It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Supremacy is a big nothing burger

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Try dealing with the reality of the present.

But...what about Clinton? And abortion?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
KKK wore hoods and covered their faces, Antifa wears hoods and cover their faces, is it a coincidence being they both seem to be creations of the Democratic Party?

and you're the third

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's OK you obsorbed some of those Dixiecrats who became neoconservative. I also remember when republicans were for liberty, privacy, property rights etc...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe.

Did all the white supremacist haters just finish watching msnbc for their next thoughts.

Or can they actually manage to think for themselves?

link   

originally posted by: luthier

It's OK you obsorbed some of those Dixiecrats who became neoconservative. I also remember when republicans were for liberty, privacy, property rights etc...

That's true. Why aren't more conservatives against our government spying on us, smaller government, and property rights? Baffles me.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yet on ATS, the ones constantly making apologist threads for white supremacists are always on the right wing. Funny how that works, huh?

There have literally been dozens of threads here taking up for white supremacists since the Charlottesville protests, with people even taking up for literal neo-Nazis and their "free speech" rights at "Unite the Right" rallies. Yet we should ignore that because you think they're actually donating to the DNC? (facepalm)

Could you link me to any of those? I have yet to see any threads where anyone takes up for White supremacists, other than the free speech issue, which everyone on this site should be all about. Not saying it didn't happen, just that I didn't see it, and it sounds a bit far fetched.

If you admit you have seen some, then why are you asking me? I've been in quite a few of those threads with many of them being removed for violating the T&C. Just do a search and you should find more than enough. Also, the Confederates were openly white supremacist, yet you're saying you haven't seen threads taking up for them?

I also disagree that we should be taking up for their "free speech". I don't think free speech should cover threats, hate speech, terrorism recruitment, inciting of violence, or many other things. But apparently we're in disagreement on that.

And before people ridiculously claim the Confederacy wasn't white supremacist, check their declarations of secession (all of them are at the below link):
The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States.

This is from the State of Texas's declaration (in the above link):

Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated Union to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time.

And this:

They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States.

For years past this abolition organization has been actively sowing the seeds of discord through the Union, and has rendered the federal congress the arena for spreading firebrands and hatred between the slave-holding and non-slave-holding States.

By consolidating their strength, they have placed the slave-holding States in a hopeless minority in the federal congress, and rendered representation of no avail in protecting Southern rights against their exactions and encroachments.

And here's a gem from Mississippi's declaration of secession (also in the above link):

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization.

Now are we going to pretend that there aren't threads here that are supporting and being apologists for the confederacy? In 1863 William Tappan Thompson even referred to one version of the Confederate battle flag as the "white man's flag", even writing "As a people we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause."
en.wikipedia.org... (check the "Second flag: the "Stainless Banner" (1863–1865)" section)
edit on 1-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: screwed up link. grrr...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

That's true. Why aren't more conservatives against our government spying on us, smaller government, and property rights? Baffles me.

They wrote the spying bills, and expanded government at a higher rate than Obama their last run.
edit on 1-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

They wrote the spying bills, and expanded government at a higher rate than Obama there last run.

I know. I don't get it. Reagan was the last conservative to try to shrink government. No one even runs on that anymore except for the third party candidates.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You're a conservative right? So were segregationists. So were Klan members. The white nationalists, white supremacists, neo-Nazis, etc are voting with you. Try dealing with the reality of the present.

I wonder if he means the hypenated Americanisms.

Segregation.

I guess that makes all the entire left guilty too.

Democrats created the KKK so they were members.

They created the copperheads.

I wonder why the left likes to run around hating themselves so much.
edit on 1-9-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

William Tappan Thompson...

Yep.
The creator of the flag designated it a symbol of white supremacy and yet many here will continue to argue that it means "different things to different people"...

As if the creators own words are irrelevant to what it actually means.

I wonder how many Confederate flag flyers know about William Tappan Thompson's thoughts on the flag.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Just figuring out they are all guilty? Take your time you may need to sit down.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

Secret chats show Charlottesville organizers tried — but failed — to hide violent racism

www.rawstory.com...

We tried being understanding with you N*ggers’: SC lawmaker gets racist threat over Confederate monuments

www.rawstory.com...

'God Will Wipe Them Out': White Supremacist Preacher Promises 'Bloodshed' at Future Rallies “Peace has never been an option."

www.alternet.org...

That's just what was in my feeds this morning.
Then of course lets not forget Heather in Virginia who was murdered by a cowardly WS punk just two weeks ago.

K~

More,,,

Neo-Confederate Group That Was Out In Force In C’ville Embraces Violent Turn

talkingpointsmemo.com...
edit on 1-9-2017 by aethertek because: another example of klanazi violence

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Damn you're right.

It's white.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Some more guilty than others.

The evil that must not be spoken.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You should post copies of their "constitutions" as well, they clearly have the rights to slavery enshrined in those abominations to humanity.

K~

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Except a lot switched parties and became republicans so...

No.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

We're not "running around hating ourselves". We're running around hating what the pre-Civil Rights Movement Democrats did & are trying to undo the damage from it. You know, back when Sen Strom Thurmond was still a Democrat and he filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

We're also running around hating and trying to undo what the post-Civil rights Movement Republicans have done under the "Massive Resistance" program, the "Southern Strategy", and more. You know, when people like Strom Thurmond switched parties in 1964 to join the Republicans because he was against racial integration.

You keep focusing on who created the KKK & those groups, but you keep ignoring who aligns with those groups today. I wonder why? Look at the party platform for any KKK chapter right now and see which political ideology they align with. Why don't you mention that part? It was a freaking "Unite the Right" rally that reignited this crap in the first place, when conservatives were marching with literal Neo-Nazis to protest against the removal of that confederate monument.

See, I can admit what the Democrats did back then. I've never forgiven it & I doubt I ever will. But I can also admit who's clinging to their legacy right now, which is something you can't seem to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Except a lot switched parties and became republicans so...

No.

They never SWITCHED.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

We're not "running around hating ourselves". We're running around hating what the pre-Civil Rights Movement Democrats did & are trying to undo the damage from it. You know, back when Sen Strom Thurmond was still a Democrat and he filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

Damn glad you brought up CIVIL RIGHTS.

Funny thing bout those.

That fourthteenth that gives everyone the right to life,and liberty.

Means if a person wants to be a bigot.

NOT A DAMN THING you can do about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No they did. Especially in local gov.

But I get what your trying to say it just doesn't reflect reality.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join