It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Looks like at the end you can see her uncuffed out of the car. Looks like they talked some sense into this guy. This is one of the cases where I would love for the Officer to be punished.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Just read this article. The cop doesn't know or care about the law. I certainly hope that there is some sort of civil suit to educate this LEO...how can he uphold the law if he thinks that *HE* is the law?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Good on her!! As an RN myself I would have done the same thing. We are patient advocates, we are protectors. Without a doctors order that cop would have to beat me unconscious first. This woman had balls bigger than most men. Promote her to Director of Nursing of that facility.
Sad truth is the board of nursing might not renew her license depending on if the charges stick.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Poor nurse will not be poor nurse for long. I smell millions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Cop probably put on desk job or early retirement.

...or promoted

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
It's unfortunate that you think this way. This particular idiot not included, and should be fired immediately. They are caring helpful cops who give all to society, dealing with the worst in it. Thats a broad brush you have, much like the racist that says all of one group of people are bad due to the actions of a few.a reply to: andy06shake

I keep reading about these good cops, but in 36 years I have never met one. All I know from police is cruel victimization at worst and petty harassment at best. For what it's worth I'm a clean shaven, fit,professional white male. I can only imagine how young black citizens with hip hop taste and style must feel. Cops do more harm than good. I wish we could just open carry and police ourselves. I know it'll never happen. Don't bother replying how stupid that idea is.
edit on 1-9-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

As a lifelong martial artist and wrestling coach I have met a lot of good cops. They are usually the ones paying to train on their own time, going to three gun races and staying sharp and former military not failed military dropouts.

I coached wrestling for years with a buddy who is an officer and he hated fat lazy cops as well. He didn't want to be stuck on a site with them because it not only endangered the public but his own life.
edit on 1-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I would love to have that perspective, I honestly would. My life experience forbids/prohibits my mind to change about cops. I even question the "good" ones motive for wanting to be cops. If a person wants to use their courage and bravery to better society they could join the national guard. For what it's worth I also question the motives of male obgyns. Maybe I'm the crazy. Starred your reply anyway

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Lol..

My friends just wanted to do it. My wrestling coach buddy was a soldier and needed a job.

He is the kind of guy you hope shows up when you need him. The kind of guy who uses his judgement whether or not to dump out college kids containers if they aren't being stupid etc.

But I believe.police are greatly under trained and in many cases unqualified to handle the stress.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
The administrator of the hospital should make a public announcement insisting that the officer be arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon and kidnapping. He should point out that this would be for the health and safety of any law enforcement officials who may require the services of the hospital in the future.

The hospital administrator should make a public announcement that from this day forth all Police officers healthy or otherwise, are banned from entering these premises without a warrant.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

what drives cops crazy is someone having the sheer audacity to question their authority.
doesn't matter if they're right. - 'i am cop - you will obey' low IQ + red mist = cop rage.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It sounds like in the beginning of the video the cop says he was instructed by his watch commander to arrest her if they didn't get the blood. The officer who actually arrested the nurse was just doing his job and following commands from the sounds it. Granted that is not an excuse to continue with that command. A police must follow all commands of their superior officers unless they feel they are being asked to break the law or a violation of ethics.....His watch commander is probably the one who will loose their job, or at least the one that should if this was unlawful.

While I don't know the whole back story I really can't see the need to draw the victims blood however when someone is involved in an accident where there is great injury or death LE has the right to forcibly draw blood from people suspected of being under the influence. Usually this is done on the suspect not the victims so that part is strange.

To answer someone else questions. NO the officers themselves do not take the blood. The nurses or doctors are given a lawful order and or often have agreements with local LE to draw blood from suspects. When this nurse refused technically she didn't follow a lawful order and therefore is technically in violation of the law.

Granted in this particular case I'm sure all this is going to blow back. They should have never arrested her and could have handled it in many many different ways..

I smell LAwsuit....

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I saw that dude's haircut(remnants) and knew he was trouble, and was pleasantly validated.

TIL; Sometimes books are best read from the cover.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Of course, you are correct Police only have the best of intentions toward us. Unless of course you are the wrong colour or attempt to question their interpretation of the law, which more often than you think turns out to be incorrect or perverted to suit their own agenda.

Possibly worth keeping in mind that where a profession such as Policing is in question it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the perception of the whole batch. That's just the weight such position of power and authority carries with it im afraid.

The brush is what it is, at least in my opinion.
edit on 1-9-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wow this is scary as all get out.

I am a Forensic Nurse. A part of my job is to collect evidentiary evidence, sometimes this may include pictures, blood and or urine collected from a suspect or victim.

I have been asked to collect toxicology on occasion were the person has refused, unable to consent, or when I determine it is not significant to the case. It is scary that this officer thought he had the final word on whether evidence is collected or not.

The really odd thing about this police officer's demands, is that even if they had given him the blood, it would not be allowed as evidence, because it was not collected lawfully and went against the contract that was in place with the hospital.

This was just a case of a bruised ego and an out of control police officer.

This shows why body cams should always be used. If an officer can behave this way when he knows he is being taped, imagine what he would do if it just boiled down to his word against the lowly vermin he thinks he is supposed to control.

edit on 1-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Jeezus, so sad this is not out of the ordinary, many cops are out of control and figure they can just do what they want..power vs no power dynamic.
Hope they are fired and sued..too bad fired means they will just be working for another LE agency in 6 months.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I wasn't aware they were doing a remake.
Who knew, I bet this guy will be a star!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The nurse should not have been arrested, she would have been breaking the law if she would have done that. If the evidence was not collected by legal means, that evidence is not even admissible in court if the person was under the influence. Those cops should lose their job. They should know simple things like that.

If there was a warrant, then I would think they might be able to, but without proof that this person was responsible, there is no probable cause. No judge should issue that warrant. Even if there was a warrant, I do not know if they should take blood in the case of an accident, low blood volume from internal bleeding could make losing a little more dangerous, being the person was unconscious, there is always at least a possible assumption there may be low blood volume if other evidence is there. They will give an IV to accident victims sometimes.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I should have read your post before posting my last post, you covered half of what I wrote. I guess I was too late.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I assume since they didn't get the guy that was running from the cops they were looking to pass some blame to the victim of the accident. Why would a victim in a hit and run be the one under scrutiny? Bizarre

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join