It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbes accuses Trump of treason

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Forbes must be really hurting financially. Too bad. It was once a respectable publication.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zikzak

Will the brain damage of the Leftists ever be reversed?
I give it about a 1% chance.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There's actually a pretty 'meaty' idea hidden in there
half way towards the end
but you'd need to read ...

The punchline is the last paragraph !
Cheers OP

...the CIU -- comprised of 2,200 special units who chase tax cheats, unearth white collar crime, and, yes, carry a gun -- is the only federal agency that is permitted to investigate potential criminal violations of the tax law, a sign that Mueller may be ready to take aim at what is perhaps the President's most well-guarded secret: his tax returns.

As a reminder, despite campaign promises to the contrary, President Trump has broken from long-standing tradition and steadfastly refused to make his tax returns public.

Understand, however, that the IRS may never need look at the President's return in order to close its case.

It could, for example, examine the tax returns of those close to Trump, namely his former campaign CEO Paul Manafort, who Mueller's team is reportedly attempting to "flip" in hopes of gathering evidence against the current administration.

There have been rumors -- cited in the Daily Beast article -- that Manafort may have failed to disclose his foreign investments on his tax return, a process that requires the simple checking of a box.

The Criminal Investigation Unit is not limited to reviewing tax forms in hopes of finding a stray unchecked box or suspicious deduction; however, it has a broad reach that extends well beyond the traditional tax realm.

For example, when CIU agent Jeff Novitsky began what some called a 'crusade" against steroid users in baseball in the early 2000s, he was able to expose Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and Alex Rodriguez as cheats -- and obtain an obstruction of justice conviction against Bonds for lying to a grand jury -- by first investigating the steroid producer for money laundering.

If you're wondering why President Trump doesn't simply kill the investigation by appointing a trusted associate as the head of the Tax Division -- a group within the Justice Department that would be required to approve any charges brought against the President -- well, it turns out he could have, but never did.

As the Daily Beast points out, the President has neglected to appoint an Assistant Attorney General to the Tax Division, a move that he may come to regret as Mueller and the Criminal Investigation Unit dig deeper into the President's financial affairs.

because: Forbes, of all publications !

edit on 1/9/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
"Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own."

That won't stop this thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Duh duh duh duh duh duhdhuhhdhudh...

From someone who doesn't agree with you, YET isn't brain damaged and not willing to disclose political beliefs due to name calling if I actually was an adherent to something you don't like.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Terminal1
Here we go again...

This will be better than cat videos on YouTube. I do love ATS.

/popcorn

I say thee, NAY!!!

Cat videos will be forever. Trump is just a guy who likes to sell hats. Truck Stops sells hats. Therefore, Cat videos>truck stops>=Trump.

That cat is obsessed with long johnsons....

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
You Americans wont stop this Russian nonsense till the world is a radioactive wasteland will you the whole galaxy is in amazement at your stupidity.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
You Americans wont stop this Russian nonsense till the world is a radioactive wasteland will you the whole galaxy is in amazement at your stupidity.

The whole galaxy?

Man, that's awesome.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Call it manifest destiny

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If Attorney General Sessions wasn't so susceptible to being blackmailed, CNN would have been charged with high Treason months ago.

edit on 9/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
TRANSLATION: A liberal -- against Trump by default -- has pronounced his opinion.

Stop the press, people.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
TRANSLATION: A liberal -- against Trump by default -- has pronounced his opinion.

Stop the press, people.

What's ironic and sad is that the people in power...those who can DO MORE than merely spout meaningless opinions, are do-nothing wimps.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They can give Russian diplomats 24 hours to leave at the same time they have 200,000 men and 1500 tanks on the move

US foreign policy

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What's wrong with being rich?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Not formally.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Forbes can S a D

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And be never getting off the Trump bandwagon!! We the drivers

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You must have read a different article than me. All I see is Forbes summarizing the allegations.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If Attorney General Sessions wasn't so susceptible to being blackmailed, CNN would have been charged with high Treason months ago.

Not while the US Constitution is still in place.

It's really easy to see who the enemies of America are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join