It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fullers Vintage Ales, and to good times.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My father has been cold keeping a stash of Fullers Vintage ales from 2005 - Present, he started buying up multiples of each from 2009 - Present and gave my brother and I one of each from 2009 - 2015 about a year ago.
Tonight, I cracked open a 09', I guess I am celebrating labor day here in Canada, I am a trades person and it means a lot to me. So, here's to kicking off a great long weekend, or just a Friday night. Or just to the personal good times to get all of us through the hard times. So far, it tastes great.

Kind of strange drinking aged beer to be honest.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

If you can, try to source "Coopers Vintage Ale".
It comes from South Australia and is well worth the effort, it come with a 'best after' date.

Your Dad will be impressed !

Meantime ... cheers !

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Over here our ales and beers have 'best before' on them. Usually with food I ignore it but Im not sure about some that I have, in particular a couple of Marstons ales and a blue moon. Am I better disregarding?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper
Over here our ales and beers have 'best before' on them. Usually with food I ignore it but Im not sure about some that I have, in particular a couple of Marstons ales and a blue moon. Am I better disregarding?

The Fullers ale I drank had a rather high alcohol content, 8.5% give or take, probably more towards 9%.

If it's 5% or lower, it can go bad and even botulism can grow.
Most of the time, you'll be fine.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Going to look that up soon!
Here in Ontario Canada we have the LCBO, it's a government run agency that sells, well booze. I can go in there and ask them to order it in for me, but I know some items might never clear customs, that's the sad part.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You should be OK, it is all natural and brewed in the bottle ... from memory it's around the 7% mark.

Let us know how you go . Cheers !

new topics

top topics

join