It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1936 chevy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In my phone while riding in car so forgive me.
We have a 1936 Chevy 4 door from father in laws estate. I have been tasked to get it running so we can sell it.
No battery in it. I assume a 6 volt. I see online the battery goes under the front passenger seat.

Anybody a genius on these old cars?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
In my phone while riding in car so forgive me.
We have a 1936 Chevy 4 door from father in laws estate. I have been tasked to get it running so we can sell it.
No battery in it. I assume a 6 volt. I see online the battery goes under the front passenger seat.

Anybody a genius on these old cars?

Nope,

If I was looking for assistance I would head to the "RoadKill" facebook page, not on Facebook but I watch Road kill on YouTube and it seems like the "crowd" often go out of their way to assist people..

RA

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07
Wow, thats a nice find if your actually considering getting it running! Please a picture pretty please! Maybe you will allow me to purchase a piece of it??? Like the chevy logo if its original and has not been refurbed or worked on before. In fact you should have a local mechanic you trust give it a once over for like $30 for his time. Depending on whether you need mroe than just the battery or not, you can weigh whether it makes sense to part it out to collectors who are restoring their own works.

A picture would be just ever so lovely!

Also, you may find some great leads on Classic Car Club of America community forums. Link up with some of those folks, and you'll know exactly what your dealing with.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I dono if id be able to sell that after i got it running lol

Before u toss a battery in it check if the engin is seized and check the oil for water

Pull out a volt meter and start checking for any shorts before u connect a battery ... thats a mistake that can be hard to undo

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here is an informative forum post from another forum with a checklist of things to do before you attempt to start your "new" car.

Starting a long-parked Chevy

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Sometimes the car doesn't need to be running to be sellable, there are auto collectors who might buy it, restore it, and sell it-try googling the model to get an estimate of the price.

If you want to get it up and running be prepared for a lot of time and money, some muscle cars take months to restore and can cost 50k let alone a '36 chev, parts will need to be fabricated etc so it might be a better idea to find a dealer who will buy it and let them do the hard work.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If it has not been operational for awhile, you need to forget trying if you have zero skills in mechanics. Having ask about the location of the battery means the task is beyond what you should be tackling. You are asking for a world of frustration. Sell the thing as is. The dollar difference in sales between it running and not running for this old car is not worth your efforts.

An old '36 Chevy coupe my brother and I had at one time had a wooden frame for the body. That doomed it to become a hog house.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
An online manual for 35/36 chevy.
chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You don't have to fix it to sell it. If its worth anything, somebody will buy it. Just get it listed (of course after you find out the proper price).

If you watch some of these restoration shows, its incredible what they do with these rust buckets. If its a desirable car, somebody will pay top dollar.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
here is the car.

Thanks for all the links to information.

It is in fantastic shape.

new topics

top topics

join