It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Is Hell [AAM2017] non-writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
War is hell ... it's an old saying among people, and like most old sayings it has endured all this time because it is true. Most people that have lived through a war never want another one ... and the very few that do simply don't know how to live without one.

There were battles, skirmishes, angry uprisings, and every other word and phrase that describes such events going on simultaneously on almost every landmass on Earth ... some locations worse than others, as it has always been throughout human history. And like so many times before, most of the current events were started simply by differing beliefs held in mind by the opposing groups of people ... beliefs, just ideas and stories ... mental constructs that people appear to create for themselves to either try to understand things they are currently not capable of understanding or to control those around them to a level that they themselves are able to mentally keep up with ... and when one wasn't able to force their story upon another it often escalated to physical violence, over and over and over ... incidents growing larger day by day. It is actually quite interesting how these emotions are so contagious among people and how so many get swept up in the current created by those around them ... almost a hive mentality but lacking the high level communication that is typically inherent therein, keeping them ... primal ....

Like most mornings the battles surrounding the devastated city of Aleppo created a flowing tide of dust and death. Long range artillery was raining from the sky from all six factions that were invested in this particular conflict while the armored vehicles and ground forces scurried about attempting to find cover amidst the rubble and toppled buildings. The Ti'ashan'ii scout ships came in fast from the east utilizing the rising sun's blinding brilliance to mask their approach. A short distance out they were spotted and it was as if the entire region was put on pause for a scant few seconds as all warfare ceased and the combatants looked on slack jawed at the dozens of strange ships advancing upon them at speed ... fear took over and the firing commenced, haphazardly at everything that moved. None of the combatants recognized the oncoming ships so each assumed it was a new type of craft the enemy was utilizing against them and as such the artillery, as well as the ground forces, was put forth toward the waves of crafts rapidly approaching ... to no avail. The artillery shells appeared to bounce harmlessly off the air surrounding the vessels until they exploded on contact with the buildings and ground below. The commandants of each respective faction were emphatically attempting to contact their superiors to gain and relay intel, and the chatter back was that similar events were taking place on every inhabited landmass on the planet that they had been in direct contact with ... Chicago, Philadelphia, DC, Juarez, Odessa, Caracas, Gaza, Kandahar, Burma, .... and that the vessels were definitely unlike any aircraft known to mankind ... A cold panic enveloped the minds throughout each faction, and in each respective language the minds conjured the word ... INVASION ....

The Ti'ashan'ii began to slow their advance, with the exception of two dozen craft on the outer edges of the formation which individually peeled off toward the long range artillery posts. Calls were frantically put forth to the posts to evacuate and regroup with the ground forces. Seconds later the radio contact with the posts turned to static. Several low pitched tones rang out through the valley from unseen spots in the surrounding highlands followed shortly by the returning Ti'ashan'ii crafts. Upon regrouping, the entire squadron began to circle the the area in a slow counter-clockwise three craft wide concentric formation. The ground forces still firing their weapons in a frenzy toward the waves of crafts as well as each other began to scatter in a panic. One ship began to slowly descend from out of the center of the squadron. The ground forces that remained concentrated their fire upon the descending ship, the din from the tanks and armored vehicles deafened the valley. The ship halted it's descent as the shells from below continued to deflect off the air surrounding it, and then would explode on impact after falling back toward whence them came. After a few seconds the vessels began to rise in unison straight up away from the valley. Soldiers screamed into their radios to their respective commands describing what they were seeing and that the ships looked to be retreating, not being able to hear any responses due to the deafening percussion of their own war orchestra.

Once the ships were out of range the firing halted, and some voices were audible responding back through the radios. Similar results were occurring close by in Gaza and Odessa, the armies there received the intel of concentrating fire upon the lone descending ship once they began to circle. The casualties on the ground were many, felled by their own instruments after deflecting away from the crafts ... but repeatedly the Ti'ashan'ii ceased their descent, reversed course and raised straight up through the clouds into the blueness of the sky. The generals were quick to brazenly declare themselves victorious while others grasped for understanding ... who are they ? ... where else is this happening ? ... have they landed anywhere ? ... has anyone seen them fire a single shot yet ? ... do we deserve this ? ...

Upon reaching the correct altitude above the remains of Aleppo the Ti'ashan'ii flew in the direction of the morning sun, away from the dusty brown death below them toward the bright blue of the great seas that caress this planet. The next objective was a lush green land area after the blue. Upon visual confirmation of the landmass the squad lowered speed and altitude, then setting coordinates for the destination, the cluster known as Hyderabad. As a Seeker I was aware of some of the history of this general region, as I had been asked by The Minds to research the various regions our squad had been chosen to announce our presence to. I held a particular curiosity for a few regions, this being one of them, for the distinctly atypical belief patterns that had been born and taken seed in the not distant past. Ti'ashan'ii has studied these humans for many cycles, as with all lifeforms we encounter. The Minds came to understand that aggression was the language of Earth humans ... not the language of their mouths, of which they have many for audible communication purposes ... but the language of their being, their inherent existence ... and then there are the notable exceptions, the sects that consciously denied to be ruled by the 'reptilian brain', as they call it ... the Jains and Buddhists interested me greatly. To successfully create and apply a belief structure that directly opposes the impulses that dictate the rest of the Earth humans ... fascinating ... The Minds agreed that within their sects it may be possible to find one.

-to be continued-
edit on 1-9-2017 by UncleSoze because: must have bumped the wrong button while trying to type

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
-continuing-

Some distance out from the destination various smaller settlements were seen, and as it had been agreed upon with The Minds the squad slowed and began to encircle populated areas ... it was felt that the slow concentric circle pattern may eventually have the intended twofold effect, initially the slow speed implies a non-aggressive intent whereas high speeds cause their minds to race and panic, and secondly that the circle itself is a natural symbol of unity throughout the populated sections of the traveled galaxies including here on Earth ... nevertheless it was also known that it may take them quite some to understand this first message let alone any chance of reciprocation. The optic monitors confirmed expectations, they were afraid and scurried away into their structures. Continued presentations were made throughout the populated areas on the way to Hyderabad with comparable results. The Ocular signaled to me to view a specific coordinate on the optic monitor. Upon viewing the Ocular's observation was verified, there was a small human in the middle of a green field that was not vacating the area ... nor acting aggressively. The squad slowed until reaching the position over the green field, then proceeded to form the concentric circle pattern ... the human raised it's arms toward the circling crafts and began to spin in unison ... the lead vessel proceeded to slowly descend through the center of the rings of circling crafts ... the small human began to laugh and bounce while spinning ... as the sole craft set down the small human ceased to spin, then knelt down and began to pluck some of the small colorful foliage that was growing amidst the greenery in this area. The airlock equalized pressure then opened, and I stepped forward onto Earth.

The small human appeared to be a female youth and moved forward with a bouncing gait, colorful foliage in hand.
"That was so pretty, the circles ... these flowers are pretty too, do you like them ?" she asked while extending the colorful vegetable matter in her hand toward my direction.
"Yes young one, the flowers are pretty. Grace to you with sharing." as I bowed toward her with palms open facing upward.
"You are funny" she giggled, moving closer she looked intently at me "Your eyes sparkle pretty, like dancing rain ..."
Slowly gesturing towards the circling crafts "We are Ti'ashan'ii, and have traveled from the stars to meet you."
"My name is Arushi ... I like you dancing rain ..." she said smiling, hugging her flowers.
"Grace to you Arushi" I replied then sat upon the ground amidst the flowers. Briefly closing my eyes to make contact with The Minds I conveyed the message 'ONE CONFIRMED - KHARDA'.

Arushi told me stories of her family and of her joy of dancing in the fields with the flowers. She said the grown ones did not dance anymore and that they had forgotten how to be happy like she and the other children were. This observation prompted me to convey the message 'LOOK TO YOUTH FOR TWO'. Briefly pondering Arushi's observation of the elders of the Earth humans brought a new perspective, that the aggressive language of the Earth humans was possibly a learned behavior, not an innate one ... 'VIABLE TWO IN PROGRESS - HUNAN' .... 'VIABLE THREE IN PROGRESS - BRASILIA' ... the messages were coming in, the answer appeared indeed to be found with the young ... with them communication is possible, with them advancement is possible ... once seven have been confirmed it could begin ... and in time maybe the Earth humans could allow the old sayings of war and hell fade into their history, as they would no longer have need of them.

THE END

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oh, its fiction.

Right now, real world, similar things are occuring inside the country of iraq, city of Raqqa.. The official story would have us believe the fighting is over, said so...

Far from it.

There are a thousand 'terrs' holed up, using twenty thousand 'trapped' civilians as human shields. Opposing "Coalition" army has thirty five thousand troops surrounding them, holding them , while "coalition " bombs rain down, over a thousand airstrikes in the area so far, pounding the rubble, denying anyone escape or refuge, ... not attacking, just a siege of troops and a rain of bombs, squeezing, crushing, draining the life blood and destroying the city.

The longer this goes on the more profit for the factories of war, and the more profit to rebuild one more city in Iraq.

This is not Okay.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This was moving.
Very sad but with hope at the end.

Rings true, unfortunately, peace for the future does not lie in the hands of this generation.

Really well written...just enough descriptive parts. I like to see stories in my head

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleSoze

Great imagery

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

agreed, the reality that far too many are fighting to live through wars on their doorsteps should never be tolerated.
It is sad that humanity has not yet discovered how to agree upon simple basic things ... like not murdering each other

That said, thanks much for reading my story ... please give the others in this contest a read as well, they are all excellent

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Like you said War is hell. (thread bump)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Much thanks

I hoped to strike a chord with that angle, since there is so much sadness in the world right now but there is also always hope and a better future that goes right along with it.

roughly halfway through writing this I was torn between staying serious and flying off on a comic tangent ... maybe after the contest I will release the director's cut/alternate ending where it ended up just being a bunch of Space Cajuns cruising the galactic neighborhood looking for good sausage recipes

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thank you

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Nice one Soze! I enjoyed it

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Damn, yours is so much better than mine!

Loved the "percussion of their war orchestra", lovely turn of phrase.

S&F.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thanks much, although I think yours has a much more personal touch

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Haha...I would like to read the directors cut too

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Very nice story and so sweet at the end.
I hope there is hope for the future.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks TNMockingbird, I really appreciate it
There is always hope for the future

top topics

join