It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Issues Ultimatum to Conservative Website: Remove 'Hateful' Article or Lose Ad Revenue

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

That is not true. These people often sneak their videos into all kinds of loops. Some have a literal kids cartoon and then the next video is some bizarre propaganda.

Also these are computer program algorithms. So having a contract that describes what is allowed is perfectly normal.

You are basically whining, not unlike snowflakes with their constant complaining of how unfair it is.

No. I just think that given how the ad software works, it's counter-productive to try to police which ads go where.

It would be easier to produce ads with disclaimers like they often do on radio where either the radio station or the ads make it clear that they do not necessarily endorse the views of the content or that the ads are being targeted to the viewer and do not endorse the views of the site.

You can even make it a requirement of the blogs to program that in around their ad windows in order to receive ads from adsense.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Or you can say these things aren't allowed since they own the business and are the ones paying.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I like how many "Liberals" are backing Google on this.

Looks like many people love those big international corporations all-of-a-sudden !!

BwaaaHaHaHa

And we know Google has Lobbyists and are tight with many government "officials" and "politicians".

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Personally I am libertarian, but I find it funny conservatives want to control what a business can decide to pay and to whom.

I mean if making gay cakes is bad forcing someone to pay someone else is even worse.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Personally I am libertarian, but I find it funny conservatives want to control what a business can decide to pay and to whom.

I mean if making gay cakes is bad forcing someone to pay someone else is even worse.

The "Libertarian" main party has been compromised unfortunately.

And basically, any true "Libertarian" knows that both Parties that have been controlling the U.S. for over 100 years, can't be taken down at the same time.

You have to after the biggest threat to freedom first, then go after the weaker one.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

No most libertarians know they are both a danger.

In fact I just listened to a Ron Paul freedom report. He has enough courage to call out his own party.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I love how all the "Conservatives" are suddenly anti-corporation on this!

Corporation and business are usually worshipped by that crowd right after Trump and Guns.

The Big Three, as it were.

All because ONE company was given a choice to abide by their contract or lose the benefits of that contract.

Goodness, one wonders if these "Conservatives" are really as capitalist as they claim. Jeez.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

No most libertarians know they are both a danger.

In fact I just listened to a Ron Paul freedom report. He has enough courage to call out his own party.

Not easy to fight 2 fronts against 2 enemies.

No small wonder most efforts fail.

In the meantime ...............

Who's the joke on today?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The problem is you think there are two enemies IMO.

I see only republicrats or is it demoplicans I forget. They all look the same.

edit on 1-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
last i heard google was a search engine not the rulers of the internet so how are they going to block these guys from collecting their money. now they might block searches for that website but that is censorship and what gov gave them that right.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join