It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
cut-throat business practices are the american way, you might agree its a little different than being a satanic member of a secret society

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't think so. I think it is decisively evil to smile, shake someone's hand, bull # for specified amount of time, make deal, all the while knowing you are going to screw that person over.

And that is how Bill Gates started his career. So then it comes down to your personal belief, did his 'evil' originate from:
a) The Devil himself!
b) Man is inherently bad.
c) Someone taught him how, and what to do specifically.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
I searched and couldnt find anything.

Where did you search? The bottom of a cereal box???

Just google "Bill Gates Biography"....Here, I'll do it for you.

www.google.com...

I think you'll find that Bill is nothing more that a savvy business man who saw the future of the computer age, and was able to get in on it before most others realized what he was doing.

Bottom Row LEft is Bill. See, he is human
Came from a family and everything...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To anyone who couldn't read my posts in black and white:

(1) The ASCII/devils number variants on Gates and his products are not mine. It says so.

(2) These are in my opinion topic-relevant entertainment value only, or take it up with the many websites who promote such junk.

(3) Read people's posts and try to attribute information to source, more often than not round here the poster is a messenger not an originator.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
I don't think so. I think it is decisively evil to smile, shake someone's hand, bull # for specified amount of time, make deal, all the while knowing you are going to screw that person over.

And that is how Bill Gates started his career. So then it comes down to your personal belief, did his 'evil' originate from:
a) The Devil himself!
b) Man is inherently bad.
c) Someone taught him how, and what to do specifically.

I sincerly pity you. what an awful perspective. Its a losers mentality to believe the only way people are successful is through evil or secret societies.
I'd guess you are a bitter underachiever looking for excuses ? or do you get too many bluescreens on your pc

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
NEW YORK (Reuters) — Microsoft founder and chairman Bill Gates and his wife Melinda are the most generous charitable donors in America, Business Week magazine said on Thursday, as the couple gave away or pledged a staggering $23 billion — more than half of their net worth.

nuff said. so all you losers shut up about gates, you disgust me, learn some respect!

[edit on 10-2-2005 by feyd rautha]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha
NEW YORK (Reuters) — Microsoft founder and chairman Bill Gates and his wife Melinda are the most generous charitable donors in America, Business Week magazine said on Thursday, as the couple gave away or pledged a staggering $23 billion — more than half of their net worth.

nuff said. so all you losers shut up about gates, you disgust me, learn some respect!

Really, this is the kind of material submitted in proof of a point that needs a link, a date, a reference point - isn't it?

Calling anyone who posts an opposing viewpoint a "loser" is not showing the respect you espouse they should show.

Anyway, the evidence is good - provide the source, redemption may be yours, LOL ...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Originally posted by warpboost
I searched and couldnt find anything.

Where did you search? The bottom of a cereal box???

No actually I searched ATS. I have read most of the stuff on good etc.. so you can keep your wise guy comments to youself.

I also wanted to ask about Tim Patterson who is the orginal programmer that wrote DOS and then sold it to Gates. I remember hearing that shortly after he sold DOS he commited suicide, but I haven't been successful in finding anymore info on that topic?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com... .htm

Reuters is not enough of a source for you???

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The point is to link in order to allow people to read the original article, not questioning the veracity of the source material.

Thanks for the friendly service to humanity.

Furthermore...

to have given away or pledged $23 billion is very philanthropic indeed. I wonder where the money has travelled between 2003 and now?

[edit on 10-2-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
cant find the link but i am sure it was a trustful source: after his death most of his money will not go to his children(though he will give them enought for a good life), but will also be used for the poor and especially the poor and innocent(children).

that should become a law in my opinion at least for the superrich. it would solve a lot of problems.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
feyd ratha, it already is a rule among the rich, if the money isn't yours, you have to give it back to the money cleaning laundromat, that is charitable organizations.

Shouldn't Bill Gates give back the money to the people he stole it from, such as countless consumers, or maybe to his over-worked employees?

But I'm only saying that because Microsoft turn down my application, and I got kicked out of Freemasonry on the same day! I am SO dejected...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

feyd ratha, it already is a rule among the rich, if the money isn't yours, you have to give it back to the money cleaning laundromat, that is charitable organizations.

Shouldn't Bill Gates give back the money to the people he stole it from, such as countless consumers, or maybe to his over-worked employees?

But I'm only saying that because Microsoft turn down my application, and I got kicked out of Freemasonry on the same day! I am SO dejected...

aaoooga aaooogha idiot alert !

Employees have historically flocked to Microsoft for its much-vaunted stock options. The company's stock has made an estimated 10,000 people millionaires in the Puget Sound area alone

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

thats my kinda overworked !!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Do you see your error in logic?

Bill Gates has the millions of 40 000 employees.

If good business sense makes someone rich in America, tell me how did George Bush Jr. get rich? By running companies into the ground, and getting bailed out, thats how. Time and time again, you only have to look for yourself.

I think they tried to keep a lid on the obvious nature of the computer-focused future, when IBM was issuing statements like how in the future, there would only be need for one computer.

And now, countless people will ask why I didn't name 'them' individually, specifically, and with direct proof...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I hate to bring this one back from the dead but I just stumbled across this which as you will see if pretty comical to say the least

www.davidicke.net...

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is this for real?

That is the headline of the page. Then it says the author is basically anonymous, so...

Its safe to say that it is easy to confuse people once you begin to profusely mix fact with fiction.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

There's no better proof that the money's not his, than the fact that his family (his kids) won't inherit the money.

Yeah, its him being a responsible parent, right...

The money will go back to the people who were billionaires long before they chose to let Bill into the club.

Any one who doesn't know how MS started, basically, all software was free in those days. That was the code that computers were used on. That everything would be shared.

Well, anyway, Bill basically stole DOS from another company. He 'bought' it from them legally enough, but he then re-sold its rights to IBM, making himself huge bank, and making MS a fundamental part of the PC revolution.

You seem to have a conspiracy theory against everybody and everything. Did it ever occur to you that, most of the time, the simplest explanation is the most logical one? Not everything in this world is a conspiracy against you or the masses, I hope you realize that. In fact, it's been shown that carrying out a successful conspiracy is much much harder than you silly theorists make it out to be.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by sebatwerk]

Unlike you and most masons on this board who believe in nothing, and would be the first to be fooled by conspirators. The masses will be fooled in many ways on every level.
I don't think Bill Gates is a conspirator for any secret society though. I do think he is a globalist though. I could always be wrong.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
In defense of Bill Gates, people print a lot of rubbish about him but one thing really grinds me up when people say he can't programme and that his success is due to cut throat businessness logic, or that he "stole" DOS etc..
Bill Gates invented the BASIC computer language which is the language that just about every modern programmer learnt as their first programming language on the old Tandy TRS80, Commodore 64 etc...
Microsoft has flourished because 19 of the original core team of 20 programmers STILL work for Microsoft today, the company has always been technology focussed etc..
Anyway its all on the web if you look hard and far enough, to be honest I believe quite the opposite - he really grinds up the "Establishment" because he genuinally "owes nobody" and even in the face of some of the ludicrass legal assults (eg. EOLAS) that literally 1000's of lawsuits lodged in unison agaist the company (less than 20 have been upheld) he has come away relatively unscathed.

...... well someone had to say it :-)

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by notmindcontrolled

Originally posted by sebatwerk
You seem to have a conspiracy theory against everybody and everything. Did it ever occur to you that, most of the time, the simplest explanation is the most logical one? Not everything in this world is a conspiracy against you or the masses, I hope you realize that. In fact, it's been shown that carrying out a successful conspiracy is much much harder than you silly theorists make it out to be.

Unlike you and most masons on this board who believe in nothing, and would be the first to be fooled by conspirators. The masses will be fooled in many ways on every level.

Actually, some of the masons in this forum believe in things which I find rather silly. Unfortunately it is YOU who is being fooled. Fooled by authors who make up fantastic stories to make your mind race and make you question what you've experienced in order to make a quick buck, and, ultimately, fooled by your own imagination. Your imagination makes you see things that aren't there; you will find conspiracies run as deep and far-reaching as your imagination will allow; Yes it is you who's being fooled.

Don't be mad at me because I approach conspiracy theories in a LOGICAL and RATIONAL way. Ignorance does not allow one to be logical or rational. It tugs at your emotions and prevents clear thinking. Deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"Are you tired of not getting the information you're look for on the net? Wasting time looking at ads? Tired of fighting about conspiracies? If you want to further the discussion about Conspiracy Theories, come to conspiranoia.greatboard.com... RESEARCHERS WELCOMED!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join