It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacramento To Pay Gang Bangers If They Stop Killing People

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
yes it helps from Gods point of view, meaning intervention could turn em, in the long run. But.....now stay with me on this....
they identify the perps....yes...yes

then......sign the muthers up....outta track their asses better...naw cant do that easily at all...idk
edit on 1-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Where do you sign up?
Would I need to have a history of killing people to get paid, is my word good enough?
Or would I have to drag in bodies to the interview?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Where do you sign up?
Would I need to have a history of killing people to get paid, is my word good enough?
Or would I have to drag in bodies to the interview?

You just live stream yourself about to kill somebody, then let them live and profit.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Ok.
I'm all set then.
I'm the banginest ganger that ever ganged a bang.
Imma make a killin at dis gig.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Ok.
I'm all set then.
I'm the banginest ganger that ever ganged a bang.
Imma make a killin at dis gig.

Make sure you're not white before setting off your endeavor.

I don't think it works for white people.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I am a mixed breed.
And I can hip hop. That's gotta be a plus.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I am a mixed breed.

Good.
But I wouldn't go around saying "I can hip hop".
Been around the block, and you are the first person I have ever heard say that they can hip hop. Just say you can move.
edit on 2017-09-01T20:49:10-05:002201701America/Chicago9 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Maybe it's good idea, who knows? If it has changed some people's lives before maybe it will again. Sounds more effective than ads/slogan campaigns that cost just as much.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

That would reduce incarceration costs, and also the immediate and long-term medical care cost associated with the victims who survive the shootings.

But once you start a program like that, greed will kick in. "Mr. Mayor, we now want $5 million a year, or we'll start gang-banging again".
edit on 9/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
And all this time I thought you couldn't put a price on life.

Seriously, I can see this working. Open different possibilities for those that would just give up. If it works it's WAY worth it. Better than $350/day to incarcerate.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It is a stupid idea.
I can't believe that this is actually being considered.
California...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
It is a stupid idea.
I can't believe that this is actually being considered.
California...

Chicago and Washington D.C. pay students to go to school and get decent grades. Scores and attendance have improved in both cities.

But I think gang-bangers would want more than $100 a month, for not shooting people.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It sounds like something they would do in California. I guess I should move there and get a gang together so I can make some serious cash. It would help supplement our Social security checks.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Gang bangers(newbies) are worse than already established gang members. Will do anything for street credit, taking the money will leave them with "snitches getting stitches". Goodluck with this, or it is just fully satire?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

I am a mixed breed.

Good.
But I wouldn't go around saying "I can hip hop".
Been around the block, and you are the first person I have ever heard say that they can hip hop. Just say you can move.

I can breakdance too.
Damn near broke my leg last week, and I wasn't even dancing.
edit on b000000302017-09-02T04:08:12-05:0004America/ChicagoSat, 02 Sep 2017 04:08:12 -0500400000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I wonder if the criminals will agree to the terms or will they try to defraud the government by still participating in criminal activity.

If this is true, I have no words that......

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If it works better than whatever isn't working now, why not? They're looking to reduce urban gun crime which we'd all agree is a good idea. They also want to increase education levels which usually reduces poverty and makes a lot of sense.

By working with and supporting a targeted group of individuals at the core of gun hostilities, Advance Peace bridges the gap between anti-violence programming and a hard-to-reach population at the center of violence in urban areas, thus breaking the cycle of gun hostilities and altering the trajectory of these men’s lives.

Advance Peace reduces gun violence, improves the general health and wellbeing of its Fellows, and increases public safety in the cities/neighborhoods where it is instituted. As a result of our efforts, Richmond, California, experienced a 60% reduction in firearm assaults causing injury or death between 2010 and 2016
Advance Peace

From another link.

In 2016, Advance Peace was launched as an independent entity and the City of Richmond recorded the lowest number of firearm assaults and homicides in more than four decades: a 71% reduction in firearm assaults causing injury or death from 2007 when ONS was created.

Depending on how accurate all that is, the programme seems to make a difference.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I find this rather odd.

The best way to combat gang activity, is to make it impossible for the gangs to earn money by way of their activities. Gangs, no matter what their name and origins are, generally exist because members of the same wish to earn money by way of criminal enterprise. Whether that is car theft, muggings, housebreaking, human trafficking, drug manufacture and distribution, the key here is that there is money to be made.

Many gangs earn the majority of their bread, by the sale of drugs, and by a long margin as well. By legalising a few drugs here and there in all localities, governments can destroy the financial underpinnings of a gang or number of them, especially if their revenue, as most do, relies on the sale of the drugs in question. Furthermore, legalising some drugs, means that people will be able to indulge in them without risking prosecution, making them far more appealing to most, than those drugs which have clear and serious legal implications, where possession is concerned, leave alone manufacture or distribution.

There simply is not enough money in all the other revenue streams put together, that most gangs operate, to make maintaining the groups cohesion and command structure a realistic proposition. When kids see gang members being the most broke, when they see them only in small number, and looking weak in the face of their place in the world being crushed and eradicated, rendered obsolete by canny legislative tinkering, those kids will not see someone to look up to, but someone who merely serves as an example of how not to go about life.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
They should be paid... paid to the fullest extent with some high speed lead.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If it comes to fruition,

I am sure the next step is pensions.

Mg

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join