It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Cat 5 Hurricane "Irma" make landfall in NYC on 9/11?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If a Cat 4 or 5 hits NYC, turn out the lights on the big apple, after seeing how much damage a weak Sandy did a 4 or 5 would destroy that place, it will make Katrina look like a spring shower.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It would be messy, but it will be messy anywhere it lands.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Interesting document, I doubt this is anything man made, but it is kind of a strange storm. The furthest I would go is that this could be influenced by man, but even that may be a stretch. Just my opinion, but if there was the technology to give birth to cyclones, and control them, I wouldn't put it past any government.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Unless there has been a complete over haul on their emergency preparedness, and the people running it they will screw the pooch again with the outcome being many magnitudes worse.

At least most of the coastal states have figured out how to deal with it, and more importantly how to manage the aftermath.

Until we see something different I will still figure they are as dysfunctional as they were in the past.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
am I a bad person for hoping that it takes aim at DC?

Yes

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I agree with that, it would certainly be worse, but that's because of many factors. I'm down in south Fl 1 minute from the ocean, there's been some destructive hurricanes, but its just different here, most people know what to do.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Tropicaltidbits.com has Irma hitting Ny area on 9-11 ! ....that website has been pretty accurate . ..someone on ATS ( I don't remember who....) turned me onto that site last year for hurricane Mathew . ...if you get on that site and go to " forecast model "... You can track the storm by the hour. ...and hour 210 puts it in NYc .

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

www.tropicaltidbits.com...

Such a long way away a lot can happen....but this run has it going right up Chesapeake Bay after side swiping the North Carolina, putting Virginia Beach,Newport News,Hampton,Norfolk in the crosshairs. And it cant be good if it hits it like this for Washington or Baltimore either.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Such a long way away a lot can happen....but this run has it going right up Chesapeake Bay after side swiping the North Carolina, putting Virginia Beach,Newport News,Hampton,Norfolk in the crosshairs. And it cant be good if it hits it like this for Washington or Baltimore either.

Nope, it's not good. I've already told all my Va beach friends to go get supplies now ! Tropical,tied buts is usually pretty good with their prediction, and although landfall will be initially in Hampton roads and outer banks,....it looks like it will push into Ny and Nj too !

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

originally posted by: putnam6

Nope, it's not good. I've already told all my Va beach friends to go get supplies now ! Tropical,tied buts is usually pretty good with their prediction, and although landfall will be initially in Hampton roads and outer banks,....it looks like it will push into Ny and Nj too !

And now its showing a track towards North Carolina/South Carolina border so it definitely all over the place this far out

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: InterstellarSloth

Not nyc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join