It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: New US Revolution is Legal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The new American Civil War is being fought in courtrooms around the nation. The Bill of Rights Defense Committee (BORDC) reports that 370 Civil Liberties Safe Zones now exist in the USA. Over 56 million people are legally protected from Patriot Act and Homeland Security measures' illegal disregard of civil liberties. Hundreds more resolutions are in progress. The Bill of Rights and Constitution are posted at the BORDC website. Sample ordinances can be found online at the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) website.

www.bordc.org
"Four states and 366 cities and counties have passed resolutions to protect their 56,109,328 residents' civil liberties. Hundreds more resolutions critical of the USA PATRIOT Act are in progress.

Newest safe zones: Elmira, NY; Oak Creek, CO."

"Monday night the city of Elmira joined hundreds of communities across the country as a civil liberties safe zone. The city council unanimously approved the resolution that asks state lawmakers to evaluate any laws that would violate personal freedoms in response to the USA Patriot Act."

Elmira: New Civil Liberties Safe Zone

Here is the text of the Arcata Ordinance, the Minneapolis Ordinance, the Idaho County Ordinance, and the Huntington Ordinance.

Civil Liberties Safe Zone Sample Ordinances

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Despite the Republican party's traditional position against big government, Bush Republicans promote big government for population control. Such controls, like the Patriot Act and Homeland Security measures, conflict with the Bill of Rights and American Constitution.

So the real revolution is a legal event. Fortunately, America's Founding Fathers planned for the contingency. Armed resistance is unnecessary.

Related News Links:
www.uua.org
www.utne.com
www.wnyc.org
gbgm-umc.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-2-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is about as effective as Berkeley's "Nuclear Free Zone". Only works while government chooses to follow the rules. Who here is naiive enough to believe laws and paperwork stop tanks and bullets?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You'd be hardpressed to find a US soldier willing to fire upon his fellow citizens. It just wont come to that. Thats why these NWO scare stories dont really worry me. These big wig NWO'ers are nothing without their Armies, and they wont turn on their own citizens.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
This is about as effective as Berkeley's "Nuclear Free Zone". Only works while government chooses to follow the rules. Who here is naiive enough to believe laws and paperwork stop tanks and bullets?

The Bill of Rights and Constitution exist to give Americans the legal basis to protect democracy.

The courts are a good avenue, even though this administration routinely disregards, flaunts and ignores the law. Fact remains. the laws exist - and breaking them is illegal.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Legal challenges are ongoing in many areas.

This is only part and yes taken separately you might consider it to be like a GMO-free zone. There are other lawsuits and also impeachment is a tool to be used here.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
NWO scare stories dont really worry me. These big wig NWO'ers are nothing without their Armies, and they wont turn on their own citizens.

I agree subz - American soldiers won't turn on their fellow citizens. But I don't agree that the corporate NWO needs armies. ...They started this business of using the legal system, and have dismantled most of our democratic protections already. Because of this, we all are legally, financially, professionally and economically vulnerable - individually and as a nation.

Also, you need to take a good look at what's happening with robot technology, nanotechnology, bioweapons, Mad Cow, and other weapons that slip under the radar...

We are not in danger of future attacks from political terrorists - we already are under attack from corporate terrorists, on several fronts. That's the big secret - and it's why Americans are being manipulated to panic, and focus on off-shore boogeymen.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
The new American Civil War is being fought in courtrooms around the nation. The Bill of Rights Defense Committee (BORDC) reports that 370 Civil Liberties Safe Zones now exist in the USA. Over 56 million people are legally protected from Patriot Act and Homeland Security measures' illegal disregard of civil liberties.

I don't see how they are somehow above the law in this situation. Federal law supersedes state law, and certainly local resolutions.

Infact it looks liek the resolution affords no protection or even criticism of teh Patriot act at all

The city council unanimously approved the resolution that asks state lawmakers to evaluate any laws that would violate personal freedoms in response to the USA Patriot Act

Thats for Elmira NY, I don't know if others are doing something different. It merely requests that the state assemblies review the law. I don't think that state assemblies are in a positition to do anything about it anyway.

ann arbor
RESOLVED, That the City of Ann Arbor reject racial profiling of any group within our community; That the City of Ann Arbor urge the United States Federal Government, its various branches, representatives and employees, to act in a fair, open and consistent manner by ensuring that all individuals are afforded their appropriate rights to due process; and That the City Administrator send copies of this resolution to our U.S. Congressional and Senate representatives, the U.S. Attorney General, and the President of the United States

That certainly doesn't make it so the patriot act doesn't apply to them.

The entire idea is somewhat ludicrous, a local or state government can't invalidate federal laws. The SCOTUS certainly can, and then it applies to everyone.

PERHAPS the highest court in state could hear a case wrt the patriot act, and rule that it violates a state constituion or something like that, but do state governments have jurisdiction over Patriot? Also, patriot is largely alterations to numerous other laws, so there might be portions where they do and don't.

missoula montana
therefore be it resolved that the City Council of Missoula, Montana, reaffirms allegiance to civil liberties guaranteed in the Bill of Rights, the U.S. Constitution, and the Montana Constitution, as core values of our society and nation, and allegiance to the procedures that protect them; and opposes in Missoula the possible curtailments of people's civil liberties o

Really, its all very nice, but these are cities, they're superseded by lots of other civil entities.

Interestingly enough, IF they were passing laws, rather than resolutions, and IF it worked out that they had some basis or effect, only people within the city would be 'protected'.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see if these "zones" are just for show or if there is substance. Then it will be interesting to see if some future terrorist event hatches from one of these zones. As I read the story on Elmira, the resolution does not stop the federal government from investigating only that the local police are obligated to report such an investigation.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I don't see how they are somehow above the law in this situation. Federal law supersedes state law, and certainly local resolutions.

It's a place to start Nygdan - a first step, with more to follow - and as Collin points out, this front is just the tip of the iceberg. There are numerous other ongoing legal challenges.

Interestingly enough, IF they were passing laws, rather than resolutions, and IF it worked out that they had some basis or effect, only people within the city would be 'protected'.

Uh huh. Interesting, isn't it. Where might that lead, I wonder?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Excellent post to match an excellent idea!

This may be the light at the end of a very long, very dark tunnel. There is finally a meaningful challenge to the overwhelming beligerence of PA 1&2. DHS is a ridiculous notion coming from a 'small government republican', it's obviously just another money vacumm serving the opposite purpose for which it was created.

I blame it all on his advisors, and I hope the courts see it that way too. Guys like Rove and Wolfowitz are largely responsible for the hijacking, in many ways they are the only accountable ones. GW might not even stand trial if he can prove he's functionally retarded, or suffering from early onset dementia, and there's plenty of evidence for that defense. I don't even care at this point if they get prosecuted for war crimes, I just want the whole ordeal to be over. Let them retreat to some island somewhere, I won't chase after them at least. Can't promise there aren't others who might want to..but thankfully that's not my problem.

I agree with Sofi, there is no chance of the military turning on us, at least not the entire military. There may be segments that remain loyal to the criminals, but they should be relatively easy to deal with. The worst case scenario in my mind is a 'red state', 'blue state' situation where politcal allegiance leads to citizen on citizen violence. The borders would be loose, overlapping, and the rivalry might get heated in places. Call out the national guard to keep the peace or let the citizens fight it out? I don't know, but I do know there are more religous zealots in this country than otherwise rational people allow for, and they will not allow their patron saints to be dragged through the mud without a fight. I wonder to what degree the brainwashed sheeple will rise up and defend their beloved pseudo-christo-politicos? Opinions?

Sad to say, once we defeat them and drive them away, the really hard part begins. We have the task of rebuilding the country, built over hundreds of years, reduced to beggery in about three decades. We've got to clean up the environment, remove the clutter of their vague and unconstitutional laws, go through the halls of public office with a fine tooth comb to remove all the lice and ticks, while we're at it maybe we can restore to the Native Americans some semblance of a viable culture through land grants and a return of mineral/gas rights.

I think maybe the safest thing to do would be to remove ALL incumbents and dissallow campaign financing of any kind, and electronic voting machines, just for one election cycle until we can adress the numerous problems with both. Any other suggestions?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Points taken Soficrow, I guess our best weapon in the war against the NWO is our wallets.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This tactic is called nullification, and is what led to seccession 150 years ago in the Civil War.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I guess our best weapon in the war against the NWO is our wallets.

IMO - It's our minds, and our spirit.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Another good post sofi--isn't it amazing how negative some people get when the cry for freedoms go out , today. Think how hard it must have been 230 years ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravriderX
This tactic is called nullification, and is what led to seccession 150 years ago in the Civil War.

Yep. Presumably, calmer heads will prevail this time around, and democracy will be re-instated.

I can't imagine Americans supporting armed Civil War to fight against democracy and legitimize a police state.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
deleted by author

[edit on 05/2/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
All that this really does is make the police within the specific districts not enforce the laws provided in the Patriot Act. In that sense, the citizens are being protected from this law by local or state government organizations. As was said earlier, this does not stop the federal government. Situations such as these where federal cops pursue an investigation that local cops stay away from were the recent medical marjiuana facilities being busted in California.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

There really is no "'red state', 'blue state' situation." Here is a more accurate configuration of the .

The link is to a Bush propaganda website called "Bush Country." FYI - the map is bogus.

I think Grady's trying to intimidate us - and tell us we're outnumbered.

Not.

Bush's Brown Shirt Patrols had people scared for a while, so decent people hid quietly and kept their heads down and their mouths shut.

But now, the times they are a'changin. Over 56 million Americans already live in Civil Liberties Safe Zones - and more are standing up for democracy every day.

.noticed you deleted your post Grady -
- but I'll let my response stand.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I know Titorist are sitting on the edge of their seat with a big 'Told you so' on their face. This should be interesting to see if these claims actually hold any legal merit in regards to the Patriot Act. On the brink of Civil War? Who knows.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
These major terrorist attacks are from within the government any way. Setting up civil liberty safe zones and having "terrorists" caught in them is pretty much assured.

Is there any mechanism in US law for the people to initiate an impeachment?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join