It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think the Internet will be like 10 years from now?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: AMPTAH

From what i've read online there already is, that is, an alternative internet.

What we need is a police force with balls to stop it.

We don't need numerous Nets, just one. Anymore than that is a waste.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I imagine there will be a new challenger to youtube by then. Twitter also is at risk of gaining competition. Facebook...will probably still be here simply because they got a bajillion $ to buy out any real competition

Otherwise, it will be as it is. even 20 years. after that, things may change with refined AR

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I foresee a much restricted/censored tiers of access internet

for the common-core educated serfs there will be social media & ADs
for the vetted people with a required security clearance there might be blogs and certified MSM sites loaded with ADs
for the middle managers of a wide scope of the octopus- technocracy there might even be Alt news available
for the upper caste elites & divisional supervisors there will be plenty of Psy-Ops committees to participate in for controlling & culling the minions

the future internet for masses will be a control & training tool which runs an AI program to spot or profile potential domestic anarchists....
the rest of the digital world will be devoted to creating cyber coins for both currency and commodity trade in a block-chain type of DNA analog structure..... which the Prince of this world will endorse & cause to be created as the Global medium of exchange,

hint... -->( PBUH )

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Ummm...why...we'll have completely revamped it...we'll even call it the outernet...

However...ironically the entangled lifi connections will all terminate internally in various implant adjuncts...

Until...all...have been assimilated...

YouSir
edit on 2-9-2017 by YouSir because: I have been assimilated...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The internet is like an iceburg in the ocean. The vast majority of humans will ever only see that 1/10 of a percent that is exposed up top. All the freedom is technically still around,, just in different communities. As online became mainstream, some respectable communities began to adopt higher standards of communication. I remember reading an article possibly on either wired, popsci, or popmech some years back, maybe '07-11 timeline; describing how the internet in the near term, like today, will become clustered in a low number of communities and a handful of retail.

Ten years I think its going to be more mixed. As the global community of the rising eastern nations go through their own versions of dot-com, s&l, or mortgage crisis type economic renaissances and apocalypses the population of those languages will be noticed. You will see it already in social media, and the next step will be on news pages. It would not surprise me if language preference is the first prompt on all internet pages by ten years time! Not to forget to white-list those cookies to save yourself the hassle obviously

I would rather be prompted each and every time. After all, I may be in a mood to read a different language some days or another.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

The future internet for masses will be a control & training tool which runs an AI program to spot or profile potential domestic anarchists....

Absolutely correct about the AI -- but this AI will be doing more than profiling domestic terrorists. It will be doing EVERYTHING associated with gathering information and knowledge, to shape us as a society --

To what end? Well -- to whatever end the AI decides is "best" for -- itself.

That will probably mean more "required" internet, more control, less privacy, less variation, less freedom to choose or decide things.

People will find contentment in this new form of life, mostly. The outliers, if they make a fuss, will perish.

Grim prognosis, but I bet I am absolutely correct here...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
It would not surprise me if language preference is the first prompt on all internet pages by ten years time! Not to forget to white-list those cookies to save yourself the hassle obviously
I would rather be prompted each and every time. After all, I may be in a mood to read a different language some days or another.

I like this idea, and it makes me think.

I wonder if language translation won't have reached a point that the various difference in languages are totally wiped out -- everything is translated into a common (perhaps barely understandable) neutral language, and everything is fed to the end user base on their speaking language. So there will be one common and identical set of data that is fed to everyone, irrespective of the language they speak. Any news, user comments, user opinions will be available to all languages.

In other words, there won't be any need to read a different language -- it will be the same data for all languages. Just use your most comfortable language.

Real-time language "communicators" are just around the corner, substantially like what we first saw in Star Trek. It is actually here right now, but not completely refined yet --

I see an age where two people can be close friends, even get married, and can only communicate via their internet capable translators -- neither one can talk directly to the other!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In 10 years IPV/6 may finally pretty much of won the war but still we'll need 4/6 gateways and as such we the techies will probably be looking at the specs for IP v/7 or 8 or whatever they call it going "thats gonna take some time to sort out" and when you look for stuff that can handle it virtually freeze when you see the ticket price.

as for services i'd say FB will probably still be around but some new boy will be setting up shop aka thing myspace, twitter will probably be around just not as popular due to it not causing as much drama.

The main thing will be AI and it providing your personal assistant so it knows all your travel arrangements and can sort it all out by it self just needing your thumb print to give it the power and if you fancy a world tour it can arrange it all from you stepping out of your door to returning 6 months later and you'll of had pretty much zero hassle other than picking what to have for lunch that day.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

I imagine the internet that most use will look a lot more like a cable subscription, (complete with guides and previews). It is already looking a lot like that using apps available on Roku, Firestick, etc. The internet as a whole will probably look quite similar to what it is currently but with a greater need for special tools to get to the less 'refined' sites with higher quality information, (4chan, ats, theblackvault, etc.)

Of course with all things considered, we probably won't have to worry about it due to the machine takeover.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The way things are going the net won't exist in ten years. It's kind of hard to keep the net up and running after a nuclear holocaust.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Internet Of Things IOL will definitely be the new internet, seems inevitable.
I fear one change for the worse will be permanent watermark logos from Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut that will remain on screen at all times. I hate that sh#*t!

Speculatively, I think most will be wearing googly glasses of some type and screens will become less prominent. I suspect some type of censoring will be in place to prevent disruption of the IOT because it will be so intrinsically ties to everything, making it a sensitive arena for communication of all sorts.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Painterz

You mean you miss when crowds of bullies could level endless death threats and rape threats against vulnerable women, driving them into depression and in some cases suicide?

Do I mean that ?
That's the kind of bogus argument the PC crowd have used to get us to the point we are now , death threats are not free speech they are against the law and prosecutable online or off and rightly so , offending peoples sensibilities is not the same thing.

I don't mean to be rude, but when I hear people in my very liberal circles talking about trying to block particular types of speech on the internet, what they are talking about is these very extreme forms of hatespeech. THe really ugly awful stuff.

But then other people assume they want to ban everything objectionable and everybody has to be nice to everybody. But that's really not the case. It's really just the hate speech and bullying that is being targetted as problematic.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The IoT (Internet of Things) will be huge. The average household will have 30 ipv6 addresses actively connected at all times, and people will have no idea whatsoever what kind of data is really being reported by these devices. Hackers will discover myriad ways to spy on other people using wired devices, and a slew of television reality series and "Best Home Videos" based on IoT-ased remote exploits, recorded by the victims or perpetrators, will have their own show: "America's Funniest Remote Home Appliance Hacks", or "Manitoba's Best IoT Blackmail Scams", like the one that uses a hidden feature to record the genetic material contacted by a sex toy and report any unexpected results back to a spouse or girlfriend, surreptitiously.

Such will be the stuff of lowbrow entertainment. All entertainment will be wired, and all of our responses to it, will be recorded and analyzed by artificial intelligence, some of it operating locally and surreptitiously in the devices we own. AI algorithms and low-power, high-speed computing power will be so compact, and so efficient, that "Minority Report"-like intercessions at the judicial and executive level will be more and more commonplace.

I could go on for many more paragraphs but you get the picture.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Free speech is the essence of democracy , when you start chipping away at free speech you are undermining democracy and risking tyranny.

Political correctness is a 21st century disease that could prove fatal to our freedom of expression.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sorry but someone lied to you. "Free speech" isn't the essence of democracy; "one adult citizen per vote" is the essence of democracy. Even things like "no taxation without representation" are more integral parts of democracy, even though that's not 100% true because minors, tourists, and felons may have to pay local & state taxes without being able to vote for their legislative representatives.

Libel, slander, threats, spying & reporting what you found, leaking classified information, etc are all accepted limitations of "free speech". There are plenty of other limits in democratic countries, like it being illegal to deny the Holocaust in some European countries; illegal to "to insult foreign heads of state publicly" in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and Poland (HERE); etc. Yet coincidentally, "hate speech" is always the "free speech" limitation that gets people hot & bothered.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

What point democracy when you don't have freedom of expression.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah, I totally forgot that a lot of tourists entering here already have to go through that. I think we even refuse entry of anyone with certain types of crimes on their record. I know that Saudi Arabia can deny entry for anyone who's insulted the kingdom on social media & I think Israel has entry denial for some category related to the Palestinian situation.

Being forced to use real IDs might be good on social media to prevent bullying & sexual harassment, but it would be horrible for overall online surfing. To me, it would almost be the equivalent of countries requiring drug tests for visa applicants. Sure those countries may have harsh drug laws, but is it fair to prosecute people for something they did outside of the country and before they even decided to go to the country? Because many drugs that are perfectly legal here (like alcohol & prescription opiates) are illegal elsewhere. And if their metabolites stay in the body long enough to be detected by the visa-related drug test, that's the same as guilt, right?

I worry about stuff like this because I love to research controversial groups, opposition groups, rebel groups, and the such. I basically become fascinated with knowing both the shadows and light of subjects until I learn enough to form a semi-educated opinion of them. I won't pretend that my research is perfect & I admit that my biases can skew affect my conclusions. But I still need to research both the conspiracies and the official stories to get a better idea of what's going on since I don't believe either side is completely accurate.

That may sound nice & scholarly, but it's also the same thing as heresy (in some fields) and nearly treason in others. I think real IDS would ultimately be used to stifle research, leaving official stories and coverups to be the only allowable topics of conversations. That's something I just couldn't go along with.

Oh, I mentioned COINTELPRO not too long ago HERE, though it was just in passing. I guess it just goes to show that people have accepted ultra surveillance & shady/illegal govt tactics against fellow citizens.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Democracy involves citizens being able to vote on the govt decisions that affect you. A representative democracy involves citizens being able to vote for the people who will vote on the govt decisions that affect you. The only "freedom of expression" involved in either of those is the citizen's freedom to express his/her desires by voting for the ballot measure or representative of his/her choice.

"Freedom of speech" does not mean "freedom from the consequences of what we speak". There's even a legal concept called "fighting words" which accepts that there are words/phrases/terms that, if used, legally justify a physical confrontation (HERE). It's a similar concept to "incitement", which is also illegal (though I don't really see/know the difference in the 2).

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Computers will have the intellectual capability of human beings.
there doing interesting things with brain waves
Eventually people may be willing to be more committed … to brain implants.
Imagine being able to surf the Web with the power of your thoughts
Research groups around the world are working with brain scanning devices to map blood flow in the brain.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Google by Google has a app where you can scan a item and get info....
Everyone has a visual image at a red light, grocery store security camera there working on a app as Google gets smarter that we will be able to get info off anything we scan, including the person next to you .
The information we want will increasingly find its way to us, as networks learn to accurately predict our interests and weaknesses.
edit on 2-9-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join