It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea claims to have hydrogen bomb for long-range missile

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Would Kim Jong strike another country with a single nuclear missile, knowing that in return, all the people, culture, (and statues) in North Korea would be wiped off the face of the planet, forever?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Correction, it wasn't seismologists but their government. According to this

After examining the data we concluded that it was a nuclear tests,” Foreign Minister Taro Kono said at a briefing broadcast by public broadcaster NHK following a meeting of Japan’s National Security Council. Japan’s Ministry of Defence said it had dispatched at least three military jets from bases in Japan to test for radiation.

Source

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Looks like Fox took down that second earthquake alert, wonder where they got that information?
That was scary and apparently fake news.

Perhaps there was a second one at 4.1

From USGS

M 4.1 Collapse - 22km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea
2017-09-03 03:38:31 UTC 41.350°N 129.030°E 0.0 km depth

One 8 minutes before it
M 6.3 Explosion - 22km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea
2017-09-03 03:30:01 UTC 41.343°N 129.036°E 0.0 km depth

edit on 3-9-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

Notes:
Seismic event collocated with the larger possible explosion 8 minutes and 32 seconds earlier. This significantly smaller event is likely a secondary feature (possibly a structural collapse) associated with the larger event.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Their announcements are what we've already heard all the time. It's just when they broadcast it to their citizens on big jumbo screens to show off. They don't get very live news there, mushroom people , always being kept in the dark

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

After examining the data we concluded that it was a nuclear tests,” Foreign Minister Taro Kono said at a briefing broadcast by public broadcaster NHK following a meeting of Japan’s National Security Council. Japan’s Ministry of Defence said it had dispatched at least three military jets from bases in Japan to test for radiation.

Source

No where in that article does it state that they detected radiation . And you were correct in the first statement . So far Japan has based it on USGS readings.
Like I said , we will have to await final verdict

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
USGS edited the notes on the can't tell what type of explosion it was to

Possible explosion, located near the site where North Korea has detonated nuclear explosions in the past. If this event was an explosion, the USGS National Earthquake Information Center cannot determine its type, whether nuclear or any other possible type. The Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) is the sole organization in the federal government whose mission is to detect and report technical data from foreign nuclear explosions.

For what it's worth

It was:

Possible explosion, located near the site where North Korea has detonated nuclear explosions in the past. If this event was an explosion, the USGS National Earthquake Information Center cannot determine its type, whether nuclear or any other possible type.

In turn the AFTAC also updated their mission page

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Why is a lot of people not believing it happened ?

Wow pull your heads out your arses , with China and Russia as its neighbors, its in there interest to nuke the USA .

Its real BE REAL .

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Source

No where in that article does it state that they detected radiation . And you were correct in the first statement . So far Japan has based it on USGS readings.
Like I said , we will have to await final verdict

Oh I thought it did say they detected it, no?

Ok we will have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Nobody saying this, but still find strange the nearby spectro in China. It may be P-wave reflexions from transition zones.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor
a reply to: Denoli

Nobody saying this, but still find strange the nearby spectro in China. It may be P-wave reflexions from transition zones.

They are in the threads , and I don't think Kim Jon un has lied once yet so why not believe him ?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Everything he has said , he has done so far

edit on 3-9-2017 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
As much as I love the Winter Olympics, I think they should be cancelled in S Korea or fat Kim will use them as a way to make more threats with nobody really able to strike

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Bigburgh

Maybe that's the one I just posted. Said 8:30 pm, which I think is my time PST

I thought there was a way to look at the signatures to see if it's tectonic or nuclear ?

Edit: one descrepency your link to Fox says "The epicenter of the quake was estimated to be at 10 kilometers underground, the U.S. Geological Survey said."

The one I provided from USGS says no depth specified

I apologize for not answering back. Things are corrected now. And it's showing 0 depths. I went through this in another thread with changes. I was also following R SOE, while everyone else was using USGS for more accurate info.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
No worries. There were two . Second was a structural collapse. USGS was unusually slow at posting them as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: PistolPete

No it woupdnt guarantee norks safety. The usa will attack a nuke capable country. We have the means especially countries with a limited nuke manufacturing capability like north korea.

No we wouldn't.

Any kind of nuclear detonation in a population center would disrupt the world economy for years. It's all about wealth accumulation.

There's a reason we don't treat Pakistan like Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I wonder how precise are the reported events position. Event 2013-02-12 is reported about 300m from a visible drilling site on Google map.

The actual M6.3 event seem to be located on the side of a mountain, and there seem to be a road going there. Picture probably taken before site construction but road is there. Smaller event located higher near the top.

Would it be possible to detonate a small device at flank of mountain to magnify seismic event to make appear like a fusion device?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

You're thinking that the series of events in North Korea yesterday were "staged", like CNN does? Photo-op with Kim Jong inspecting a fake hydrogen bomb in the morning, followed by a strategically placed baby-nuke explosion later that day?
edit on 9/3/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Looks like Fox took down that second earthquake alert, wonder where they got that information?
That was scary and apparently fake news.

Perhaps there was a second one at 4.1

From USGS

M 4.1 Collapse - 22km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea
2017-09-03 03:38:31 UTC 41.350°N 129.030°E 0.0 km depth

One 8 minutes before it
M 6.3 Explosion - 22km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

Notes:
Seismic event collocated with the larger possible explosion 8 minutes and 32 seconds earlier. This significantly smaller event is likely a secondary feature (possibly a structural collapse) associated with the larger event.

Thanks.

I guess that would make sense, if the main blast had made a mountain unstable, and there was a huge landslide 8 minutes later. But to register as a 4.1, it certainly had to be a significant collapse.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

U.S. President Donald Trump, asked if he would attack the North, said, "We'll see."

Source

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

U.S. President Donald Trump, asked if he would attack the North, said, "We'll see."

Source

I think the last time he said "We'll see", it was about Steve Bannon possibly being let go.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join