It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
a reply to: tommyjo
last i checked 2 days ago there was only 4 comments
¿¿¿
ETA: and the whole week previous to that.. 4 comments

There was more comments than that when I last looked. It was certainly developing into a bun fight. I attempted to post and had the "comment awaiting moderation" message. You can see it from their point of view. Who wants to sit and moderate such a story when people are ripping into each other.

The link/story is still there but with 0 comments now. The comments section is still open.

Whittier Daily News UFO article link
edit on 6/9/2017 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456
So... this one is solved... I mean, it's a perfect match isn't it.

As much fun as it would be to have a proper case on our hands of something more interesting... it is sometimes enough to verify the mundane and learn from it. This is a good case of solved, not "debunked".

It's been fun jostling with y'all again though.
More eyes upward!

the main difference being the intelligently controlled craft's obliquity. you can see the surface rounding off where as the balloon looks plainly 2d. and yes that huge "brass knuckles" in all white is clearly visible on the top half. it's not entirely covered in blue/black

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Nice analysis and helo recognition. I contacted NOS a few days ago where the High Life Festival was held to ask if any of the ad spheres had broken free or been released on purpose. I sent them one of the local news links. So far no reply.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Some footage of the various helium ads at the High Life Festival.

See 4:49 for a close-up of one of the Brass Knuckles spheres that appears to be still tethered. Certainly lots of weed being smoked so likely the sphere was released under the influence

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
So what about "car advertisment balloon". I saw it yesterday but didn't note where, but somewhere near the NOS center you also have one of these (according to google street view):

Why are you looking at Google Street View instead of looking at the video from the event that was posted on page 17 by tommyjo? It was from that video that I got this image, that I posted on page 22.

(click for full size)

Edit: I see tommyjo was faster than me.

edit on 6/9/2017 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
well why are you choosing one photo in lighting that looks similar to it, and not taking the actual photos of the free balloon or from the video. in dark lighting maybe the logo can turn mostly dark. however it was in the day time both sightings.

i think to answer your question towards him can be the same said about yourself. confirmation bias.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I thought it was weird that people made a big deal about the helicopter, but then ignored how little time the helicopter actually spent on it. That shoulda tipped people off it was nothing to see.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This go-to response of "must be a drone" is the new swamp gas. A drone the size of a volkswagon beetle? Sitting perfectly still for 10 minutes? It is either something truly extraordinary or it is fake...but what it's not is a drone.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Here is the most recent article regarding this advertising balloon.

www.foxla.com...

According to the Pasadena Star News, several witnesses reported seeing a large, white advertising balloon emblazoned with a corporate logo in the same time and vicinity of the object. Apparently, the logo is of a company called “Brass Knuckles,” which sells marijuana extracts and vaporizing products. It was not clear Sunday night whether the advertising balloon was the same object that triggered Monday’s UFO sighting reports.

edit on 6-9-2017 by FearYourMind because: Edit Link

edit on 6-9-2017 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: makalit

Are you talking to me?

If you are, could you please rephrase your post? I don't understand what you mean. Thanks in advance.

If you are not, just ignore this post.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

hey! stop stealing my quotes!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

i know this is off topic but:
wtf?! does Simon grey know anything about this:
scontent.cdninstagram.com...
looks like it breaks some cropright laws...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Sadly, this has been debunked. Another witness used a telephoto lens and got a close-up. Turns out to be a large advert balloon with a Vape Shop logo on it.

i174.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That photo still isn't verified through EXIF data though, which would prove once and for all if it's the actual thing from the actual event of sighting date (Mon 28th). I think it may be an example cos, 1, the tether is still extremely taught in that photo, 2, without EXIF data how do we know it wasn't taken on the Sat / Sun of the event? It's purported photo evidence, it's not hard evidence (yet). Sure, I can go with the Brass Knuckles balloon, but these photos need to prove themselves properly.
edit on 6-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I used the term relatively motionless. It does not appear to be influenced by the atmosphere like a balloon usually does.

Yet it does. It's clearly drifting to the left, on a day with little wind. It's not that high, and the trees show almost no movement, either. It's behaving like a balloon would on a day like that.

Plus, again, it looks like a decorated mylar balloon, with some sort of pattern and message on it. Right shape, right look, etc.

There are some cases that do look quite cool, I will say; I just don't think this is one of those.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Yes, simple explanation. It's a balloon.

Note, you can see balloon designs, like a cluster of drawn ones, and what looks like a message across the bottom. I don't know what's mysterious about that. The helicopter is probably a regular thing, and clearly farther away than the "UFO". Either they released the balloon, to make a fake UFO video, or they are somewhat gullible.

So they are gullible because they want to get a closer look at something that is floating in the sky? Makes sense...

No, they'd be gullible for assuming anything they see is s spaceship, if they can't automatically ID it. Besides, this looks like a balloon, even in the video. I'd bet it was far more clear in person. I suspect they knew what it was. If they called that chopper in, under false pretenses, that could be trouble for them, too. Flashing lights at night, things that look NOT like a balloon, I can see wondering. Heck, when I was in junior high, we thought we saw a UFO, for a while. Night, and it was lighted, with rotating lights going around it, back and forth, looking saucer-ish in shape, etc. Very odd. We watched for a good while, as it drew slowly closer, and were even more sure this was something truly different. Very excited! No video camera, sadly. When it got close enough, though, we could see we'd been wrong. It was a plane, with an unusual sort of advertising device, that went around from nose-to-wing-to-tail-to-wing, and back to the nose. About the height of the plane, this device, with lights that "traveled" around it with an ad message. Never even heard of one like that before then, and never saw one again after that night, but darned if it didn't look like a real UFO!

A balloon, though? I can see being curious. I can see taking video, just in case. I have a hard time, though, believing that they didn't discover, quickly, what it was, and post it anyway, for the hits. Why didn't they view till it vanished, otherwise?? A real UFO, and they just quit recording and go inside?? Really?? I'd be there waiting to see what happened!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I was watching the original video on Youtube and forwarded frame by frame. It looks like the object is actually constantly morphing. Black dots and lines seem to appear and disappear. Can anyone tell me if this could be an artifact of the cam sensor? But I don't see why it would create the same pattern. It doesn't seem random and it only appears on one side of the object.

On a side note: I saw a very similar object in the sky over Mar Vista (LA) a few years ago. It slowly drifted towards LAX, one of the busiest airports in the world. No chopper came to investigate. I think these objects don't show up on the radar. I think somebody called the Sheriff dept. to investigate the airborne hazard.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

How do you explain that the altitude seems to be stable and the rotor wash from the chopper has no visible effect? I find that very odd! Untethered Balloons don't do that and the surface of the object is also constantly morphing.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KeithCooper

I own a drone business and depending on the circumstances I may have to build one to fit a certain need.
For instance I have a 5-1/4 ft drone that I use for large underground stope mapping.
Also have a 10 ft glider for lidar scans.

Every single day a new company launches something drone related.
pretty soon looking up and seeing drones the size of passenger jets will be the norm.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You got a drone that can morph its shape?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join