetics.

Ps. I gave you a star for your persistence.
edit on 4917 by 1656hrs because: persistent ignorance still shows the positivity of persistence

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1656hrs
Hebrew and Greek do have their own numbering system, but you know that, so why post here?

Do they? And how did they come to that conclusion that their arbitrary system works?

The English language is as universal as languages come, apart from the other universal language which is number.

Wow, have you ever left your home?? There are over 6500 languages known in humanity. As a native English speaker and having actually travelled the world and lived in non-English speaking countries, I can attest that you are dead wrong - it is NOT as universal as languages come.

Yes it's widely spoken, but certainly not the most popular language, if you go by number of speakers. Chinese first, then Spanish.

How did you get to the conclusion English is as 'universal' as languages come??

The link between A and 1, B and 2, and so on is very simple and very logical

No it isn't. Questions like, do you include 0 in the value system, as some cultures see 0 as a non-existent, others see it as a numeric. In those instances, do you start at 0 or 1? Do you roll numbers at 9 or 10, or 26 to account for all English language letters?

The point is, YOU have decided what the value attribution system is, not something 'divine' or mystical.

Please feel free to stay here with MasterAtArms, mutually stimulating your egos until you are both satisfied. But remember, right now I'm the equivalent of your Mother shouting you down for your dinner at just the wrong moment.

Ah, and there it is. When someone is pretending to be 'in the know' or to have access to 'higher knowledge', and when they really do not and are just lying, they act pretentious and arrogant to anyone who questions their nonsensical logic.

Instead of providing evidence or engaging in a debate, you chose the arrogant route to discussion. Fair enough. I'll leave you to count your numbers.
edit on 4-9-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Your Japanese characters? If you send me the English translation I'll do the calculation for you if you're too lazy to do it yourself. If there was no translation possible we'd move on to the phonetics.

So you need English to make your system work. What good is phonetics? "Tanaka" is the Japanese name. But what happens when you have allophones of the same phoneme?? How does your numeric system work with 'ch' versus 'dj' ?

I'm not interested in stars. I'm interested in discussions, but seeing as how you think you're 'my mother' and can talk down to me because you believe you are in possession of knowledge others are not, shows what level of debate this would be.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I was going by widely taught - I'm still very happy with my statement about the universality of numbers and the English language.

Can't believe I'm having to repeat myself.

English letters are single symbols. Numbers are single symbols. My system uses multiplication so 0 doesn't fit (that's why it was an easy decision not to use 0).
Logically attach single numbers to a correctly ordered alphabet and you end up with the system I've shown.

It's logical. And logic is inherently divine. As are you. As am I.

By the way, we're both deuterostomes*, not just me.

I think you deserve another star. Top marks for persistence.

*noonebutme has now changed his word 'as*holic' to 'arrogant'.
edit on 4917 by 1656hrs because: making sense

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

So you need English to make your system work. What good is phonetics? "Tanaka" is the Japanese name. But what happens when you have allophones of the same phoneme?? How does your numeric system work with 'ch' versus 'dj' ?

I'm not interested in stars. I'm interested in discussions, but seeing as how you think you're 'my mother' and can talk down to me because you believe you are in possession of knowledge others are not, shows what level of debate this would be.

I said I was the equivalent of. As in 'spoiling the party'. Again you know that. If you're quoting me please include the context. I would never claim to have given birth to you.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

nope, sorry

MasterAtArms was a username auto-generated by a game for a MMO character I play. I liked it so use it in quite a few places. I had no choice in the matter other than "yeah, I like that"

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

MasterAtArms, (4×1×1×2×5×9×1×2×1×9×4×1) equalling 25920

Whats so special about that number? its meaningless to me and whatever nonsense new-agey crap you come up with will have no bearing on that numbers personal relationship with me.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

nope, sorry

MasterAtArms was a username auto-generated by a game for a MMO character I play. I liked it so use it in quite a few places. I had no choice in the matter other than "yeah, I like that"

Unless ATS made you use that username here, which they didn't, my comment still stands. You still chose your username here. It could've been generated by reading the faeces of pine martens, if you liked it and decided to use it here, that is still your choice, is it not?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

My system uses multiplication so 0 doesn't fit (that's why it was an easy decision not to use 0).

Ah, ok then. It's just something you made up and isn't real. That's cool. I rest my objection, as I was under the impression this was being discussed as something real, not as entertainment.

*noonebutme has now changed his word 'as*holic' to 'arrogant'.

Correct, as I didn't want the post deleted. I stand by the initial word though, as your post was pretty arrogant and borderline on the a-word.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
deleted.. double posted somehow...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

say one thing....

She had already done the calculation, and knew that I would pull you up on what your username equals (She suggested the username to you in the first place).

That's why you didn't work it out consciously. If you had, you'd never have bothered posting here because to your conscious mind it would have been pretty obvious I'd probably come back to you with something like this.

and then another....

It could've been generated by reading the faeces of pine martens, if you liked it and decided to use it here, that is still your choice, is it not?

so what. Whatever number you come up with is still utterly arbitrary and meaningless, and cannot in any way be used to interpret anything of any value from

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

MasterAtArms, (4×1×1×2×5×9×1×2×1×9×4×1) equalling 25920

Whats so special about that number? its meaningless to me and whatever nonsense new-agey crap you come up with will have no bearing on that numbers personal relationship with me.

Err... It's the ideal number of years of the precession of the equinoxes. Or is space and time too new-agey for you?

Ps. I don't mean to be rude by my absence but I'll be very busy for the next few hours - I'll check back in later to peruse the ammunition you'll have undoubtedly left for me.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

say one thing....

and then another....

It could've been generated by reading the faeces of pine martens, if you liked it and decided to use it here, that is still your choice, is it not?

so what. Whatever number you come up with is still utterly arbitrary and meaningless, and cannot in any way be used to interpret anything of any value from

I've not said your subconscious chose every letter itself. She obviously recognised the value of the name that had been generated for you, and suggested you use that name here.
It could have been generated by pine martens pooping. If it would've been useful and you liked it, it would've been used.
It has been used. And I'm not contradicting myself at all.

Busy - gotta go - be back later

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a quick google of..

It's the ideal number of years of the precession of the equinoxes

yields no results whatsoever on how "ideal" that number is in relation to orbital precession. So which hat did you pull that out of trying to sound smart?
edit on 4-9-2017 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

a quick google of..

It's the ideal number of years of the precession of the equinoxes

yields no results whatsoever on how "ideal" that number is in relation to orbital precession. So which hat did you pull that out of trying to sound smart?

It would've been more helpful to whoever is reading this if you'd just searched 25920, and then not bothered to post here.

I guarantee if anyone does Google search '25920', or even '25920 ideal', they'll see I was simply trying to be informative, not 'smart' as you put it.

If this is the way that some of the established members treat people I wonder just how many possible newcomers with interesting stories to tell are being put off joining and sharing their experiences...
I wonder how many people there are waiting to join the site, versus how many members there are on here who deliberately try to derail threads...
And I wonder, if certain members profiles were publicly suspended from certain forums by the decision makers of ATS, so as to show the possible newcomers that they'd be entering into a slightly more nurturing environment, then I wonder just how much more rich and interesting the tapestry that is the collection of personal experiences here would become.

On the sad day that it comes to light that one member like you is worth two members like me, then I'd say it's definitely time to look a little closer at what's going on.

Hold on a minute..

MasterAtArms (4×1×1×2×5×9×1×2×1×9×4×1) = 25920
1656hrs (1×6×5×6×8×9×1) = 12960

25920 ÷ 2 = 12960

You ARE worth two of me!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join