It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The consciousness connection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Lately in UFOlogy and related topics everything seems to revolve around consciousness. It’s a buzzword with almost a magical meaning, but is that really the case?

What is consciousness?
It seems research is making big progress in what it actually is. I posted this video before and if you haven't seen it I suggest you have a look:

youtu.be...
(I can post a synopsis for those unable to see video's later)

Possible consequences in research
If we look at different cases we notice there is a lot of diversity in how people perceive UFO’s/UAP or even high strangeness in general (see the Vallee-Davis model posted by posted ctj83 in the Rendlesham topic as a reference). Is this diversity proof they are all hallucinations?

We would have to keep that in mind, but because of the physical aspect in some cases this is highly unlikely (debatable!). However since all we perceive is so heavily influenced by our backgrounds, beliefs, zeitgeist, etc. we must take notice we are working with contaminated data because of this. How do we deal with this?

Maybe stepping away from quantitative research and going to qualitative research is the answer?

Possible applications in technology
This also brings forward some ideas you hear often in UFO stories, and all of a sudden they don’t feel so magical anymore.

Be the craft! If you can make your consciousness believe it IS the craft, you’ll take away the fact that you have to read dials, but in stead you just 'feel the values’. You don’t have to move the stick to steer, you just move. This would be a big advantage in (unfortunately) war applications, but could also be used in our daily lives.

Another thing I’m thinking of is 'augmented camouflage’. For those familiar with augmented reality, it’s very similar. If you cross the boundaries of human ethics and find a way to manipulate perception when seeing/hearing certain patterns, you can hide things in plain sight. QR codes flying around? Well yes … sort off.

Conclusion
Consciousness isn’t something magical, but could be used to make us believe something is. Could it be this type of abuse allready is going on, or is it the direction our technology is evolving into? Or is it a combination of both or neither?

This all raises many questions, so feel free to add, discuss, brainstorm, lurk or even laugh!

References
Vallee-Davis model: www.jacquesvallee.net...
edit on 1-9-2017 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

I've talked about this on ATS many times... If you do business in the "sales" sector you need to use Power Words especially in your advertisement.

Consciousness is a power word, same like Pizza, Love, Delicious, Cheap, Nature, Progress, Order, Gun, etc.

edit on 1-9-2017 by Argentbenign because: mobile

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I believe a lot of UFO encounters and high strangeness may have a lot to do with the effect of plasma fields on our brains.

Maybe UFOs are something different entirely, but we are only able to perceive them through whatever conceptual model we have adopted to make sense of the world?

We see spacemen. 400 years ago people called the bright lights floating around fairies, and were reporting being abducted by trolls and elves. The phenomenon hasn't changed, but we have. And with that, so has our perception of these events.

ETA: It just occurred to me, what if the aliens we all know and love are just the deemtee elves with their clothes on?

edit on 1-9-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

This is an interesting thought!

Quantum physics says we all perceive reality differently, according to our own experiences. It makes a lot of sense!

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yes ,if you are dealing with something beyond the edge of our perception it's likely to asume our brain fills in the gaps (based on what it knows).

Perhaps this is what plasma can cause? Or perhaps plasma can distort the image our brain creates? Same effect but different reason, and that's even without considering there might be an intelligence Involved.

I must admit I'm currently in the plasma camp as well, but it might as well be something completely different.
edit on 1-9-2017 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

It's the only way to sell things to the masses. Markering is getting closer to the direct manipulation of consciousness as well, but perhaps that's food for a different thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

A big part of that is electromagnetic fields. It messes with the brain. While there might be something there it came appear differently.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign

I've talked about this on ATS many times... If you do business in the "sales" sector you need to use Power Words especially in your advertisement.

Consciousness is a power word, same like Pizza, Love, Delicious, Cheap, Nature, Progress, Order, Gun, etc.

Those are object (trigger) words, we are conditioned by their repetition to focus our attention on something outside ourself. The conscience, conscious-ness of self is altogether different.

Sentience, awareness, conscience, aware of the here and now, is not pulled away by 'marketing' techniques used to deflect our awareness, allegiance.

How aware alert are we, are we in the moment, aware of our surroundings and self aware, or are we distracted, our minds off somewhere in the fabricated Matrix, Disney, Consumerist, religious, political and ideological la la land designed for us?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

"Consciousness isn’t something magical, but could be used to make us believe something is."

How can you write a full thread on the mysteries of consciousness and how they relate to UFOs and the paranormal and then come up with that conclusion when we absolutely have no ideas on the parameters of this phenomena we call "consciousness?"

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Hmm, I see what you mean and that's a valid point. Only imo it's not because something is a mystery it's magic.

The journey to comprehend is something I would call 'magical'.

Please share as I'm very interested in the topic and different angles, hence my post.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Cool video.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Reality is the result of the collective consciousness awareness that resides within its own system.

Reality only exists within the mind of the conscious observer that is observing it.

The very fabric of reality is that of consciousness.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The subconscious is also very important of one's self --- But it has to be trained by repetition, so much that the self conscious trains the subconscious, say for example, by pulling the trigger on a semiautomatic gun very fast, while all the self conscious does --- is to just aim the sights.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Maybe the ufo phenemon does have a conscious connection but at the same time it has a mind of it own. Why it does, who knows? If the ufo phenemon did have some projected form of stealth would people see the same thing, or what the phenomen could it self project which might differ from visual hallucinations like fantasticia.

And then you get stories of mass hallucinations of people dancing for hours and hours on end like they were on Ecstacy? There also one little odd thing I've noticed with other stories, is a supposed buzzing noise, to which I've never recalled.

Maybe it just to abstract for thought, it hits the fan for a second or minute then it gone, like poof, an one is left questioning things? It not some double slit explanation like Satan or Jesus.
edit on 1-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Yes, it might as well be an attempt in communication using our own (subconscious) imagery as a reference. Some sort of information stream translated using our own brain as the decoder/convertor. Reference types, a concept in computer programming, also springs to mind.

That would explain, like underwerks also mentioned, the strong change in how it al is percieved.

I also feel there could be a possible connection to David Bohm's implicate and explicate order concept, but to be honest I don't understand that concept yet.

Edit:
And yes, the sound is something mentioned often. First impression would be tech, but it doesn't have to be. Same problem as with the visual aspect imo.

Are there witnesses who have sat down with sound artists to recreate what they have heard? Millions of pictures and drawings, but sound? It would be interesting to hear and see how the sound was recreatief (frequencies used).
edit on 2-9-2017 by zeroPointOneQ because: Added sound

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I'm only slightly telepathic, yet you can mentally camouflage yourself, by thinking about swirling colors in oneself's mind --- Possibly safe [if well hidden] from a highly telepathic mind, say.....a nearby ET sentient entity, that might be hunting you down.

I'm speculating...that mental telepathy is the best form of communication to use --- during a first time close encounter with a foo fighter or an actual alien entity.

I believe....that these foo fighters provide a visual clue in using "pseudo star" fusion plasma technology [at least during dark OP's that lack real starlight such as our own Sun], that safely cocoon's the interstellar starship hiding inside. Besides, magnetically contained fusion plasma is probably required during dark OP's, while under power, because of micro-mini black hole photon propulsion drive onboard the starship itself.

During ET physical close encounters...the aliens probably require themselves to use some kind of high-tech mirror camouflaged suit of armor, including a mirror camouflaged helmet of some sort.

www.youtube.com... ----- Caravan Palace - "Rock It For Me"

edit on 2-9-2017 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 2-9-2017 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 2-9-2017 by Erno86 because: added a video

edit on 2-9-2017 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 2-9-2017 by Erno86 because: added a quote

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Last week I had the oppertunity to follow a mindfulness course at work. In one of the excercises we had to close our eyes and focus on our breathing while we were given an unknown object. The goal was to describe this object to 'an alien' by only describing what we felt, heard and finally saw (rather "pointless" cause the 'alien' wouldn't understand these words either, but still a very interesting thought experiment)

Now this struck me and made me think, because in phenomena/UAP/paranormal topics you often hear and read about 'contact' or 'paranormal senses' initiated by some form of meditation protocol.

Could it be some form of contact or communication is made bypassing our way of thinking and communicating with associations? Or are we downscaling our perceptions to go back to the essence, an ability we have lost during evolution as our lives and sensory input got more complicated?

If all the above isn't the case, than the given there is a 'protocol' is starting to bother me, if there is a link to consiousness. What is initiated or given permission for? Going back to the hand experiment in the OP, what are we: the person on the chair unaware of his real hand hidden behind the screen or the fake hand about to be stabbed?

Not bad for a course about clearing your thoughts
edit on 12-10-2017 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

S&F. Nice post.

One initial comment;

One way to look at this, is that we are mobile carbon-based computers, that are trying
to interface, apparently, with a non-carbon-based system.

There is no shame in this....

I know that everyone wants a soul/spirit/to be all spiritual... but "matter" is just as "spiritual"
as anything else.. or conversely.. everything is "spiritual" including matter.. it's all just laws
of physics.. no need for old terms (spirit) when new ones would probably work better.
(atemporal processing unit) or something.

The Universe itself is probably a quantum computer..

We are a (mostly) non-quantum computer, trying to interface with a quantum
computer.

If you look at things from this perspective.. it gives you a lot to think about..
and might possibly break this stuff wide open.

IMHO.

Kev

PS:

One might consider one of the Little Red Wagon lessons that often seems to be true..
it could be answered by my post..

Say that "the other" the "big bad Phenomenon" is actually a hyper advanced computer..
and we are (functinoally) a very primitive computer.

A really stupendously advanced computer, that was "AI", might have very little capacity
to communicate with an analog computer (us) when it's a quantum digital computer.

At most, it might be like how we play with a dog.. by throwing a stick.

All this "stuff" is the super computer throwing us a stick, to see how we react, and
to have some fun with us.

Like pixies and gremlins playing with people hundreds of years ago..

(why not? probably the same Phenomenon)
edit on 31-1-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well as you should know.. Iv'e blabbed about it enough.. that "BTUFO"
I saw was "summoned".

One should really be careful what one asks for... it freaked me the @#$%@#$%
out that it (appeared to) work. Of course it could simply have been
wandering by anyway.

But since it was the only "UFO" that I've ever seen.. that would be quite the
coincidence.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Your used-to-be online blog mentioned a book (one I should never buy only looking at the title or cover so I think you know which one I mean) where a 'summoning procedure' was described in one of the appendices. Been very reluctant to try it to be honest. That would be crossing the boundry of theory for me and I like the side I'm on at the moment.

It does intrigue me though ...

How much time went past between 'the question' and 'the answer'?
edit on 1-2-2018 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join