It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go home Disney, you're drunk! - Decendants 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Words don't have subjectivity.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

No but they do have context which seems to go way over your head. We have kids that everyone thinks is evil. But they aren't however and do the right thing. Contrary to what everyone believes about them. So by saying evil lives and show g the kids that the movie shows you are the opisit and in fact nothing like people expect them to be.

So the marketing campaign was based on peoplea perception of the kids. But as is often the case reality is something different.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

That is what it means when you call people blind.

What is meant by the blind reference is exactly what I said. The words are wrote out for you and me to see. Words that mean only one thing. Anyone that perceives those words as innocent are blind to the true meaning of those words.
I will state the words of which I speak now.

Long Live Evil. I know what Evil means, I would like to think all of us really knows what evil means.

But then they actually see the movie and it turns out they are not evil, then they go out and become goths.

The premises of those words doesn't have anything to do with the movie. The simple fact that it is on there should be concern enough, but people want it and defend it. I don't know about you, but to me that seems to show society in all of it's blindness.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

My head? I do believe I have been caught in the crossfire.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

When you combine them into sentences they do.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
What is meant by the blind reference is exactly what I said.

Good, because that is what I meant.

The premises of those words doesn't have anything to do with the movie. The simple fact that it is on there should be concern enough, but people want it and defend it. I don't know about you, but to me that seems to show society in all of it's blindness.

Unlike you, who are better than that?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You might be thinking of something else.

subjectivity
Subjectivity refers to how someone’s judgment is shaped by personal opinions and feelings instead of outside influences.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Wow seriously why don't you come off the evangelical trip and join the rest of us in the real world.

Are we talking about something that is not happening right now?

The advertisements said the new face if evil this I'd a play off that.

I have no idea what you mean by this sentence. Clarify please.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

What is meant by the blind reference is exactly what I said.

Good, because that is what I meant.

Unlike you, who are better than that?

Yes. Why don't you just fixate on an imaginable slight so you don't have to address my full comment. I don't thing that type of debating will solve anything.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Yes. Why don't you just fixate on an imaginable slight so you don't have to address my full comment.

Your full comment is sanctimonious. I already addressed that.

I don't thing that type of debating will solve anything.

You think anything we type on these boards is going to change, let alone solve anything?

Besides, what does solve mean anyway? To me it means people would stop overreacting to petty things like words on a movie poster but I don't have any hope of "solving" that.

edit on 2-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You may be right about my choice of words. I should have used Objective.

It also means this according to your source.

the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

When Disney said on advertisements the new face of evil they show you cute little teenagers who like to sing and dance. If this is the evil that lives I think will be OK. My advice to you Don't Panic if this kind of evil took over the world would probably be a better place. Even the fight scene they sing. So before you make a judgement on good and evil you might want to look at something called context.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Your full comment is sanctimonious. I already addressed that.

It was only sanctimonious from your POV. Not from mine.

You think anything we type on these boards is going to change, let alone solve anything?

I do it in the hopes of learning something. Why do you do it?

Besides, what does solve mean anyway? To me it means people would stop overreacting to petty things like words on a movie poster but I don't have any hope of "solving" that.

It solves nothing. Did you want it to? If you want think that it is okay to have those words on a movie poster that is your right. I am okay with that. You are the one trying to tell me it is not okay for me to have my opinion because my opinion offends you. Are you the only one allowed to be offended by something? As far as over reacting I don't plan on have starting a Stop the Evil march to protest it, because it doesn't offend me. It just worries me that people are blind to the actual meaning of that sentence.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

When Disney said on advertisements the new face of evil they show you cute little teenagers who like to sing and dance. If this is the evil that lives I think will be OK. My advice to you Don't Panic if this kind of evil took over the world would probably be a better place. Even the fight scene they sing. So before you make a judgement on good and evil you might want to look at something called context.

It is okay to make lite of it. It is too late to do anything about it. I am not panicking. I learned the truth a while back. I am just making observations that reiterate lessons I have been taught as to that truth. There is nothing good in evil.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

All ill say is Disney tried to teach people something here that you haven't learned yet but hey may these kids can teach you something.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

It was only sanctimonious from your POV. Not from mine.

It was objectively sanctimonious.

I do it in the hopes of learning something. Why do you do it?

Personal learning is not changing things like phrases on a movie poster.

It solves nothing. Did you want it to?

I don't expect it to.

If you want think that it is okay to have those words on a movie poster that is your right. I am okay with that. You are the one trying to tell me it is not okay for me to have my opinion because my opinion offends you. Are you the only one allowed to be offended by something? As far as over reacting I don't plan on have starting a Stop the Evil march to protest it, because it doesn't offend me. It just worries me that people are blind to the actual meaning of that sentence.

I never said it offends me.

You expressed your opinion and I expressed why I disagree.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Would you agree words are powerful ?

Not only that but words can incite people to act , would you agree ?

I only ask because if that Disney movie had words like white supremacy or neo Nazis I reckon there might be a few people that would say words are in fact a real problem.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Careful or you will invoke lesmis.

I only ask because if that Disney movie had words like white supremacy or neo Nazis I reckon there might be a few people that would say words are in fact a real problem.

You would be correct but some of us would still say it is just a movie poster.

And if it is anything like American History X, with edward norton sporting a swastika tattoo, but the content of the movie is anti-nazi, then one could easily double down.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I'm not that good with words but thx.

Lets face it, how many people would be raging if those words were "let Nazis in" instead.....humor me...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Words can also change the world. Now I'll refer you back to video I posted.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join