It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The right to resist arrest and YOU!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HassenBinSobar

Scroll up.

ETA - since my comment is at the top of this page, you need to go back to the previous page. I answered it there.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I got one for you In order to get your rights to a trail and lawyer sometimes it will be nessery to resist arrest without violence .
Why because the arrest I am talking about denies you a trail and lawyer .

Really land o lies that is Americas true name .

All men are created = ( unless we are a slave ( which George owned )
All people have the right to a lawyer and trile ( unless we want to jail you without that .
You know was stuck in jail ( over a NON criminal issue ) Like 50,000 other people .
Would it shock you to know there are as many as 50,000 being held right now for months even years with NO charges even Filed ?

Anyway even though I already know i would get no lawyer I asked and guess what I got no lawyer lol )
Justice what a joke .

You have no rights the second a cop who had a fight with his wife pulls you over .

edit on 4-9-2017 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I've been pulled over on the way to work 4 times in the last year. One going 90 in a 55. Haven't gotten a ticket one time due to being polite, and I assume I have a good standing with the cops. I have had to call them while on my route many times for dogs, and once for a domestic abuse thing I saw happening. We have became friends I guess you could say.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

This is ATS, take the information and research it yourself.

Yea, about 80% of this website doesn't do this anymore. Everybody is caught in their feeling now days.

On topic:

Ok.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Most cops just want to do their 30 years, and collect a pension. But the trick is.... you have to survive all 30 years, or you won't get to enjoy any of that retirement.

If you took a 1% chance every day of dying, and worked 200 days this year, there is only a 13.6% chance you make it through the whole year alive. It's like Russian Roulette with 100 cylinder revolver, playing 200 times.

The odds you make it 30 years like that are worse than the odds of buying two Power Ball lottery tickets and winning both jackpots.

That's why cops get mad when you try to attack them.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

I've been pulled over on the way to work 4 times in the last year. One going 90 in a 55. Haven't gotten a ticket one time due to being polite, and I assume I have a good standing with the cops. I have had to call them while on my route many times for dogs, and once for a domestic abuse thing I saw happening. We have became friends I guess you could say.

Lol what..? You need slow the hell down in that Jag!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Wow! So much great information in your post.
I don't plan on doing anything to warrant an arrest, but the way cops these days, it doesn't take much to provoke them.
So thanks so much for this informationi!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

They signed up for the job, no one forced or made them.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Are you a police officer? Just curious..

What did you think of that cop who arrested the nurse?

I get what you're saying, but man did that dude ever deserve a beating &/or a swift kick in nuts.

"I said we're done!" what an idiot. I sure hope he loses his job.

God how I just loathe bullies.

Edit: that said, I wouldn't advocate resisting an unlawful arrest, but just be sure to get the officers name and badge number, and make certain that he or she is well aware that they are violating your rights and can also be held accountable by law. Might give them pause, if it's handled in the right way. This issue is one of authority.

They lose it when they violate people's rights, and they ought to be sued and prosecuted when it happens in a way that's blatant and unnecessarily abusive.

The idea that someone has the right and authority to bully and arrest someone, for no reason, just doesn't sit right with me. It's not part of their authority and makes of a police officer nothing but a petty bully.

"To serve and protect."

edit on 5-9-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Just because somebody may deserve it doesn't make it legal. Unfortunately, in some cases

I posted my opinion of that incident in the circle jerk of a thread about that incident, but in a nutshell the arrest was obviously over the line.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Since I didn't read the other thread and I didn't see it here, I have to ask. You are LEO yes? If you were standing there watching that cop act like that would you have done anything? Or would you have done exactly what all you "good cops" do, and stand there silent to the bad cop?

Sounds like more places need to be like my lil town. We keep our cops in check. Bad cops don't last here. Abusing their power here gets handled by the townfolk, not the other cops.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

Or would you have done exactly what all you "good cops" do, and stand there silent to the bad cop?

Pretty pointless to answer your question, wouldn't you say? Obviously you have your mind made up, so it doesn't really matter which way I answer it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Or would you have done exactly what all you "good cops" do, and stand there silent to the bad cop?

Pretty pointless to answer your question, wouldn't you say? Obviously you have your mind made up, so it doesn't really matter which way I answer it.

I think answering my question is very relevant to the situation, and goes straight to the point of why cops get away with such instances. If the other officer/s stood up and stopped this asshat we would all be having a different conversation. Except here we are yet again, talking about a cop abusing his perceived authority while other cops stand idly by allowing it. So, in a way you're right. My mind is already made up by the inaction of supposedly good cops.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

At least you're honest enough to own it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Not sure of you added this part or if someone else brought it up.

The lawfulness of an arrest is not a factor in resisting an arrest. If you are being arrested and you resist that arrest, and later its determined they had no grounds to make the arrest, the resisting arrest charge can and does remain.

The purpose behind that is to prevent a drumhead type situation roadside. The proper setting to argue an arrest is lawful or unlawful is a courtroom. When arresting someone law enforcement can use whats called a 1+ advantage. In laymens terms an officer can escalate his level of force to overcome the level of resistance being encountered.

Use the legal system for your disputes.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I figure if anybody, after the OP, is still going to try and resist with force then the notion to not do it on the side of the road probably wasn't going to resonate with them.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Xcathdra

I figure if anybody, after the OP, is still going to try and resist with force then the notion to not do it on the side of the road probably wasn't going to resonate with them.

Knowledge is power... Anything else and you go to jail tired and sore.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I wonder in the case of the nurse if someone would have told the Detective to stand down or he would be placed under citizen arrest for unlawful arrest, kidnapping and assault....

In any case one needs to have their ducks in a row, but it seems everyone is at the mercy of the cops even when they do something completely wrong or illegal.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Blaine91555

I recall the party days of the 70s when the guy in the back would act this way...hippies anyway..

Yeah, we were pretty bad. We were told we would ruin the world and ended up owning it. Next

I've always been amazed at how many people are so out of control that they can't even control themselves long enough to survive a simple traffic stop. So insecure they think cooperating is a sign of weakness rather than the sign of strength and control it actually is. So scared of their shadows they think that everyone and everything is out to get them, so they put on the fake show of how brave they are, not realizing the world is laughing at them.

Cooperating with LEO's just doing their jobs is far from rocket science. Anyone over the age of 10 should get it.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I wonder in the case of the nurse if someone would have told the Detective to stand down or he would be placed under citizen arrest for unlawful arrest, kidnapping and assault....

In any case one needs to have their ducks in a row, but it seems everyone is at the mercy of the cops even when they do something completely wrong or illegal.

Just so you are aware a Citizens arrest is something people get from tv. A Citizens arrest is dependent on state laws and some states do not allow it. I would check your state law to find out if a citizens arrest is legal and under what conditions it applies.

unlawful arrest - Check your state laws as almost all states dont allow a person to resist an arrest, whether lawful or not. The lawfulness of an arrest is decided by the courts and not in a fight roadside.

If you resist an arrest you can be charged with resisting an arrest. even if a court determines the arrest to be invalid, the resisting portion is its own charge and is not dependent on the lawfulness of an arrest.
edit on 5-9-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join