It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Personally, I think this thread conducted itself well enough to allow everyone to chime in with some great data and interesting comments. We are pretty much left with the reliability of certain sources. And we did it without a big fight. HooRahh.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

But with that, the plot just seems to thicken.

That source says the LASD official response is "a car advertising balloon or something like that". The unverified twitter source says it's Brass Knuckles balloon.

I was thinking about the source, where it might have "broken free" from it's tether if it were a balloon, and noticed Brass Knuckles were at/held an event at NOS Center (in the rough region where you see the UFO in the first main video) on the days prior.

Wait, what?
At least that logo on an object is recognizable to us...!

The B.K. claim seems to be by some random guy on Twitter who is claiming other people have said it's B.K. balloon, completely unverified. And we've kind of determined it doesn't look like the one in the provided photos. It has a huge dark circle on one side (seen in video 1) and more of a Star Trek badge shape on the other side (video 3 "it looks like batman on the side").

So what about "car advertisment balloon". I saw it yesterday but didn't note where, but somewhere near the NOS center you also have one of these (according to google street view):

The one in street view has the same color pattern as the image above but we know the UFO does not have this pattern. And here are some other car dealership type balloons. Notice a theme here??

That's right, big-ass stripes. Which are completely devoid on our UFO.

Certainly, the "car dealership or something like that" quote could also be a way of politely NOT saying it was a balloon for a company that sells drug pariphinallia... but you'd think LASD wouldn't take that sort of PC tone...in California of all places. Surely they would just say it was Brass Knuckles if that's what it was.

Anyway, back with the LASD...

FlightRadar24 is somewhat interesting. I've now passed the "free to view" dates so someone with a subscription will need to doublecheck. But if you watch it across the 6am-9am period... no helicopter from the LASD is seen around West Covina. One shows up at about 8 or 9am but remains far to the West (near Downtown LA). You've also got a sherrif's helicopter from the Chino branch and one from the Passedena branch (at least, 2 other sherriff's departments that weren't LASD, I can't fully remember what they were) in their respective areas but they never go to the locations seen in the videos.

I don't know if that's significant or not. Clearly these choppers do show up on FlightRadar24 but they didn't when this object was out there. The airspace around the West Covina is pretty quiet.

But that brings me to another point. In the first video, yes, I think you do have an LASD helicopter (Eurocopter) and you can see the distinct colors.

However in the 3rd video where it's further away, the helicopter looks blue. Not the LASD colours. But it's still noticeably a Eurocopter.

But in this picture, which supposedly is in Atladena, which would make it toward the end of the sighting period (later in the day) you do not have a Eurocopter (distinguishable by its landing skids that hang under it) you have what looks like a Puma helicopter (which is used by the LASD, and has no landing skids)

(I live near a large UK helicopter base for police and air force activity, so you get trained to sights and shapes of heli's)

Now let's remind ourselves the timeframe. It's first videoed by Juan guy at 6.45 AM approx, and approached by a helicopter (seems to have LASD colors). At the end of that video, he takes a second one, lets say roughly 6.55AM, effectively it just carries on seconds after the first video. Then he sorts stuff out for his morning. In the third video, he says it is now 8:28AM, and another helicopter is there (possibly different as it looks blue). So 1hr 30 has passed. The FedEx depot video looks like it has a Eurocopter in it. The photo out of Atladena shows a different helicopter model, not seen in any videos, so is either from a different event or is perhaps later on, beyond 8.30AM.

So essentially we have 3 different helicopters checking this thing out over a 1hr30-2hr period. None of which appear on the Flight24 radar in this area (but do appear on radar elsewhere in LA). Car advertising balloons have distinct markings, or if is a car logo, we'd recognize it. Brass Knuckles were at an event the day before not far from West Covina and probably had a balloon or drones (or both, as they seem to utilize them) BUT there is no official capacity on the B.K claim, nor would a drone get stuck in flight for 2+hrs and a helium balloon holding its altitude for so long seems pretty bizarre. Sure it matches those unverified images but their logo in those doesn't really match what's seen in the stills from the video clips.

And not forgetting the video of high strangeness from 2 weeks prior at nearby Redondo Beach dog park.

Three different choppers came to check this thing out, which tracked very slowly West over the course of perhaps 1, 2 or 3 hours. That's a lot of fuel to burn for a "potential airborne hazard". And the next best part is that it wasn't really going anywhere near any airports and it clearly wasn't raising in altitude to interfere with flight paths.

Maybe they were waiting to see if it would go up or down. Kind of amazing they'd spend all that time and effort from the air to hang around and try to determine that. You'd think they'd just call it in and ask ground police to just keep an eye on it.

Someone mentioned two different events in one sighting, ie the first stuff with the orangey yellow ball and a different white ball decoy later on or such. I'm trying to explore that angle. This is why I wonder if the video out of Redondo Beach dog park has anything to do with it, cos they might want to cover that sort of thing up. Maybe this is the "second part" like the Phoenix Lights had a second part...

I also intend to determine properly if the helicopter in the third video of the main guy is the same as the one in the FedEx depot video. If not, then if we take into account the photo from Atladena, that would mean 4 different helicopter approaches with possibly 3 different departments/types of heli involved. Not too fussed right now if its aliens or balloons lol, still kind of fun and interesting to speculate and investigate

edit on 6-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint
after watching that vid, you'd think with all these weather balloons floating around they'd have got a parameter of how they should be taken care of like shooting them

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i mean in the one vid i presented where you can guarantee it was a balloon, it lasted a matter of minutes it's airborness and fell. but that was just a strange weather balloon. most dont do it like that. as we have seen.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sorry to drop in, but I just joined this site and I can't figure out how to post a new thread. If someone could help me it would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FitzFitz
it's a bummer but you need to make 15 replies first.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

I don't think those helicopters were flying around in a "gee, what's that?" fashion. IMO, they were taking super hi-resolution photos, videos, and maybe using sensors, of some type. Each one had a "specialty" to perform.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
So... this one is solved... I mean, it's a perfect match isn't it.

As much fun as it would be to have a proper case on our hands of something more interesting... it is sometimes enough to verify the mundane and learn from it. This is a good case of solved, not "debunked".

It's been fun jostling with y'all again though.
More eyes upward!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: saladfingers123456

Solved? OK..

I'm waiting for REAL PROOF of off-world Intelligent Life anyway. (Excluding ISS crew.)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, this one is solved. If you look at the picture, you can almost read it, we can make out the big "K".
There are still weird things in the sky, I've seen em. This just wasn't one of them, that is all.
The police officer sounded nervous... well, he was being truthful, so worth learning that we're crap at detecting that kind of thing... or that we can be scewed by our beliefs/our window.

To be honest, there is more value in this to identify the ways in which we succumbed to confirmation bias. It makes any future analysis stronger I would hope.

edit on 6-9-2017 by saladfingers123456 because: Altered the tone. I misread the person I was replying to. Sorry!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

Yeah, this one is solved. If you look at the picture, you can almost read it, we can make out the big "K".
There are still weird things in the sky, I've seen em. This just wasn't one of them, that is all.
The police officer sounded nervous... well, he was being truthful, so worth learning that we're crap at detecting that kind of thing... or that we can be scewed by our beliefs/our window.

To be honest, there is more value in this to identify the ways in which we succumbed to confirmation bias. It makes any future analysis stronger I would hope.

rofl... i notice people often talk about things that are going on within themselves.. everything you just said in bold i added was just about yourself..
--you lost respect since you still haven't recorrected yourself after seeing tommy's first post. it got me at first too but i fixed it but you still tripping over your own feet.
edit on 6-9-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonofLibertyV4V
Seems the page has been taken down or something because the link doesn't work. Not only that but I tried a google search for the article and can't find anything and last night I'm pretty sure I was able to get the page.

The link works, but as usual with long links it gets broken when posted without text.

This way it works.

Link

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

rofl... i notice people often talk about things that are going on within themselves.. everything you just said in bold i added was just about yourself..
--you lost respect since you still haven't recorrected yourself after seeing tommy's first post. it got me at first too but i fixed it but you still tripping over your own feet.

Right oh. Thanks big man!
It is called self analysis... of course you have a lot of "me" in SELF analysis. How else would you like it? I never once said it was "aliens" did I? In fact i don't remember declaring anything beyond it is a real event. But whatever. Good luck with whatever it is you feel you are about!
edit on 6-9-2017 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
i just want it to be known so humanity can collectively tell them all to go away

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
a reply to: tommyjo

But you are another person from UK
Just like nofear

You can convince yourselves that your culture is on top of the world and thus are smarter. That you know everything

Thanks 😁
edit on 92017fAmerica/ChicagoamWed, 06 Sep 2017 04:01:05 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join