It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Supremacy is a big nothing burger

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

Since Im prob twice your age and been through the 50's, 60's on up...my perceptions are based on being there to go through all the nonsense I have.

And Ive got through a lot from Kennedy assassination and riot and equal right marches.

Its ok...just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

What does naming them off your head have to do with anything. Domestic right wing terrorism is the second largest terror group in the us after Muslim terrorists.

How about the kkk guy who shot up the Jewish community center. Or the guy who stabbed and killed an anti supramacist protestor and killed him..

There was a su couple kidnapping blacks in PA I think and killing them.

There are something like 65 since 911. But I am afraid to check my facts on Google.

Ps just remembered the lousiana guy who shot up the theater, and the dude on the train stabbing people.

But honestly there are dozens in the past 10 years.

I seem to recall the guy whom killed those people in Louisiana was a teacher and We all know what party the majority of teachers fall into.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yet on ATS, the ones constantly making apologist threads for white supremacists are always on the right wing. Funny how that works, huh?

There have literally been dozens of threads here taking up for white supremacists since the Charlottesville protests, with people even taking up for literal neo-Nazis and their "free speech" rights at "Unite the Right" rallies. Yet we should ignore that because you think they're actually donating to the DNC? (facepalm)

Yes, and those who are the most virulently "white people are the enemy" are on the left. Funny how THAT works as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: neo96

You can't seriously believe that. Maybe you weren't talking about it, but don't assume everyone else lives in your own little bubble. Or have you already forgotten the "controversial" right wing terror report that came out in 2009 under Pres Obama? HERE

The FBI also had a report in 2008 that is literally titled "White Supremacist Recruitment of Military Personnel since 9/11" (here's the pdf). And that was under Dubya Bush. Even right here on ATS there were a lot of threads about it in 2015 after the Dylan Roof massacre. Remember how South Carolina removed the confederate flag after that & the uproar here surrounding it? I even made my first avatar as a dog "fertilizing" that flag in response to the situation.

yes in 2008 , wonder who was being elected President then?.. OH wait, it was the man who hated his way to the WH and called sides with the criminal class ......

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Only in your mind movie. It doesn't negate what white supremacist, skin heads, neo nazis think and do.

And can we just pick that group as our only concern without any other considerations, then give a pass to other thugs?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: seeker1963

It's OK you obsorbed some of those Dixiecrats who became neoconservative. I also remember when republicans were for liberty, privacy, property rights etc...

That's true. Why aren't more conservatives against our government spying on us, smaller government, and property rights? Baffles me.

Well, that is just plaint wrong BS, conservatives are the ones UPSET about loss of freedom (read my posts)... geeze, I wonder sometimes if people can chew gum and walk down the street but they can type tripe.....

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It was the same with supposed Communist sleepers in the U.S. during the height of the cold war. It was used to scare people, just like this white supremacy nonsense is. It boils down to the fact that it's easy to use the white supremacy nonsense to justify the leftist desires. Don't want illegals to vote? You're obviously a white supremacist.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: seeker1963

It's OK you obsorbed some of those Dixiecrats who became neoconservative. I also remember when republicans were for liberty, privacy, property rights etc...

That's true. Why aren't more conservatives against our government spying on us, smaller government, and property rights? Baffles me.

Well, that is just plaint wrong BS, conservatives are the ones UPSET about loss of freedom (read my posts)... geeze, I wonder sometimes if people can chew gum and walk down the street but they can type tripe.....

Maybe you are, and I'm a huge advocate of less govenment spying and the right to self defense, but most conservatives are too worried about the war on Christmas, antifa, Undoing anything Obama did whether it was good or bad, mexican Immigrants-legal or illegal etc. All the things that don't really matter.

And I'll even give you that a lot of Americans do care about smaller government etc, but they'ere more worried about Obama Care.

Conservative Politicians are the worst though. Of all the things any prominent conservative in congress, the senate and even Donald trump tackle or talk about...they never do anything to lower taxes, shrink government, or stop the government from spying on us.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: TheTory
White supremacy is nothing more than a thought. You cannot outlaw thoughts.

Nazism is nothing more than a thought.

It's true.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The KKK, Neo-Nazis, BLM, La Raza (The Race), Muslim Brotherhood, etc. are all separatist groups. The difference is the number of members in the separatist groups on the left far outnumber the number of members in the separatist groups on the right. The groups on the left, including Antifa, are funded by people like Soros, who happen to also be major donors to the DNC. Some claim that Soros even funds the KKK. People claim there is an Alt-Right & an Alt-Left but the major funders to the DNC also fund the Alt-Left, making them one and the same. There are @ 20-30 thousand KKK members nationwide. There are @ 20 thousand Antifa members in New York City alone. Also, The Neo-Nazis & the Muslim Brotherhood share many of the same beliefs regarding Nazism. Huma Abedin & Linda Sarsour have close ties with the Muslim Brotherhood, as well as, ties with Obama & Hillary.
edit on 2-9-2017 by JBIZZ because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
So I guess this guy is a "nothing burger" as well?

McVeigh frequently quoted and alluded to the white supremacist novel The Turner Diaries; he claimed to appreciate its interest in firearms. Photocopies of pages sixty-one and sixty-two of The Turner Diaries were found in an envelope inside McVeigh's car.

Wikipedia

He killed over 168 people and injured over 600 more when he blew up the OKC Federal building.

I doubt the families of those victims would call white nationalism a "nothing burger".

Exactly, I asked why McVeigh...who probably did more than that, wasn't on the list somewhere near the start or so, but the OP was tongue-tied up at the time I guess.
It was acknowledged by some, and more perceptive members here though....the only saving grace from a thread designed to whip up a mini-storm in those...as Sham says, only first heard about WS in 2017...as if WS is not bad enough now, even if it were so!
Now, since I am not an American or resident there, it is as plain as the nose on your face why the recent uprise in vocalising hate speech organisation has occurred, and there is no doubt about that, and it was done in rallies all around 'little' America,

"I'd like to smash him in the face",
"Get him out of here"
"If he tries to throw a tomato, kick him out..and don't be gentle with him"
"I'll pay for the lawyers" (chancer)

Only rhetoric Eh!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There are hundreds of neighborhoods around the US that are unsafe for white people to be in by themselves.

There is probably not a single neighborhood in the US that is unsafe for a colored person to be in by themselves.

Blacks murder thousands for whites per year, while whites murdering blacks per year most likely doesn't even crack the hundreds. Same for rapes. Thousand of white women are raped by black men per year while there is not even 100 rapes of black women by white men per year.

And idiots in the US are scared of white supremacy. Absolutely ridiculous.

White supremacy is not a problem nor has it been a problem for 40 or more years.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
a reply to: bastion

...they sent a few watchers, agent provocateurs, and general passers by to try and silence us but we wouldn't fall for violence, intimidation or attempts to provoke us into losing the ability to stay calm, collected and repaint the false picture many had of us (and us of them).

Is there enough involved in negating their attempts to "silence you" and avoid "falling for violence, intimidation or attempts to provoke you into losing the ability to stay calm" to fill a modest op? Is so, then why not author it? That would be a grand op and in the best traditions of ATS. Seems like you'd have experience and training that would benefit us all.

DO IT!

I agree! Would like to learn more bout what he has to share. Others on the fence here may benefit as well as those stuck on the wrong side.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

There is probably not a single neighborhood in the US that is unsafe for a colored person to be in by themselves.

A neighborhood in Hayden, Idaho offhand comes to mind. As does neighborhoods in Davie, Florida.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

A neighborhood in Hayden, Idaho offhand comes to mind. As does neighborhoods in Davie, Florida.

Isolated incidents or regular happening is the question?

Stuff happens in good neighborhoods but thugs and their friends in high places could care less about the facts of a case or the false claims being repeated no matter the facts if the narrative is pushed forward.

edit on 2-9-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yet on ATS, the ones constantly making apologist threads for white supremacists are always on the right wing. Funny how that works, huh?

There have literally been dozens of threads here taking up for white supremacists since the Charlottesville protests, with people even taking up for literal neo-Nazis and their "free speech" rights at "Unite the Right" rallies. Yet we should ignore that because you think they're actually donating to the DNC? (facepalm)

Could you link me to any of those? I have yet to see any threads where anyone takes up for White supremacists, other than the free speech issue, which everyone on this site should be all about. Not saying it didn't happen, just that I didn't see it, and it sounds a bit far fetched.

If you admit you have seen some, then why are you asking me? I've been in quite a few of those threads with many of them being removed for violating the T&C. Just do a search and you should find more than enough. Also, the Confederates were openly white supremacist, yet you're saying you haven't seen threads taking up for them?

I also disagree that we should be taking up for their "free speech". I don't think free speech should cover threats, hate speech, terrorism recruitment, inciting of violence, or many other things. But apparently we're in disagreement on that.

And before people ridiculously claim the Confederacy wasn't white supremacist, check their declarations of secession (all of them are at the below link):
The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States.

This is from the State of Texas's declaration (in the above link):

Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated Union to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time.

And this:

They demand the abolition of negro slavery throughout the confederacy, the recognition of political equality between the white and negro races, and avow their determination to press on their crusade against us, so long as a negro slave remains in these States.

For years past this abolition organization has been actively sowing the seeds of discord through the Union, and has rendered the federal congress the arena for spreading firebrands and hatred between the slave-holding and non-slave-holding States.

By consolidating their strength, they have placed the slave-holding States in a hopeless minority in the federal congress, and rendered representation of no avail in protecting Southern rights against their exactions and encroachments.

And here's a gem from Mississippi's declaration of secession (also in the above link):

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization.

Now are we going to pretend that there aren't threads here that are supporting and being apologists for the confederacy? In 1863 William Tappan Thompson even referred to one version of the Confederate battle flag as the "white man's flag", even writing "As a people we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause."
en.wikipedia.org... (check the "Second flag: the "Stainless Banner" (1863–1865)" section)

Dixies secret

americancivilwar.com...

Black Slave owners... no sir it was about freedom to do what you wanted including having slaves like the entire rest of the planet at that time. They were born into it not inventors of it is what you guys are missing out. PLUS the USA stopped it in its tracks, we all should be PROUD, not acting like ingrates to this country that was stopping what was wrong.

edit on 2-9-2017 by Justoneman because: ETA

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

having slaves like the entire rest of the planet at that time.

Uh...what?

1777 - Vermont abolishes slavery.

1811 - Spain abolishes slavery, including in all of it's colonies.

1833 - Great Britain abolishes slavery, including in all of it's colonies.

1846 - All slaves in the Danish West Indies are freed, by law.

1848 - France abolishes slavery.

1858 - Portugal abolishes slavery in all of it's colonies.

And nearly all of those countries outlawed the slave trade before they outlawed slavery itself.

So...no, the "entire rest of the world" was not still in the slavery business. Yes, the south went to war for "the freedom to do what they wanted." And a big thing they wanted to do was keep slavery, unlike most of the rest of the civilized world.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Black Slave owners... no sir it was about freedom to do what you wanted including having slaves like the entire rest of the planet at that time. They were born into it not inventors of it is what you guys are missing out. PLUS the USA stopped it in its tracks, we all should be PROUD, not acting like ingrates to this country that was stopping what was wrong.

'Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth.'
That statement only consolidates what everyone knew at the time, that it was pitifully wrong, even if Jesus was a slave owner. Freedom of this, and freedom of that, and even shout about it today, just because some dick doing the constitution orated on freedom of speech, while knowing full well other freedoms was not what they, the makers wanted, that being the validity of a single vote, and democracy...God forbid said they.
It's wonderful how unqualified catchphrases stick in the mind, especially if it's written down.

Thing is, we still haven't kicked what was known in our terms as the Feudal System, parameters may have changed, but the power bloc ideology is the same....for the obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Justoneman

having slaves like the entire rest of the planet at that time.

Uh...what?

1777 - Vermont abolishes slavery.

1811 - Spain abolishes slavery, including in all of it's colonies.

1833 - Great Britain abolishes slavery, including in all of it's colonies.

1846 - All slaves in the Danish West Indies are freed, by law.

1848 - France abolishes slavery.

1858 - Portugal abolishes slavery in all of it's colonies.

And nearly all of those countries outlawed the slave trade before they outlawed slavery itself.

So...no, the "entire rest of the world" was not still in the slavery business. Yes, the south went to war for "the freedom to do what they wanted." And a big thing they wanted to do was keep slavery, unlike most of the rest of the civilized world.

Well said, is falls immaculately into what I said before. My applause...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They haven't the infrastructure money or international governmental support at all to be anything but an incidental sideshow like Antifa or BLM.
Soros isn't THAT rich.
Yes some are vets who'd BEST keep their racism a secret or face excommunication or a DAMN good palpating.
edit on 2-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join