It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DACA immigrants terrified as President Trump decides their fate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Logic fail.

It's not about logic. It's about appealing to and firing up his base. This is what they want.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Well, this policy isn't without its sacrifices.

I care about people, but we can't take care of everything for everyone. When does the responsibility of the parents come into this discussion?

Don't drag your children along with criminal behavior. I don't care about the specifics. That's up to the individuals involved.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Many use .......

Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN)

especially the ITIN

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
One thing I'm getting tired of real fast is Congress going on TV and crying about what the President might do. They are the ones who are at fault for not getting immigration reform done for over a decade now. DACA is most probably an Unconstitutional action that President Obama did because Congress can't pass anything meaningful. Now they want to whine about how big bad Trump is being mean? Congress has all the power to get a path for Dreamers and also get real Immigration Reform done. I don't care if they don't get a recess untill they get immigration, Healthcare, infrastructure and tax reform done. Work Congress like dogs till they do their job and pass legislation. No Thanksgiving break, no Christmas break get these things done! I'm tired of whiny do nothing politicians.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
That they don't says a lot, doesn't it?

That you don't know that they can't says a lot as well.

They can apply for a green card, same as anyone else. If they don't qualify, then they don't belong here. This nation isn't responsible for caring for the entire world.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You asked a question and I gave you the answer.

No need to shift goalposts.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You asked a question and I gave you the answer.

No need to shift goalposts.

Not shifting anything. People who aren't criminals, who speak the language, and are actually needed in some capacity, can apply for a green card. If some of these can't, then we don't need them here.
edit on 12-9-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

You asked why they have not applied for citizenship and now you have changed it to a green card, that is a shift in goalposts.

None of them could apply for citizenship.

ETA: Besides how likely is it that they will get a green card if they go home and apply with nothing to show what education or work experience they have and probably no money? Their only real chance is to stand their ground, which is what they are doing.

edit on 12-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You asked why they have not applied for citizenship and now you have changed it to a green card, that is a shift in goalposts.

None of them could apply for citizenship.

ETA: Besides how likely is it that they will get a green card if they go home and apply with nothing to show what education or work experience they have and probably no money? Their only real chance is to stand their ground, which is what they are doing.

A green card is a step toward becoming a citizen, and a legal means by which one can work and live in the United States, before that happens. If they can get one, they can then apply. That's not moving anything; that's pointing out how the system works. If their actions make them ineligible, then perhaps they should not be here. As a nation, we have zero obligation to accept any and all that demand to live in OUR country.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

If they can get one, they can then apply.

They can't, so your point is moot.

That's not moving anything; that's pointing out how the system works.

You asked a specific question then changed to another. That is a shift.

If their actions make them ineligible, then perhaps they should not be here. As a nation, we have zero obligation to accept any and all that demand to live in OUR country.

They shouldn't, but that has nothing to do with what you asked.

Your question implied that they had not because they were not interested. That is not true, the answer was because they couldn't. That is the answer, what is wrong with it?

edit on 27-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

If they can get one, they can then apply.

They can't, so your point is moot.

Then they don't belong here. People that are of benefit to the nation can get one.

If their actions make them ineligible, then perhaps they should not be here. As a nation, we have zero obligation to accept any and all that demand to live in OUR country.

They shouldn't, but that has nothing to do with what you asked.

Your question implied that they had not because they were not interested. That is not true, the answer was because they couldn't. That is the answer, what is wrong with it?

When we have people marching in our streets, waving flags from other nations, and claiming this land is "theirs", it's hard to believe they want to be citizens. They could cross the border and apply like anyone else. They choose to stay, illegally, then whine that their illegal status works against them now. I have no sympathy. They can blame their parents.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Then they don't belong here. People that are of benefit to the nation can get one.

Sure but that wasn't what you were asking about.

When we have people marching in our streets, waving flags from other nations, and claiming this land is "theirs", it's hard to believe they want to be citizens. They could cross the border and apply like anyone else. They choose to stay, illegally, then whine that their illegal status works against them now. I have no sympathy. They can blame their parents.

Whoever they end up blaming doesn't change the fact that they are not able to apply for citizenship so it wasn't because they didn't want to but because they couldn't.

I'm not even saying that that is good or bad it is just the answer to what you asked. Are you really that obtuse?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join