It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Try to Rig Elections to Target San Diego, Last CA GOP Stronghold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
California Democrats trying hard to change the way people vote.

This time it's a state bill that seems to target the San Diego area which is supposedly a Republican stronghold.

Something about trying to get more Democrat votes for local elections because of the voting "Date".

They never stop wasting things do they. It's always the little tricks that count.

WARNING: heavily sided opinion article and not necessarily the opinion of many other opinions.

Democr ats Try to Rig Elections to Target San Diego, Last CA GOP Stronghold

California Democrats are trying to rig another set of elections, pushing a bill that will tilt elections in favor of Democrats in San Diego, the last bastion of Republican dominance in Southern California.

The San Diego Union Tribune reports:

The bill by Assemblyman Todd Gloria, D-San Diego, would allow for a charter amendment that would require races for county offices to be determined in the November general election, regardless of the results in the June primary. The bill only applies to San Diego County.

Currently, politicians can be elected into those offices if they receive more than 50 percent of the vote in the primary. But if the charter is amended as authorized by Gloria’s bill, the top-two candidates in the primary will face each other in the November general election regardless of the primary outcome.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds good to me. I often skip voting in local primaries.

If top two end up in general ballot, then I only have to research two candidates instead of many.

Local county elections aren't very exciting unless some county project is being grossly mismanaged. Then it's a "dump the incumbents" election.

They never stop wasting things do they. It's always the little tricks that count.

I'm sure Breitbart would approve of millions of angry e-mails and tweets be generated over this. Little tricks count!

edit on 2-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So they voted on changing the election from whoever ever wins 50% of the primary to the top two candidates moving on to a general election and Breitbart calls it rigging? The same Breitbart that claims Trump is under a coup in the White House?

The same people that vote in the primary can vote in the general election right? Oh but more people vote in the general and when more people vote it tends to mean Democrats win. So who's the true silent majority then? No wonder the big boogey man of illegal and dead voters. Strange how many of the billions of cases of voter fraud tend to be GOP votes...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
double

edit on 30America/ChicagoSat, 02 Sep 2017 12:36:12 -0500Sat, 02 Sep 2017 12:36:12 -050017092017-09-02T12:36:12-05:001200000036 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Republicans and Democrats are ALWAYS tryihng hard to change the way people vote.

This time it's a state bill that seems to target the San Diego area which is supposedly a Republican stronghold.

No, there is no ''seems'' about it. It is written ''specifically'' for San Diego County

Something about trying to get more Democrat votes for local elections because of the voting "Date".

''Something''? Something? Did you not read your own link so that you might offer more than just ''something''? Maybe you were not studying your information, just kind of ''skimming it.
"Date". What do you mean by 'voting ''Date''. How would changing the date effect the election?

Wasting things? What ''things' are they wasting.

WARNING: heavily sided opinion article and not necessarily the opinion of many other opinions.

Gee, this sounds just......like......your.......daily......one sided news reports.

Here, let me break it down for you as I read from your link. As it stands now, a person who receives more than 50% of the primary votes for any county seat in the primaries, will be elected.
The bill wants to change that by making the two highest primary vote getters run again against one another in the general elections in November.

See? It's simple.

So, just how does this action, this bill, benefit Democrats only? Why would it not benefit Republicans just the same? How is it a partisan bill?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No means it's easier for them to sneak all the illegals in when there's more people voting

Jaden

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

No means it's easier for them to sneak all the illegals in when there's more people voting

Jaden

If the same people get to vote in the primaries that get to vote in the ''general election'' how does your answer make any sense at all. If those who you call illegals vote in the general elections, can they not also vote in the primaries?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Like I said... the big boogey man.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think illegal voters are only available in November.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Meh, its California, 'One Party, One State" and no place for Republicans.
I am neither Republican or Democrat......I am therefore disenfranchised, along with millions of others held hostage to fortune.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Actually it's no place for many people. In fact I know minorities here in LA who hated both the Republicans and the Democrats due to them being responsible for screwing them over and because of this saw them as white supremacist parties. Many of them believe they are nothing but frauds and they themselves are liberal leaning.
edit on 9/2/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Did you read the article...

All they are doing is moving the down ballot races to the same day as the presidential election....

So more people will vote...

Why does the GOP think more people voting hurts them??

Hmmm....

At least this is only a half lie, rather than your last 2 blantantly fake ones....

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
F gerrymandering.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You should look at the OP's thread history..

It's a who's who of fake stories and right wing propaganda....

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Great, so now, they are radicalized along racial lines. I'd have thought there were enough non-whites in Cali they could take over the Democrat party and kick out any remaining whites from leadership positions in the party.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That's not rigging anything for Democrats.

More like it actually gives the runner up in the Primary voting a second chance to win it. Which could from any party. There is nothing there which makes this rigging anything for Democrats.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I would agree, but they are making it so it only applies to the place Republicans win. Where Democrats win early they want to keep it the same.

Make it universal and it's fair.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Where Democrats win early they want to prevent the runner up getting a chance. Where Democrats are the runner up they want to give the runner up another chance.

That's what the article says. I do not vouch for the veracity of the article, only what they claim, which if true, is suspicious.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mOjOm

Where Democrats win early they want to prevent the runner up getting a chance. Where Democrats are the runner up they want to give the runner up another chance.

That's what the article says. I do not vouch for the veracity of the article, only what they claim, which if true, is suspicious.

What you just described would in fact be cheating. However I don't see where it says that at all.

It clearly states that regardless of who wins the in the Primary both Primary winners then go to the general election where there is another vote which chooses the winner.

I didn't see anywhere where it says that the Dems are able to win on the Primary. The winner must win the general for someone to win.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Chinese propaganda at it again. San Diego has been veering over to the left for quite some time and there is nothing the right wing cultists can do about it.

originally posted by: xuenchen

Democr ats Try to Rig Elections to Target San Diego, Last CA GOP Stronghold

California Democrats are trying to rig another set of elections, pushing a bill that will tilt elections in favor of Democrats in San Diego, the last bastion of Republican dominance in Southern California.

The San Diego Union Tribune reports:

The bill by Assemblyman Todd Gloria, D-San Diego, would allow for a charter amendment that would require races for county offices to be determined in the November general election, regardless of the results in the June primary. The bill only applies to San Diego County.

Currently, politicians can be elected into those offices if they receive more than 50 percent of the vote in the primary. But if the charter is amended as authorized by Gloria’s bill, the top-two candidates in the primary will face each other in the November general election regardless of the primary outcome.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join