It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hovers over LA, helicopter starts circling it.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: saladfingers123456

The only direction it moved was down the way when it was being winched back down to Terra firma, but that video doesn't get you YT hits.

That sounds like you have convinced yourself of what you think it is and that it is a hoax of some sort. There is no solid evidence for that at this point. Open minds are a must ya know, it really helps with this kind of thing.

It's not a hoax and was never intended to be. It's a advertising balloon.

Do you know that for a fact, or are you stating an opinion?

If that was an advertising balloon, all it advertised is to not use that advertising company.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: InterstellarSloth
a reply to: notsure1

I thought about that, draft from a heli would alt east influence the balloon, but the heli may by too far away.

Yeah must be... Why would the chopper leave if it was anything remotely UFOish?

They could have been ordered to leave

Or , it scared them. I think it was said that the helo did not completely leave the area, but hung around far enough away. Still think that it was no balloon.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not saying this is a hoax one way or another, but this is somewhat interesting. Look at the color, the shape, and the strange dark patches:

Could be an advertising balloon that got away. Although I have to admit that I've been doing some skywatching in the evenings in the San Fernando Valley, which is northwest of L.A. It's a busy airspace, near the Burbank Airport, and you wouldn't think it would be possible to see anything of interest. And most of what I see are balloons of one kind or another, and they're fairly easy to spot I live relatively close to Universal Studios and Warner Bros., and little kids lose their balloons there. Some come from downtown L.A., because the wind this time of year generally blows to the NNW and that blows them overhead. I've gotten pretty good at spotting balloons and various aircraft.

However, I've been some odd things lately. Odd enough for me to invest in a good monocular so I can see what's going on with some of these things.

I personally think that the oddest stuff is happening way up in the sky, just at the edge of visual range, and usually in the evening when the sun changes angle enough to catch a reflection. There are these "balloons," but they would have to be pretty big to be seen that high up. They will oscillate and drift, like they're floating with the wind, but I saw one the other day just stop oscillating, change direction several times, meet up with another "balloon," and do a kind of circular dance with it, and then the two just slowly drifted apart in different directions (which might be difficult if they're both following the same wind), and slowly vanish. Very curious.

On another occasion, after I had already seen a couple of actual balloons float by (you can tell by the wobble, and of course the strings) I saw another thing kind of sail by in the general direction but rather than reflected light, it seemed to have a glow of its own, and it was flying noticeably faster than the real balloons. Like it was pretending to be a balloon?

Oh, well, then why didn't I take video? Because at first you don't think that much of it. You think it's just an odd balloon or something. By the time you understand how unusual it is, it's already gone. Or it's a small dot in the sky and it wouldn't be identifiable unless you had good equipment with a decent telephoto lens. So why bother?

But there are odd things floating about, even in someplace as heavily monitored as L.A. What are they? Balloons mostly -- birthday balloons or advertising balloons that got away, and so on. Airplanes and helicopters. They may even be some kind of high altitude drones being tested by Google or Apple or one of our other high-tech overlords to take pictures, monitor stuff, or relay signals without satellites.

I don't know. But it is interesting how every now and then it's like "what the heck is that?"
edit on 3-9-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If that was the same helicopter in the third video as the first, then it's very weird.. because it fell back.. and then as it slowly moved off, it followed it. Not typical behavior you'd expect of someone with a balloon.

Would also be curious how high that was. I believe at least in LA, the highest you can fly an advertising anything is 1000 feet.
edit on 3-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That sounds like you have convinced yourself of what you think it is and that it is a hoax of some sort. There is no solid evidence for that at this point. Open minds are a must ya know, it really helps with this kind of thing.

Do we need to say aliens then? Whatever it was didn't do anything out side of the norm of a tethered balloon, so I think someone needs to provide more empirical evidence to suggest anything otherwise. As I said since there is no footage of it coming or going that makes it highly suspect. The helo crew seems to not have come forward either, as in "look Bob some idiot put a big ass balloon in the air". The low altitude makes it suspect to being tethered, under 400 feet, and no FAA response. The slow moving/floating also makes it suspect. I'm not convinced of anything other than there really isn't anything supporting it is not a balloon.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

easy to find and buy. How big do you want it?

And what color...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I bet if you contact that big car dealership underneath the balloon they will be able to help you out.

Do we need to say aliens then? Whatever it was didn't do anything out side of the norm of a tethered balloon, so I think someone needs to provide more empirical evidence to suggest anything otherwise. As I said since there is no footage of it coming or going that makes it highly suspect. The helo crew seems to not have come forward either, as in "look Bob some idiot put a big ass balloon in the air". The low altitude makes it suspect to being tethered, under 400 feet, and no FAA response. The slow moving/floating also makes it suspect. I'm not convinced of anything other than there really isn't anything supporting it is not a balloon.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmm, not sure how one might sustain the "tethered" idea. I've mapped out the rough locations from numerous videos.

The main guy says he's in West Covina, sunrise on the right. The second angle of the helicopter shows sunrise in the distance, so is probably somewhere more west and a bit more north to the main guy. Video from the road, sunrise on the LEFT and carpool signs and ads signs make it look a lot like the 210 (rather than the 10)...roads... not sure if you call these freeways or interstates...!

So the object is somewhere between West Covina (most southerly position) and the 210 (most northerly position). If it was maybe tethered to a vehicle on the 10 then there's some plausibility. But it doesn't move in any way like something being pulled. And a single bridge, a single overhead power cable and you've got a tethering problem.

In fact, it appears stationary until the helicopter shows up, and then it starts moving (very slowly) to the West. The main guy's final video shows it has moved a long way to the West than its first position.

We know a chopper circled it, I'm interested to find more videos of the second intercept (as seen in the main guy's 3rd video), where it's tracking along with it rather than circling it. I'm going to take a guess and put it at about 20-25 feet in diameter. If it was 15 feet, then someone might connect that to the recent 15 "unknown" radio signals on a distant star, sure

EDIT. San Gabriel Valley Tribune has another witness who says they observed it an hour or two later over Altadena.

After sitting motionless for several minutes, the object slowly began moving toward the west, Lopez said. He had to stop recording in order to prepare his kids for school and go to work.

But another witnesses in Arcadia spotted and photographed the object several hours later, about 10 miles to the northwest.

Daniel Acosta was with his wife when they noticed the metallic object floating motionless in the sky. Acosta estimated the object was hovering at least 1,000 feet above Altadena and appeared to be 6 to 10 feet in diameter.

“It’s the strangest thing. I have no idea,” he said.

The object’s lack of motion was particularly striking, he said.

“We watched it for 10 minutes. It didn’t move,” he said. “It didn’t seem to be tethered.”

Acosta said he initial reaction was: “That doesn’t belong there, and it doesn’t make sense.”

Officials at the sheriff’s Aero Bureau said a sheriff’s helicopter often checks out potential airborne hazards that are spotted in the sky, but no information about the object was available Sunday. The crew that manned the helicopter on Monday morning was not on duty Sunday.

Local police and sheriff’s officials had no information regarding the sightings, and Federal Aviation Spokesman Allen Kenitzer said he also had no information regarding the incident.

www.sgvtribune.com...
edit on 3-9-2017 by markymint because: news quote

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Someone in the comments section of this video on youtube claims to have seen the same thing, there was a link to this picture. The picture was taken from Hastings ranch, in Pasadena CA (sorry, I am not familiar with CA so don't know if this is close to the original location).

It does look to me like there might be a tether under it, possibly it is a balloon. Here is a second copy of the same pic, I have tried to increase the contrast and enhanceit, show up better,if you zoom in on the image, there appears something protruding down under it. Most likely its just a balloon on a tether.

It should be noted however, that the video shows a cloudless sky, and this pic shows clouds in the background, possibly due to a different vantage point, but that is a bit fishy.

edit on 3-9-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Cool, but that's all I want to say about that photo myself. I found the same link in the video comments but the photo has no EXIF data so it's not the original copy. It's probably a zoomed/cropped version. I think it'd be worth getting the original un-edited image to speculate from, but not that version (not your fault btw). I've left them a reply to ask for the original with its EXIF data. Will be happy to analyse that.

EXIF btw, is like a digital fingerprint in photos. Helps you work out if it's been manipulated or if they're telling porkies about it.
edit on 3-9-2017 by markymint because: exif info

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

It would be better if their were multiple pics from multiple vantage points (of course their may be). I agree its hard
to deduce much from this image, and if it has been tampered with as you said, I guess all bets are off.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This the same one from another view point.
(nvm, was already posted on page 12)

edit on 3-9-2017 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: InterstellarSloth
A friend of mine has a father who is a senior scientist at Lawrence Liv labs. He told me some interesting stuff about reverse engineering and the reality of it.

... And?!

Leave us hanging, why don't ya? Elaborate, pretty please.

He didnt want to go into too much detail, as it was highly classified info he was sharing.

But im just a guy sharing info that could be "wrong" so...

He said his Dad told him that e.t. are visiting Earth and some craft have indeed been recovered and studied at LLL.

I can corroborate some info as my late grandfather and his wife, my grandmother, worked for NASA and JPL with certain clearances.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

there appears something protruding down under it. Most likely its just a balloon on a tether.

Don't think that is the case, as the much clearer and closer video shows that as well, and it was not facing down, nor was there any sort of visible line. Even odder imo is at the start of the video, the dark patch seemed to protrude, but was still flush. Later in the video, it seems to have come out a great deal more. It seems like it clearly is sticking out, where it was not before. Also, was facing up at that point, not down.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
re: being a balloon...
Then why doesn't it spin? It barely turns. About 180-270 degrees in 7 minutes.
In the 7 minute video, weird things happen with regard the dark spot.
It isn't affected at all by the helicopter moving a whole tonne of air.

The thing is, I've seen (ufo) spheres at much further distances (as in controlled craft) personally... but I have never seen a balloon like that. I'm biased by my own experiences to be sure, but it is not a tangable thing I can share with anyone here in any meaningful way. But from my point of view, i know these spheres are up/out there... so seeing one this low on video is not beyond my reasoning. Balloons doing things balloons don't do is weirder to me. Balloons aren't normally studied by a helicopter, let alone 2 of them.

If it was tethered to say, a car, wouldn't there be someone out there who was underneith it (near the vehicle) who might have filmed that too? A mere balloon seems a bit too easy, and doesn't answer all the questions.
Most notibly, why doesn't it turn?
What would it be for? (Any answers to this one needs to have some logic)
Why was it studied by the police? (and why have they not made light of it or mentioned it on their facebook page?)
If it was tethered what happened to it? A balloon that big would have been noticed as it is pulled back down.
Why wasn't it disturbed by the helicopter or atmospheric air flow?

The balloon idea just doesn't float for me

Also, the sightings of this craft stretch for nearly an hour between the various angles. Julian states 6:40 something, and another video states it is 7:30 when they saw it.

Other observations by him are that
nothing seems to be holding it
it is big,
not moving at all,
there is nothing really holding it down,
It's 6;40 something and it's still up there
It's like something is sticking out of it (refering to the growing black blob at the end)
It looks like something is coming out of it, right? - son: yeah
Looks like a bird hatching out of an egg
Looks like a perfect sphere
It's roughly 7:05, we've got a helicopter checking it out (this is the third video, where the helicopter is just sat watching it)
Seems to me like it's a round object, white, and it's just floating around, and its headed towards the flight path of all the airplanes over there so, I don't know what's going on.
It might be on the news in a few minutes, UFO over LA, floating its way to downtown LA from the San Gabriel Valley area.

The kid does refer to some kind of laser (beam?) on the bottom (so maybe a tether, it isn't impossible!) but Lopez doesn't see it.
-----------------------------------------------------

The best I've seen (regarding potential balloon solutions to this) so far is the drone balloon someone linked to, but even then, that looks to only work inside, not out.
Also, the comments on Lopez YT videos are simply toxic. The secureteam thing has really made a mess of this sighting.
edit on 3-9-2017 by saladfingers123456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

No that's okay, I definitely needed to see that one again! It's clearly NOT the intercept we see in the first main 7 minute video. It's possibly the one we see in the third video of the original video guy, but it might even be one inbetween that or one after it.

That in itself is telling. The sherrif's had to visit this object at least twice, which says to me, they couldn't identify it so easily, if at all. You'd think if they saw a company logo they wouldn't need to come back and hover around it, they could then just monitor it from the ground. It wasn't even moving, why use up all their fuel for such a slow moving, stationary object? Right, because they were as clueless to its origin as we may be now.

It even looks like they attempt a bit of rotor wash to move it, but it stays perfectly still.

Some other notes. This was clearly witnessed by dozens maybe hundreds of people. That video shows several people watching, other vidoes show several people watching, there are comments about it out of El Monte (a high school), Altadena (photo linked above), Arcadia (other witnesses). People driving down the 210 (on video) and probably the 10.

But what DON'T we have? No radio stations quickly and proudly let people know there was a big-ass balloon drifting about. No companies claimed responsibility for a completely illegible advertising balloon if it was one. Minimal news articles about it (Daily Star UK and San Gabriel Valley Tribune so far the ONLY internet sites). A week has passed since it happened... The sherrif's office didn't respond in any official capacity, even just to reassure people, and they probably got plenty of calls about it that day. This thing quite clearly caused a stir across a great portion of Los Angeles on the 28th, and has quite clearly been buried under the carpet. We've had neither an official response nor an official "hoax" response (where they at least say it was something, even swamp gas).

It's a mass sighting event that was discretely monitored at the time and has been discretely subjugated afterwards.

Media companies cover so much of the bu11# ufo stories, when a legitimate mass sighting one crops up and they don't cover it, they've surely "been told"... Trump perhaps deemed it a matter of national security after the first pass by the sheriff and once the info that it couldn't be identified as anything in particular was relayed. But being Trump he then told them to go take another look and see if they can move it with rotor wash
This is where they realize they can't so it's absolutely not something they have control over.

But sure. As some have said, videos, testimony etc of it moving off (presumably into the mountains?) or arriving, wouldn't go amiss. The middle of an event is important, but so is the start and end, for sure, we are lacking that here.

edit on 3-9-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Has anyone been able to find any photos of this? i've only found video so far.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is exactly the same thing as what I saw during the begining of the eclipse totality here in central IL. It looked like a round black ball just hovering in the sky for about 10 mins. Only difference is, we had fighter jets flying around that morning/afternoon.

My mom, who also saw this ufo along with my bf, called a friend that works at our local airbase and he said the jets were doing "touch and go's".
Well my bf didn't believe that, being an army vet he said it's unlikely they would be flying on a non training day with heavy thunderstorms in the area all morning. But who knows, it was a real weird day.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
Hmm, not sure how one might sustain the "tethered" idea. I've mapped out the rough locations from numerous videos.

The main guy says he's in West Covina, sunrise on the right. The second angle of the helicopter shows sunrise in the distance, so is probably somewhere more west and a bit more north to the main guy. Video from the road, sunrise on the LEFT and carpool signs and ads signs make it look a lot like the 210 (rather than the 10)...roads... not sure if you call these freeways or interstates...!

So the object is somewhere between West Covina (most southerly position) and the 210 (most northerly position). If it was maybe tethered to a vehicle on the 10 then there's some plausibility. But it doesn't move in any way like something being pulled. And a single bridge, a single overhead power cable and you've got a tethering problem.

In fact, it appears stationary until the helicopter shows up, and then it starts moving (very slowly) to the West. The main guy's final video shows it has moved a long way to the West than its first position.

We know a chopper circled it, I'm interested to find more videos of the second intercept (as seen in the main guy's 3rd video), where it's tracking along with it rather than circling it. I'm going to take a guess and put it at about 20-25 feet in diameter. If it was 15 feet, then someone might connect that to the recent 15 "unknown" radio signals on a distant star, sure

EDIT. San Gabriel Valley Tribune has another witness who says they observed it an hour or two later over Altadena.

After sitting motionless for several minutes, the object slowly began moving toward the west, Lopez said. He had to stop recording in order to prepare his kids for school and go to work.

But another witnesses in Arcadia spotted and photographed the object several hours later, about 10 miles to the northwest.

Daniel Acosta was with his wife when they noticed the metallic object floating motionless in the sky. Acosta estimated the object was hovering at least 1,000 feet above Altadena and appeared to be 6 to 10 feet in diameter.

“It’s the strangest thing. I have no idea,” he said.

The object’s lack of motion was particularly striking, he said.

“We watched it for 10 minutes. It didn’t move,” he said. “It didn’t seem to be tethered.”

Acosta said he initial reaction was: “That doesn’t belong there, and it doesn’t make sense.”

Officials at the sheriff’s Aero Bureau said a sheriff’s helicopter often checks out potential airborne hazards that are spotted in the sky, but no information about the object was available Sunday. The crew that manned the helicopter on Monday morning was not on duty Sunday.

Local police and sheriff’s officials had no information regarding the sightings, and Federal Aviation Spokesman Allen Kenitzer said he also had no information regarding the incident.

www.sgvtribune.com...

Whoa! Excellent job!

But yea I'm sure it's just some bird lol people

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join