It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial thread disappeared..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
There was a thread earlier about a White House petition against George Soros. Now it is 404'd. Is there something in he T&C about linking to petitions?
Though this was odd based on who it was about..

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

T&C

This might be the reason, but you will have to get in touch with a moderator (If one hasn't already gotten in touch with you about it in private messages).

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Yeah. I have seen a few of them that 404'd. When there are things that you do not want discussed, you just shut them down, you might offend somebody.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't know but I missed my chance to figure out how to sign it, I hate that little worm.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

T&C

This might be the reason, but you will have to get in touch with a moderator (If one hasn't already gotten in touch with you about it in private messages).

Yes god forbid we were ever useful and not merely a gauge for unknowns to gather information on a more specific demographic.
edit on 2-9-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: mistake

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

It was a petition, doesn't matter what it's for.

I had a thread with a petition to build a DeathStar get shut down. It is what it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
Yes god forbid we were ever useful and not merely a gauge for unknowns to gather information on a more specific demographic.

Not sure what you are going on about here, but I assure you I was meaning no disrespect to our ATS Overlords.. I mean Moderators.
edit on C17294232 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: 3daysgone

It was a petition, doesn't matter what it's for.

I had a thread with a petition to build a DeathStar get shut down. It is what it is.

So all petitions are bad?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

It wasn't controversial...it was probably deemed against the T&C.

ETA: Cygnus nailed it.
edit on 2017/9/2 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It wasn't controversial...it was probably deemed against the T&C.

Either that or we pissed off one of the donors to this place...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Actually, I am pretty sure this thread is against T&C as well.

Disappearing in 3.2.1.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Cygnis is correct, ATS doesn't allow links to petitions of any kind or threads which solicit or seek to recruit.

Thread closed

edit on 9.2.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join