It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please, Please Microchip your pets.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
With all the scenes we have been inundated with about Hurricane Harvey, What makes me cry the most is the pictures and stories about the animals.

We take these animals in as companion pets, we feed them, shelter them. And we love them.

And they give that love back. Unconditionally.

Approximately 6.5 million companion animals enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year.

1.5 million are euthanized each year.
www.aspca.org...

Please, get your pet microchipped.

www.petfinder.com...

With Irma looming out in the Atlantic, and possibly hitting the coasts of the U.S., there will be thousands of more pets lost.

When you are preparing for an emergency, Please don't forget the safely of your pets.

edit on 2-9-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My goldfish has an iPhone 6, so I think we're good.

Also, isn't this against T&C's mods?

Could have sworn were not allowed to advertise on here.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm sorry if I posted something I wasn't supposed to.

I will check with a MOD

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Don't forget to keep your registered address up to date as well. A family had their pedigree cat microchipped, but they didn't update the address. So when thelittle fellow got lost after moving house, the animal sanctuary tried to contact the owner from the old details, couldn't find anyone, put the little critter up for adoption. Then the owners find that their pet had been at the animal sanctuary and want the critter back. But the animal sanctuary won't tell them who the new owner is. They found out anyway, but the new owner won't hand the cat back because a sale is a sale.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Good point.

People can be such @icks

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think it's cruel to keep pets đź‘Ť

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Chipped.

And chipped

Good advice, thanks for the reminder.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah, right. Then they can be tracked....by Frank.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

only 1.5 million?
You mean we euthanize/abort far more human babies than we do animals every year?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I think it's cruel to keep pets đź‘Ť

Too bad you think that way as it's a bit shortsighted.

Like any relationship their are good and bad families but a pet in a loving household is well caired for and is the farthest thing from cruel...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I think this falls under PSA. Cripple isn't advertising for a specific company, just giving good advise.

As for chipping, I used to run the kennel for an animal shelter. Once a year we would hold a public event where anyone could come, wether they got their pet from us or not, and get their dogs and cats chipped for free, as well as free rabies vaccinations, and low cost parvo/distemper/Lymes vaccinations.

Before hurricane Sandy we did free chipping for anyone that came in, for this exact reason. So anyone considering it, get in touch with your local shelter, they may do it low cost, or for free.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
But if we all microchip our pets, than all dogs won't go to heaven, and the pet cemetary will be the undead animals doing Satans bidding??

I say, serve you animal better by bringing them to the afterlife with you, or allowing them to wait for your arrival! Say no to the Devil's mark today!

Egyptians are exempt, their animals can come and go freely.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDpvc

I think this falls under PSA. Cripple isn't advertising for a specific company, just giving good advise.

I believe its Crappie and not Cripple but must admit that I had an embarrassing laugh reading that.

As a veterinary myself, I cannot underline enough the importance of having your dog/cat or any other type of domestic pet/animal implanted with an ID transponder in order to make things easier when tracing owners.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 2-9-2017 by Lagomorphe because: I should stay off the Rose tonight methinks!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

As for chipping, I used to run the kennel for an animal shelter. Once a year we would hold a public event where anyone could come, wether they got their pet from us or not, and get their dogs and cats chipped for free, as well as free rabies vaccinations, and low cost parvo/distemper/Lymes vaccinations.

Before hurricane Sandy we did free chipping for anyone that came in, for this exact reason. So anyone considering it, get in touch with your local shelter, they may do it low cost, or for free.

MDpvc,

Thank you for posting.

I must admit I got a giggle out the "Cripple" too

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Lol. Lag

Well, it's too early here, but maybe later.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

My pets told me they don't want to be tracked by the guberment. They're rats...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Beautiful animals stosh. They look well taken care of.

This one makes me cry.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If you are complete with your pet, you may want to pursue a chipping situation.

HOWEVER! Those that are NOT into being what it takes to own, care for, and see these animals for what they are.....companions, hello!! Chipping isn't right for you.

You become liable.....and it gets ULTRA expensive as you disregard your pet responsibility.

Just saying, NOTHING is without complicity ...(or as these organizations would m me you to believe...).

Especially dealing with "organizations".

Take pet ownership seriously.

No need to chip your pet.....just do what's right.

edit on E30America/ChicagoSat, 02 Sep 2017 13:51:19 -05009pmSaturdaynd01pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

But the cats still allow us to exist so they aint totally heartless.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe

Autocorrect, it'll always figure out a way to get you.

Eta: this guy is chipped!

edit on 9 2 2017 by MDpvc because: Add

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join