It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Fry the bacon. Last I checked this country was supposedly not under the rule of an occupying force.

It would be humorous if not terrifying how the guy totally loses it as soon as he hears he is making a huge mistake and 'no.' How do guys like this even operate in the real world?

'Respect my authoritah!!!' - Cartman. I guess thats how.
edit on 1-9-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
when ya see that happening before your etes ya quickly accidently get bumped by him because you werent aware...with the coffee kitchenette pepper bottle and you were still putting the lid on man....and dang....I's.....apologize but you have a family emergency....bye...haul azz....stairs to the parking lot and gone

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

God help that officer if he should ever need emergency medical care in the future. He is done.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Disgusting.
Even if fired, which is doubtful, he will not face any repercussions.

Lawsuits don't affect him, only the city.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Disturbing.If He treats a professional nurse like that,imagine what Family life is like with that POS..
edit on 1-9-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

God help that officer if he should ever need emergency medical care in the future. He is done.

No, medical personnel have honor and dedication. My exwife a beautiful Hispanic woman and nurse, patched up racist Texan drunks even while they called her a "beaner" "spick" and "spicy little whore"
edit on 1-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Its made the National news now.
There's more than enough evidence for Federal Civil Rights Investigation.
This is total Bravo Sierra, you could never get a conviction, let alone get the D.A. to even prosecute.

Buck

A spokesperson for the Salt Lake City Police says the department is alarmed by what happened and is working with the hospital to make sure it never happens again, according to NBC News.
The mayor of Salt Lake City says the nurse's arrest is completely unacceptable. Mayor Jackie Biskupski says it’s a troubling setback to efforts to train officers to de-escalate situations rather than use force. Utah Gov. Gary Herbert also weighed in Friday, saying in a tweet that the footage is disturbing and he trusts police will rectify the situation.

www.usatoday.com...[/url]

edit on 1-9-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I hope that she sues them until they bleed.

I hope that stupid, a$$hole cop who doesn't know the law loses his job.

If she sues them it won't be enough to be a deterrent and that cop will go on paid temporary leave at worst.

This is such crap.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
She was also a former Olympic athlete, she was taken into physical custody and transported to the station where she was released WITH NO CHARGES FILED.

They are screwed as far as civil litigation goes.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
WaPo is reporting (as of about an hour ago) that the Salt Lake County District Attorney has requested a criminal investigation be opened in regard to the actions of the officer. The PD's chief has agreed with the request, and will request an outside agency conduct the investigation.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It will not stop ( law ? )
I am sure George Washington sat with his buddies and said ( Yea but it is against the Kings law to fight back we should sue them .
The sue you generation started way back in 1985 .
City's counts and states have payed millions to the VICTIMS Of there lawlessness .
You can go back all they way to 1960ds and see cops killing people just because they can .
If i Listed every Unlawful cop killing in Even the last ten years it would fill ten pages .
And so many are still saying its just a few bad apples .

Let me give you a what if .
you are at home in bed a criminal brakes in and you hear them going through your kitchen looking for drugs .
Now this criminal DOES NOT want to run into you he just wants a fix .
So you call the cops .
Cops come They already think there is a criminal who may be armed there GUNS ARE PULLED .
so they step into your DARK home excepting any moment to be under attack .
So who is more likely to KILL you ? The criminal who just wants a fix and hopes NOT to see you or the cop whos thinking I mite need to kill someone with his gun drawn ?

Think it can not happen ? well it has and does ! Think it cant be you? well random events are random and you could very well be the next event . So before you call a cop BE SURE to protect your self FROM .
Stand in a BIG OPEN Spot of lights all around you Saying loud I am the one who called .

But even that may not be enough just look at the poor women in CA who was in her jamys and already talking to them .

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The officer that was coercing the nurse in the police car tipped his hand. This whole thing was because the police were chasing someone who hit the truck driver. They need something to divert the blame from the police to the truck driver. Truck driver's probably have some "speed" in their blood, right?

He told the nurse that the truck driver killed the guy the police were chasing. The guy was basically saying, give us the blood, and if we're violating the law, which they were, the judge will throw out the evidence. What he fails to say is that, if the truck driver's blood shows drugs, he'll be arrested and partially blamed for the accident. He'll have to hire a lawyer to defend him and have that evidence thrown out.

If the truck driver never wakes up, that makes it even easier for the police to cast blame away from themselves.

Bad cops! Bad! Bad! Bad!

You're probably spot on.

My star finger feels icky now.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

This is what should happen:

1. Any and all changes should be dropped.

2. A**hole cop should be fired.

3. A**hole cop should be charged with some form of Battery or Assault.

4. A**hole cop should be sued.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
WaPo is reporting (as of about an hour ago) that the Salt Lake County District Attorney has requested a criminal investigation be opened in regard to the actions of the officer. The PD's chief has agreed with the request, and will request an outside agency conduct the investigation.

That guy must have more than something going on, you can hear that radio advisory, saying it's a mistake..presumably to mean not to continue, you can hear the nurse telling the police present..more than one, that the given procedure was an agreement, again presumably between medical staff and police, yet that guy goes off on a bender with rough treatment and no respect for someone. It would have been nice if the other policeman had offered advice in some form, he is bound to have known in the conversation going on that the arresting cop was OTT.
If I was his Da...and I am not a violent person, never hit kids or stuff like that, but to see someone abusing power...feck!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That guy must have more than something going on, you can hear that radio advisory, saying it's a mistake..presumably to mean not to continue, you can hear the nurse telling the police present..more than one, that the given procedure was an agreement, again presumably between medical staff and police, yet that guy goes off on a bender with rough treatment and no respect for someone. It would have been nice if the other policeman had offered advice in some form, he is bound to have known in the conversation going on that the arresting cop was OTT.
If I was his Da...and I am not a violent person, never hit kids or stuff like that, but to see someone abusing power...feck!

He's a prick. That's what's going on.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
a reply to: Bone75

This is what should happen:

1. Any and all changes should be dropped.

2. A**hole cop should be fired.

3. A**hole cop should be charged with some form of Battery or Assault.

4. A**hole cop should be sued.

5. A**hole cop should be strung up in public and given 50 lashes.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic
As far as I'm concerned that cop is kidnapping her, he's completely outside the bounds of the law. The other witnesses there should have physically restrained him, made a citizens arrest, and charged him with assault and attempted kidnapping.

Great idea! Now tell me what you're supposed to do about all of the other "good cops" there watching this happen?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I hope they look into the two police officers that blocked her path as she was backing up and pushed her back towards the attacking detective, that should have known better.

I am sure he knew he was wrong. He was angry, wanted to save face in front of his boys, and was playing macho cop.

Now he sits home getting paid while they police department tries to do damage control, and drags it out long enough for the people to forget about her and go on to the next case, which shouldn't take too long to pop up.

At least the nurse is alive. Can't say the same about Justine Damon.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
American police need better training. This is a good example on how not to do things. Are the American police out to make people disrespect them?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
American police need better training. This is a good example on how not to do things. Are the American police out to make people disrespect them?

They get very good training. The problem with this a**hole is that, clearly, he's a f'ing hothead.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join