It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns North Korea situation on verge of large scale conflict

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
North Korea isn't backing down on their lust for war and domination.

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin warned on Friday that the tense standoff between North Korea and the United States was on the verge of large-scale conflict and said it was a mistake to try to pressure Pyongyang over its nuclear missile program.

Putin, who is due to attend a summit of the BRICS nations in China next week, wrote in an article published on the Kremlin’s web site ahead of his trip that he favored negotiations with North Korea instead.

North Korea has been working to develop a nuclear-tipped missile capable of hitting the United States and has recently threatened to land missiles near the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam.

On Monday, Pyongyang, which sees joint war games between the United States and South Korea as preparations for invasion, raised the stakes in its stand-off with the United States and its allies by firing an intermediate-range missile over Japan.

www.reuters.com...
ed it on 1-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Putin eats Pizza.

Not interested in war.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Negotiations in tbe past have amounted to extorting money from the US ... 25 years worth.

The tactic used by his father and grand dad before him has dried up.

It seems that Trump os now considering the rhetoric and is dismissing it.

Time for NK to put up or shut up.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I don't think the guy is losing it, he never had it to begin with. The fact that he's attempting to go up against a super power is proof. Insane is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I think most of the world leaders are insane but, they're so much better at hiding it thats all.
edit on 1-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
with other worldly tech, the states will pop em before they get off the launch vehicle...but it has to remain unseen till then,

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin warned on Friday that the tense standoff between North Korea and the United States was on the verge of large-scale conflict and said it was a mistake to try to pressure Pyongyang over its nuclear missile program.

Putin, who is due to attend a summit of the BRICS nations in China next week, wrote in an article published on the Kremlin’s web site ahead of his trip that he favored negotiations with North Korea instead.

North Korea has been working to develop a nuclear-tipped missile capable of hitting the United States and has recently threatened to land missiles near the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam.

On Monday, Pyongyang, which sees joint war games between the United States and South Korea as preparations for invasion, raised the stakes in its stand-off with the United States and its allies by firing an intermediate-range missile over Japan.

www.reuters.com...

Sorry, but what lust for war and domination?

Nonsense.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

He is trading on the bluff and bravado of the past, which has seen money thrown in NK's direction in the name of humanitarian considerations.

If humanitarian considerations are to be considered from now forth ... it will have to be at the despot leaderships demise.

Hell those poor folk have done it far tougher than those caught up in the holocaust !

No oil ?

It must be for the people of NK .. an entire humanity belonging to this country.

Hitler was less aggressive !

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

The one in their heads of course. And that photo was a bit of a tongue in cheek.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

From what we've been shown, it's a hell hole. But what I also know is that you can only suppress a people for so long before they snap. With leaks coming in from the south there's enough of them to know that how they're being led as a country by their leader is wrong.

A backlash is most definitely coming.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

A civil uprising would be the best outcome for sure.

I fear the threat of whole families paying the ultimate price will keep them in check. That is unless they go full scale and burned if We do or tortured if we don't ... lets roll ! Type of ethos.

Problem is these peoples have been conditioned since birth.

America is the enemy. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
with other worldly tech, the states will pop em before they get off the launch vehicle...but it has to remain unseen till then,

Sounds good but reality is such a bitch. The fact is, no matter how good we are or how good we think we are, NK will have the opportunity to wreck destruction on at least SK before they are shut down and potentially millions of innocent people are going to die. And as 'justified' as we believe such an action to be, the rest of the world is going to do an abrupt about-face when they see the carnage and deprivation we've caused. This situation is not nearly as black-and-white as the 'Call of Duty' crowd would have you believe.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

There's no way to prevent the innocent from being hurt or killed, either way, most of them would probably give their lives for the freedom of their Children if there was an ounce of hope given to them to rid themselves of their monsterus dictator.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

No matter how lunatic the NK leaders may be, talking of "lust for war and domination" is the biggest hypocrisy/propaganda/belief in US exeptionalism you could come up with.

Understanding North Korea

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Really? Did you read what the SK President said about any US action?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

No.
I meant their leader Kim young un. It's his lust, his greed and his psychotic distortion of reality, not his victims.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yes the Asian 'pivot' is proceeding to war in Asia. They are closing the Russian 'Consulate' in San Fransisco. Okay, but why San Fransisco, why not some other?

Because from just about anywhere in the city one can observe ocean vessels coming and going thru the 'golden gate', especially including Naval vessels.

Wouldn't want any foreign (spy) diplomats seeing that.

As an aside, yes I agree we are going to war in the Pacific. There is lots of additional activity at Moffett "Federal" Airfield in the South Bay Area. For instance, yesterday alone, I saw four F18 fighters in the landing approach path. I'd go there and look at the flight line but thats illegal, I would be arrested and detained for suspicion of terrorist activity. Combined wth my antiwar stance here, they would surely accuse me of some Trumped up charge or other, like dissent and freedom of speech.

edit on 1-9-2017 by intrptr because: change

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I was under the impression SK hated Kim yong un and we're allies to the west?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Were you told to say that? Are you a main stream political analyst, telling everyone that lil Korea threatens the whole world?

Yah well thanks, 'inside out back to front avatar', most people here know the truth.

Yankee go home.
edit on 1-9-2017 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes I wrote that.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Negotiations and Sanctions have proven to be ineffective, let him unleash in desperation ?

Demand China do sometbing ?

The Soviets and Chinese must laugh at this schoolyard trash talk ... unless they see how easily it can blow up !

Causing global misery !

Not just nukes ! Finance markets will instantly react with a negative global flow on effect, backed by our trusty MSM 😎

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join