It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patients End Up In Hospital After Putting Sunscreen On Their Eyeballs To Watch The Solar Eclipse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I thought I'd heard it all but this takes the cake! Yup there are real people, clueless people that sprayed sunscreen into their eyes thinking it would work the same as welders glass... The stupid in this article hurts!

Thousands of people across North America flocked outside on the afternoon of Monday, August 21, 2017 to witness the amazing natural phenomena that was the solar eclipse.

There are plenty of ways to safely view the solar eclipse that don’t lead to permanent eye damage.

However, using sunscreen on your eyeballs is not one of them and unfortunately some people missed the memo.

According to TIME, staring directly at the sun during a solar eclipse can lead to a condition called “eclipse blindness,” which results from burning your retina and can causes both temporary and permanent vision problems. .. (No! Really?)

So, the next time there is a solar eclipse in 2024, make sure to invest in some glasses and leave the sunscreen for your skin.
www.littlethings.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That can't be real......

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Was already posted, but it's still the funniest thing I've ever heard

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is absolute idiocy

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yep still funny

Tho maby one day sunglasses may be in eyedrop form

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Was it? Ok thanks. Just when you think people can't possibly be that stupid. And then this happens.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Just wait till 2024. More stupid will rear it's head.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You'll end up in the hospital putting Sunscreen on your eyeballs

what else was I suppose to do, I got significant eyeball proportions and those cheap cardboard glasses weren't substantial enough....

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, now we know who earned their Darwin Award last month.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm sure money could be made for the next SE in 2024 selling [ I Will Not Spray Suntan Lotion Onto My Eyeballs or Stare into the Eclipse ] masks for the low price of 29.99.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

There is no way this is real. I did see this as a Facebook meme going around. Your source doesn't give any sources for this information it merely states that time magazine thinks it's a bad idea to stare at the sun. An opinion that I share with them.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
From the SUN in England. There were no hospitals named, which makes the claim questionable.
There was only one name mentioned, that of a nurse. And her claim was not that she had encountered these people, but rather that one of her colleagues had told her this had happened.

So, unnamed hospital and the source was second hand at that. And who else but the SUN to report it.
And now that website has reprinted the tale and you have brought it to us.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If they were going to try to use sunscreen to protect their eyes, why wouldn't they just put it on sunglasses first, then put the sunglasses on?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It's real. I posted it a few days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Like I asked in the other thread, that doesn't work???

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...ha...HA!

If this story is true, f em. No one that stupid needs to be breathing anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Reverse psychology, it really does work!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

you're one of them aren't you!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Buhahaha best laugh ever, I didn't even use sunscreen. ROFL. I just put the glasses to camera lens. OMG Nothing happened to me when I looked right at it without glasses.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

There is no way this is real. I did see this as a Facebook meme going around. Your source doesn't give any sources for this information it merely states that time magazine thinks it's a bad idea to stare at the sun. An opinion that I share with them.

I hope honestly wish it was fake. But after reading this, my faith in humanity slid down a notch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join