It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designating Antifa as a terrorist organization will lead to Tyranny

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes I agree we have to stop Antifa, but we need to do it carefully so it doesn't cost us our freedoms.

Remember Ben Franklin's words:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.

The actions of groups like Antifa are jeopardizing our freedoms. These kind of groups would love if the government squashed our freedoms because it would back their allegations. Another words they are structuring the outcome. We cannot allow this to happen, spewing negativity eventually creates negativity on a large basis. Society can not flourish if you have a radical group of people constantly trying to tear it apart.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
"Antifa" is an umbrella, it is not an 'organisation' so it would be impossible to label "Antifa" as anything other than what it is, Anti-fascists groups synthesising together, it is decentralised

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The problem here has been made evident multiple times: there is no centrally controlled cohesive "ANTIFA" in the US.

There are groups calling themselves ANTIFA in certain cities. (Check Twitter, that's where I've been doing a lot of research.)

The major group seems to be ANTIFA New York.

Some of these local groups haven't been involved in any "activism" as they refer to it. Berekely ANTIFA (or at least, thugs in Black Bloc colors and uniforms) has been notably violent on several occasions.

The "ANTIFA" members in attendance at the UTR Putsch in Charlottesville VA were there to help protect residents and other protesters (according to eye-witness reports from the residents themselves.)

It is a growing phenomenon in this country, and I agree (based on what I've learned in the last few days) we need to be more vigilant than ever against those who would use violence and terror for political means, rather than defending oneself and others from attack.

It is STILL utterly false equivalence to claim that any of these "ANTIFA" groups are the equivalent of Nazis and White Supremacists, and most of the "both sides do it" are really nothing more than apologist nonsense.

I want to see people stand up against real violence. We saw REAL violence in Charlottesville on the part of the Nazis, we saw REAL violence in Berkeley CA on the part of "ANTIFA."

Let's stand up against the VIOLENCE and VANDALISM.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Are any rabid goosestepping neo-nazi factions designated terrorists orgs?

Id imagine there are.

Same difference whatever the case.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
"Antifa" is an umbrella, it is not an 'organisation' so it would be impossible to label "Antifa" as anything other than what it is, Anti-fascists groups synthesising together, it is decentralised

So if al qaeda cells are decentralized, if al qaeda is just an "umbrella" then the folks that operatr under it they should get a free pass?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, first that is a false equivalence, and second Al qaeda is backed my religious and political ideology, Antifa is an umbrella name for people to gather for Anti-Fascist actions, nothing more

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

In social psycological terms ideology is religion is ideology.

So saying oh but theys muslim thats different is totally out of touch.

Antifa = Hyper-Tribalist.
Al Qaeda = Hyper-Tribalist.

Im on this phone interface, otherwise id put together for you, but my "arise the alt alt" link in my sig explains it (Hyper-Tribalism).

edit on 1-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Are any rabid goosestepping neo-nazi factions designated terrorists orgs?

Id imagine there are.

Same difference whatever the case.

They used to be - then in March the Trump administration cut £10m from combating them, they erased neo-Nazis and white supremacists from the US government’s counter-extremism programme and moving it to focus exclusively on Islamist terrorism.

American officials briefed on the proposed changes said the Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) initiative could be renamed “Countering Radical Islamic Extremism”.

The reclassification would remove its work combatting far-right attacks and mass shootings, such as the massacre of black churchgoers in Charleston, which are rarely classified as terrorism by American authorities.

- not saying there aren't a few nutjob terrorists on either political persuasion but seeing the legal, legitimate fight against facism branded as terrorism is yet more gross stupidity by the US.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Are you trying to say the are organized like Daesh? Same uniforms. The only difference I see is the flags, and Antifa goes out for Chai lattes after crushing individuals and private and public property.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The difference is Antifa is not an organisation, it is not a political movement or a religious movement, the only thing that "Antifa" is, is an Umbrella term for people to "unite" to fight fascism, and its supporters and enablers, apart from that we are individuals with our own end games and goals

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

The difference is Antifa is not an organisation, it is not a political movement or a religious movement, the only thing that "Antifa" is, is an Umbrella term for people to "unite" to fight fascism, and its supporters and enablers, apart from that we are individuals with our own end games and goals

Would it be putting you on the spot to ask where you stand on the violence in Berkeley, particularly the vandalism on the University campus in May and the beating that took place last weekend?

I see ZERO justification for either one.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

BS. Antifa are militarized SJW's. It goes without saying. It is known.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I remember a headline something like that. Outside ofprison gangs, and before SJW' Supremacists set about 5 years of open season whitey, "neo-nazis" were totally on the fringe, marginalized for decades, "their"crime incidents as good as nonexistent statistically speaking. Actually, they still are....

Now was 'all' "neonazis" designated terrorists?

Or was the kkk?

The two combined represent maybe 5% on its best month vs the SJW Supremacists on its worst day, on account their entire platform driving their extremism is now the mainstream thinking of liberal america, yet even after years of open white persecution and flowing support from maibstream liberal america condoning the resulting atrocities at every incidence, mainstream conservative america and everyone else with them (as all opposed to said hate mongering ideology set are being lumped as one) have still yet to come anywhere near to embracing kkk etc.

So the point is, it didnt seem worth clicking on the story you were talking about as if billions werent being spent on 'combating' the SJW Supremacist uprising then why should there have been billions spent combating the long downtrodden White Supremacist orgs?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So, what's the number of SJW Supremacists?

What's your source for the number?

Can you direct us to the website that discusses SJW Supremacy?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Thanks.

My guess is 63 million.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Oh if you'd read the link you'd know 9% of Americans support Neo-Nazis and the KKK - FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS et al. have raised US terror threat to level 4 because of the russian-european-us declaration of war to create the fourth reich.

So please read it beforemaking stuff up.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

BS. Antifa are militarized SJW's. It goes without saying. It is known.

AntiFA started 100 years ago to defend demoecracy and the republic against the tyrany of hitler, musolini and franco - it's basic history - please learn it instead of making stuff up because TV said so.
edit on 1-9-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Thanks.

I'm trying to find the link and source, but I thought that the SPCL said there were between 6000 and 8500 KKK and White Nationalists in the USA. I'll round up to 10,000 to be cautiously pessimistic.

Do you have a source with different numbers?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Thanks.

22 million KKK, Neo-Nazi supporters (9 pc)

I'm trying to find the link and source, but I thought that the SPCL said there were between 6000 and 8500 KKK and White Nationalists in the USA. I'll round up to 10,000 to be cautiously pessimistic.

Do you have a source with different numbers?

22 million KKK, Neo-Nazi supporters according to recent poll but still trying to dig out the poll to see how accurate a measure it was - www.washingtonpost.com... -a94f-3139abce39f5_story.html?utm_term=.d519c2afa56b

ETA: Poor sample size and large margin of error - but somewhere between 13 and 30 million Americans support KKK and Neo-Nazi views.

The Post-ABC poll was conducted Aug. 16 to 20 among a random national sample of 1,014 adults reached on cellular and landline phones. The margin of sampling error for overall results is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

The good news is the overwhelming majority of the US oppose them, but in only took a 6% vote share for war to break out in greece a few years back by neo-nazi Golden Dawn.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
Please stop using the word anyways

If you do I promise to star you

To the subject. Antifa has actually a storied tradition.

After WWII, a Jewish antifa group arose called the 43 group to combat the growing Nazi movement in England. They were successful and after they did what they intended to do--destroy rising Fascism in England--they disbanded

The 43 Group was an English anti-fascist group set up by Jewish ex-servicemen after World War II. They did this when, upon returning to London, they encountered British fascist organisations such as Jeffrey Hamm's British League of Ex-Servicemen and later Oswald Mosley's new fascist party, the Union Movement. The activities of these fascist groups included antisemitic speeches in public places, and from the rank-and-file fascists, violent attacks on London Jews and Jewish property.[1] Group members broke up far-right meetings, infiltrated fascist groups, and attacked the fascists in street fighting.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Antifa should stick to one goal, and that is preventing the rise of Nazi type fascism, which doesn't include beating up Trump supporters and other conventional right-wing groups.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

trying to contextualize "violence" as right or wrong, and then trying to justify it, is just submitting to some spooky moralist nonsense, which we oppose, we understand what is necessary

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join