It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is actually known about warriors after death?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I know the new age HATES warriors apparently,yet without a defense of any kind anything that stands above any others couldn't be organized at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
We hear ALL about the entities who are comforting and the afterlife is pitched like a school for the human souls and idyllic.
ALIENS have a military, so GONE is the "Too advanced for violence" theory.
WHAT is known about out there concerning those who fight?
"SERVICE to others" type warriors,please...

-automatic writing-

Is there any entity in what is known as the after-life for humans that is willing to communicate with me about men and women who have used weapons to protect other men and women from harm who have died in the battle on the terms I and my living loved ones are sheltered in the arms of Jesus and are solely under Jesus' s protection while I communicate with you?

"Yes. There are many who will."

If I read you what this person here is asking will you try your best to answer it?

"I will."

"I can."

"There are plenty of us who will."

Ok. Thank you. But after hearing you all, there are so many who want to be heard, I'm not going to read what the question another is asking yet, because my heart wants to ask you this question first. And please, one at a time, so I can hear. Here it is...are you all ok? How are you all doing?

"It's hard here." Trying to get out. "Break us out of here." "Hurry up." "Waiting."

Ok. Thank you, many responses. Are any of you in pain?

"I'm not." "No pain here." "None of us are in pain here."

Ok. Thank you. What battles did you fight in and die in?

"We fought for Christ. We fought for Christ. We fight only for Christ." (Said in unison.)

Ok. Thank you. Can I read this person's question now? Is it ok?

"Yes." "Please."

-now reading it-

"We are in the hands and feet of the body of our Lord Jesus Christ." "We have come to help you to move the body." "We are the armour of God." "Be well." "Rest easy. "

Wow. Ok. Wow. Thank you. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me.

"We love you." (My real name is said.) "Thank you". "No fear." "Praise God." "Thank you Jesus."

I can hear drum/marching type music but it's distant.

-end-

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

And I agree 100%. But there is a huge difference in defense and offense. Maybe the definition of 'warrior' could be refined in this context?

Even though I fully believe in karma, if someone is threatening me or the ones I love, consequences be damned. But that would have to be strictly for protection and not offensive maneuvers or revenge.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79 wrong, he's after opinions of people who have either experienced or have an idea of what's after death for warriors. The best response would be for people who have been Warriors who have had near-death experiences that would be closest to what I think he's asking for. Your b******* doesn't help any discussion as all it is is being contrarian.

Probably because your feelings can't stand the idea that you might be wrong about the afterlife. Lol

Jaden

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Aww. Did my post trigger you?

As for not knowing? No one truly knows. It's all speculation. I could say that, after we die we turn into unicorn poo with sweet corn bits and it would be just as valid as heaven, hell, Valhalla and reincarnation.

But I'll wait until I'm dead to find out what actually happens.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Thank you.
I often wonder WHY none does this for vets .
Many veterans take their own lives thinking they are cursed by all for ANY killing,I mean those who die in honor by the way as one would apply to our given nationstate.
I am aware of the ones who like death and killing I can but hope God has mercy for such an illness...MY illness was to fight and win...even IF for liars on a planet run by Satan...
edit on 2-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I get where you're coming from and a lot of people see it the same way. Killing someone is bad etc.

Another way of looking at it is how tens of thousands of men have made profound sacrifices in battles and conflicts. They've fought for causes that were noble and many of them died doing so. Others have come home and kept silent about what they've seen and experienced as a kindness to their families. They live with PTSD (shell shock in the war years) and don't really need the criticism of others.

Most wars through time could have been avoided and I'm not glamorising them. It's always worth appreciating that every man and woman who's fought in wars was an individual in their right.

The controllers of any afterlife should have more appreciation and mercy for soldiers than those who lead us into wars.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I have 2 dead friends who I couldn't save ,because they too thought themselves bound for only hell.
NOT to mention the latest social movements efforts to kill them too.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The Norse mythos is a great example. Brave and worthy warriors are chosen by the Valkyries for Odin's army upon their death.

They are taken to Valhalla where every day is spent in battle, with everyone raised again in the evening for feasting and drinking.

Preparing to fight for Odin and the Aesyr and Vanir at Ragnarok.
edit on 2-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
We hear ALL about the entities who are comforting and the afterlife is pitched like a school for the human souls and idyllic.
ALIENS have a military, so GONE is the "Too advanced for violence" theory.
WHAT is known about out there concerning those who fight?
"SERVICE to others" type warriors,please...

Could you clarify a bit.

What 'warrior' afterlife stories are 'you' hearing?

How would you define lidyliic? or is THAT your question?

And are you asking if 'INTENT' makes a difference on your ultimate disposition?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Come on T, the OP's posted an earnest question and already knows it's speculative. He hasn't posted a far-fetched claim and is looking for a discussion about the future of soldiers. Will they have an after-life? It's an existential inquiry shared by millions every day.

A lot of vets have a never-ending inner dialogue with their consciences and so do active service men and women.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

In a karmic context - a 'warrior' or any person can act violently and kill to reduce suffering in others; however while that act has merit, they will still have to balance the karma of the violent act in this or future lives. The merit comes not from the intent of the act but from the willingness to 'act unskillfully' for the benefit of others full well knowing that you - and you alone, will still have to live with and experience that act(s) of violence.

In a more christian context:

You kill to protect your child. You do it with the full knowledge that you will be damned for all eternity. You protect your child anyway.

It's, IMO, the sacrifice of SELF for others that is noble but only if it is a true sacrifice. There is no 'get out of jail' card. You do the sin, you do the time, so to speak.
edit on 2-9-2017 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22630010]FyreByrd[/pos

So any modern soldering is only a negative act?
Withholding one's martial skills is a given outside of war.
edit on 2-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Attention Please -

Please stick to the topic in the OP.
"What is actually known about warriors after death?"

Thanks and do not reply to this post.

link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I developed my views at a very young age, by watching my father who is a Vietnam vet. When I was young, I tried to play hide and seek with him, jumping out from behind the couch. I quickly leaned to never do that again. Then I started to learn about the constant nightmares he has experienced and still experiences to this day. When I got old enough, I found the letters from him to my mom while he was stationed overseas. Fricken terrifying and I understood why he never discusses his time there. I still hear stories from my siblings of when he got back, he would duck under the dash of the car anytime a loud noise happened, like a simple backfire or a coconut falling on a metal roof.

Off topic....

Are wars really noble? Especially the ones that we have been in? I firmly believe that all wars are banker wars. There was no need for the USA to be in these.

Even today, what is the point of our involvement overseas? Is it righteous or just?

Is our government honest with new recruits on what the mental consequences will be by going into these theaters of destruction?

It just saddens me to see the ra ra for anything military. I can understand the opportunities that are afforded those of low means that the military provides for material advancement. But there has to be another way.

link   

Also, you might consider the Hindu Bhagavad Gita ... basically a dialogue between the Lord Krishna and the Prince Arjuna regarding the Prince's responsibility (karma) as a warrior to fight the battles that his duties require him to fight, thus working out his destiny (dharma) and fulfilling his place in the great Order of things.

This is an example of what Krishna tells Arjuna (from Chapter 2):

You grieve for those who should not be grieved for;
yet you speak wise words.

Neither for the dead nor those not dead do the wise grieve.
Never was there a time when I did not exist
nor you nor these lords of men.

Neither will there be a time when we shall not exist;
we all exist from now on.

As the soul experiences in this body
childhood, youth, and old age,
so also it acquires another body;
the sage in this is not deluded.

Bhagavad Gita in English
edit on 2-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Since this seems seriously bothering you, try to look at it like this:
They were good people, none of them was really responsible for the circumstances they served under and warrior is a service, at least when you subscribe to it, you do it for honourable reasons. There is naturally a certain cruelty that enters your soul or develops in time in you, but that doesn't chage the fact that you are not responsible for the ones ordering you to be there and kill in their name. In their name.
I know of no one who really benefits from being a "warrior". You almost always suffer if you come back home. There's justice. The collective soul, god, whatever name you want to give it, knows the sacrifices, the intentions, the circumstances and all of that matters. The higher up the rank you go the more responsibility you carry. But loyalty matters, integrity matters, you won't get punished for being lied to, or betrayed.
Don't beat yourself up over this, if you pray for them, cry with them and it will be fine. During life the sh1t floats downwards, after death it reverses direction.
Even if under those extreme circumstances there grew a certain joy out of the cruelty, you and they don't and won't carry the heavy load. You didn't start the war, you didn't benefit and they paid the ultimate price for parrticipation. It will be okay.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

My LACK of knowledge of that pantheon hamstrings me here, is Shiva evil or what?
I KNOW she represents destruction ,however many occult sources acknowledge destruction is NOT evil but a function of the cycle.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It bothers all combat vets.
We have our slogan ,like Fiddler's green and I DO suppose some may buy it enough to believe.
But Wiccans and psychics don't seem to speak a very clear message on their situations.
OR they default to the Christian pantheon

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Fricken terrifying and I understood why he never discusses his time there.

^^^ This is the only reason I made that post. We don't know the experiences of vets who post on ATS. Your father might wonder what waits in an afterlife too.

Are wars really noble? Especially the ones that we have been in? I firmly believe that all wars are banker wars. There was no need for the USA to be in these.

I blame wars on people and human nature. Fighting Nazi Germany and Stalin's Russia was as near to 'noble' as war can get if we weigh up the alternatives.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join