It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is actually known about warriors after death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Gryphon66

My LACK of knowledge of that pantheon hamstrings me here, is Shiva evil or what?
I KNOW she represents destruction ,however many occult sources acknowledge destruction is NOT evil but a function of the cycle.

Lord Krishna is not evil. As an incarnation or avatar of Shiva, he is seen as a perfect reflection of the Greater God or Being (as all deities are).

It doesn't really work exactly the same in Hinduism. Good and evil are more ... shades of gray ... Lord Shiva is destruction in the same way that an exhaled breath is destruction ... or a burning fire that warms you ... Shiva clears the way.

Incarnated as Krishna, however, he is seen as the god of love and compassion. There are similarities drawn between Krishna and Jesus Christ.

What I have always taken from the story is that being a warrior is what some are destined to be, and therefore, it is God's will that they be the best warriors they can be. One's destiny is greater than concerns about bringing death and destruction upon others, because that, in the greater scheme of things, is necessary.

Food for thought.

(EDIT: My apologies to anyone of the Hindu faith in the audience; this is merely my own understanding of the matter.)
edit on 2-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
all answers may be found here

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=22630010]FyreByrd[/pos

So any modern soldering is only a negative act?
Withholding one's martial skills is a given outside of war.

No, I don't believe that. I'm an Army Brat, in fact. We had similar discussions around the dinner table often (not afterlife questions) about the nature and usefullness of war. I think warriorship is a noble profession.

However, killing is wrong - in the absolute sense. But in everyday living, we kill many beings as a part of our own survival - warrior or not. And I do believe that 'war' maybe, occasionally justified to 'ease suffering'.

Historically war has been "Diplomacy by other Means". That phase mixed with "The Ends justify the Means" has led to the deep belief that "Might is Right". In order to convince the young that war is glorious and nobel, religious/nations have built up whole theologies of the sacred warrior. Mostly in the West - the idea being that you can 'get everything you want' by dying for .... your king, your country, your religion. In the East it's a bit more direct - you have no purpose but to do your duty - whatever your 'lord' requires of you.

There is an outer war and then there in the inner war. Seems to me that youive been through the first and are experiencing the second.

I recommend Marcus Aurelius and Sun Tzu.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: TerryDon79

Come on T, the OP's posted an earnest question and already knows it's speculative. He hasn't posted a far-fetched claim and is looking for a discussion about the future of soldiers. Will they have an after-life? It's an existential inquiry shared by millions every day.

A lot of vets have a never-ending inner dialogue with their consciences and so do active service men and women.

But there is no answer. That's the actually if it all. It's an age old question with a ton of different answers, depending on who, when and where you ask.

And I can see where the thread will end up going. There will be one group saying they're right and another saying their group is right. Maybe even a third group arguing there's nothing.

Meh. I'll leave the thread though. I've stated my opinion anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

No, I don't think there's a special place for you, just because you put on an uniform at some point in your life. But believe in justice, that should be enough.
You won't be blocked from entering immortality if you were a good soul and you won't be doomed just because you've been through hell during your lifetime. What matters is what decisions you actually make and made, including like I said, integrity and loyalty.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I never would call a killer like myself a hero and I don't think the adoration is define correctly at all but when the evils of the earth call (ACCORDING TO YOUR COUNTRY AND JESUS)SOMEONE'S ass has top go stop it.
America has been corrupted since the first coup when they killed Kennedy.
NO one is aware that you have right when you join service you have NO rights outside of UCMJ at all.
Most know they could fight ,combat arms troops KNOW the deal or the applicant has retardation.
If ONLY warfare didn't exist, as of now IT is the only way when liars rule us.
Guns are NOISY expensive and dangerous to us all,THAT'S why I mastered them,for those who won't.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Yes, you've stated your opinion and treated the OP like he'd posted a ridiculous claim. I know you're a decent guy and would challenge anyone who treated you likewise.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Acknowledged loud and clear. I am not saying his entire experience was bad. He still loves and cherishes his time in the service as it appears the good outweighed the bad. The people he met, the places he visited are the things he will discuss with fondness. I almost think he has accepted what happened and no longer thinks about it.

But I am a conspiracy nut. I have read things about US companies building up Germany before WWII, like Ford introducing the assembly line to further their industrial base. That and others like IBM. What if these conspiracies are true? That is what brings up great emotions for me personally. Warriors that are willing to defend something precious should be honored. People that will fight for what they believe in where others would tuck tail and run are made of something special. But that type of honor is used against us for nefarious causes.

What are our current rules of engagement? Do they favor our soldiers or are they meant to create the most damage possible with our soldiers paying the ultimate price?

I have nothing against righteous violence in defending our boarders or keeping our citizens safe. What we have now is a far cry from those ideals.

We need to take ourselves off of the chess board so we can no longer be used in these #*((@*&($#*&@ banker wars.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Funny you bring that up.
I read about a quote by Gandhi in school and I CAN say I have violence in my heart.(It was used on the film A-TEAM)
I just didn't think actually allowing it to exist outside of war is right so I kept it inside until I joined Combat arms "Right up front"
I did even fight in bars as a civilian because of my Karate training.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Can you hit a Rothchild?
WHO would?
WHO is capable of KILLING the senior conspirators?
Civilian laws prevent you,they have EXCELLENT armed security,better than our leaders can imagine.
WHAT would be the plea in court if caught ,since the effort has been underway since adam Weishaupt's first incarnation?
Near as I can tell ,aliens ,God or a world collapse are the only ways.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm afraid I am Nihilistic about self when I speak of my identity I haven't define "ME " anyway.
things happened, I can't stop angry. I made a decision.
The illness I have isn't from war it's from MY issues with others,war was to be a release.
I am asking, not JUST from my needs.
edit on 2-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

But that is the thing, we will never topple this system by fighting it. We will only topple this system by not valuing the things that they value. Dream land I know, but it is possible.

I haven't been a saint in this life. But I have certainly learned from my actions. I have observed how my actions affected others and through that observation, I learned karma. Maybe I have atoned for my sins and maybe I haven't. I don't really care, if I still need to pay for it, so be it. But one thing I have learned is to love both the good and the bad. That is what this reality is, a perfect combination of the good and the bad.

Some of the people I consider to be truly blessed are the ones that walk that long sinuous line between the yin & yang. If life were nothing but good, would we as souls ever grow? I do not regret the bad that has been done to me or that I have perpetuated, it has taught me so much about this reality. Do I try and walk the straight and narrow now? Hell yes.

What if this reality is a playground?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Regarding the Bhagavad Gita ...

It is commonly understood to represent a metaphysical battle in one's soul; not a depiction of a physical battle.

I just read the best definition of myth - "Something that never happened but is always happening." which is a paraphrase of:

“Now these things never happened, but always are.”

― Sallust, Concerning the Gods and the Universe

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I am a NASTY,dirty violent hall monitor then...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Not sure who it was going on about fighting for jesus the rabbi. A man of peace who would turn the other cheek. How can you fight for jesus? Surely that would send you to hell? He would not want any one fighting for him. It would be like f**king for virginity. Just does not make sense. I guess that Allah guy is the one you should be asking about, or his followers. They seem to like killing for their god. There again seeing as we are kafra, it is no good asking them as they are allowed to tell us lies. In fact most of the spirit in the sky gang tell nothing but lies as long as the can con you into donating or dying for their version of the spirit in the sky. I am happy to go to hell away from all them nutters. Guess I will freeze in hell as all the hot spot close to the fire will be taken up by priests rabbi`s imans and politicians.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

'Render unto CAESAR that which is Caesar's" :Jesus.
Caesar is NOW the US Government so I obey the laws...mostly.
LOOK pal if you know a sure way to go directly to the "Invisible college" away from it all,then GO for it.
Not sure we CAN get to hell without DIRECT intent ,we can't be fooled to get there and as the lies we are told are not easily seen they can CAUSE hellish acts but the the person acting may not know so is that person punished?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm afraid I am Nihilistic about self when I speak of my identity I haven't define "ME " anyway.
things happened, I can't stop angry. I made a decision.
The illness I have isn't from war it's from MY issues with others,war was to be a release.
I am asking, not JUST from my needs.

More clarity please:

1)

When you say that you are 'nihilistic' about self - do you mean your own personal self? Or Self in general and for everyone?

Do you mean a universal/cosmic/eternal self as separate from 'ego' (defined as conditioned thinking patterns) or self and ego as being the same thing.

2)

Please, if you are able, define your 'illness'? Anger - is that your illness? You'd hoped, perhaps, sanctioned violence would tame or calm the anger?

Anger towards others - which others? All others?

3)

"I'm asking..." what specifically? "...JUST not from my needs." - from whose needs then?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I am a NASTY,dirty violent hall monitor then...

So? Does that mean you can't change? What if you are blessed for the things you have experienced? What if the people you should feel sorry for are those that never learn to live?

I have no answers, just opinions that make me sense to me. I am 100% agnostic. I believe that there can be no knowledge of what comes before and after our time in this reality. I do believe we are eternal souls. Why would we take a plunge into this reality if there were going to be consequences that would permanently hinder our souls after our time in this existence ends?

If there were such consequences, don't you think they would be made known to us? If there is a god that has such high standards and will damn us for eternity, why don't they make their laws clear. I know a lot of people will respond with the OT & NT. Bull#&$

If those are the rules of a god, then I don't really want to go where they are after my time here is complete. I will go to the other place thank you very much.

Create your own reality. I did. I follow the rules of karma not for any consequences or benefits of the afterlife but because I can observe it in the here and now. I simply wish to be content and sleep well at night. Completely selfish. You will never convince me there is anything wrong with that. I don't lie. I don't steal. I trying and treat others with kindness and respect. But it is completely for selfish reasons.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: illuminnaughty
Not sure who it was going on about fighting for jesus the rabbi. A man of peace who would turn the other cheek. How can you fight for jesus? Surely that would send you to hell? He would not want any one fighting for him. It would be like f**king for virginity. Just does not make sense. I guess that Allah guy is the one you should be asking about, or his followers. They seem to like killing for their god. There again seeing as we are kafra, it is no good asking them as they are allowed to tell us lies. In fact most of the spirit in the sky gang tell nothing but lies as long as the can con you into donating or dying for their version of the spirit in the sky. I am happy to go to hell away from all them nutters. Guess I will freeze in hell as all the hot spot close to the fire will be taken up by priests rabbi`s imans and politicians.

Reread that post again. Adding words to that post is on you. I just made contact and communicated what was said on the other side. The originating posts asks a question. I channeled. What exactly was said in the channeling, is written.

The OP can channel himself and post back the results.

You can channel and post back the results.

As a matter of fact, that is what those who are coming here need to read. It would be great if everyone gave an honest attempt to channel. Then we can get to the meat of the issue and finally really help our deceased veterans, or those veterans thinking about killing themselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Same is actually known about anything else after death, absolutely nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join