It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of ATS Ads just Re-Directed my ATS page to a Fake Firefox Website Claiming i Needed an Update.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I only had ATS open in my browser, and suddenly my browser was re-directed to this fake Firefox website which asked me to download a fake firefox update.

Here is the fake re-directed link that one of ATS ads sent me to.

ht tps://ceemovietnamwebsite.com/43133213834923/460aa1dbe22dc4cf2051044023f73c2e/ef39b9842a919ee5409c1b239c4d9e5a.html

i did not click on any ads. i only had ATS open in my browser and without my consent it re-directed me.
edit on 2-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

edit on Sat Sep 2 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: disabled the link

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
I think that may just have happened to me too.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
I think that may just have happened to me too.

i hope ATS members realize that the re-directed link claiming to be a Firefox update is nothing but an attempt by hackers/scammers to infect their computers.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My ATS went wonky a few minutes ago too.

I was going to the next page of a thread, and it took me to the front page.

XL5

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
ATS used to scan the ad's they had, don't think they do anymore. That said, maybe its not your computer and it is REALLY ATS!!!

If it was peoples computer, they must have been looking at the same pron at the same time huh...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
My ATS went wonky a few minutes ago too.

I was going to the next page of a thread, and it took me to the front page.

Same here, everytime I load the recent thread page it automatically loads the first thread and takes me to the last page. I have not seen any strange ads thought and have not been redirected offsite. Hopefully it's nothing and clears up quickly.

On mobile 95% of the time, if that helps.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Somebody had cleared these re-directs up a week or so ago. There had been complaints in a thread. I noticed problems again yesterday.

If people won't admit where the problems are coming from, who is taking care of it (instead of blaming it on a 3d party), it's hard to tell who we should be reporting the issues to.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
**To all: Suggestion.

Stay logged in and use only DESKTOP VERSION, even on phone. For some reason staying logged and using the D.V. seems to make a difference where these thngs dont seem to happen...little or not at all.

(Me-not at all)

Best
MS

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You have to consider the amount of exposure that ATS receives.
People are taking notice and retaliating.
I captured a bunch of nasty stuff the other day when logged out.
But I was on the hunt and looking for it.
Due diligence and reasonable care Gentlemen.
That's what its all about. This is the real world and the real internet.

Buck

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: XL5

If I understand it correctly, ATS gets its ads from an ad agency, not directly from the advertisers, so there's no way of knowing what ads visitors or members will see. As most ads are targeted to specific people, it's natural that two visitors or members with similar Internet choices and from the same country will see the same ads.

That's why it's important for people that get those malicious ads to get a screen shot of their browser to identify the ad, so ATS can warn the ad agency and they can remove those ads from their list.

XL5

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ArMaP, yeah, I knew that is how it worked, I was being sarcastic because some people (they know who they are) think it is always the other persons computer.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There is a thread to report these things so Skeptic can deal with any that are problems.

Please use that thread to report problem Ads. Thread closed.

top topics

join