It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Issues Ultimatum to Conservative Website: Remove 'Hateful' Article or Lose Ad Revenue

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's not blackmailing though. It's breach of contract. Google could have just pulled funding, but they gave the website the opportunity to rectify the breach.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: mOjOm
Oh, I see. So there really is no question at all about censorship.

Nope. Because the speech they're being denied is Paid Speech. They have all the free speech they want and nobody is infringing on that at all.

It's their Paid Speech which is causing the trouble.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So basically what we have here is some whinny little babies pissing and moaning because the capitalist system will not pay them for saying what ever the hell they want, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Pretty much, yeah.

They could say it for free if they wanted to all day long and nobody is going to stop them.

But they want to get paid for what they say even though nobody wants to pay them for saying it.

So in return they complain about those who don't want to pay them as if they're the problem. But why would anyone pay for something they don't want??? That wouldn't make any sense. Nobody has to pay them for a product they didn't ask for after all.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So lemme get this straight.

All of you folks are going to pi$$ and moan because businesses have a right to refuse service to anyone (I'm rememberieng something about a cake) and then when google does it to someone who thinks like you, it's all "OhMyGerd! Mah Free Speech ish Violated!!!"

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

You're not quite "getting it straight".

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It's actually worse than that.

Google isn't refusing service just because they can or want to. The website is breaking the rules of the contract they have with Google but still expect Google to pay.

The website is wanting to break the contract rules which they agreed to with Google. Google is upholding it's end and the website isn't. Now the website is trying to blame Google. Google just wants them to follow the rules they agreed to follow.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You're not quite "getting it straight".

Horse#. You're full of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
These massive "private" corporations (that liberals usually despise, unless they are targeting conservatives), will soon be much more powerful than government. That is one aspect of the Globalist Agenda, transferring power to Multinational Corporations, who aren't accountable in any way to citizens, whereas government, in at least some respect, is still accountable to voters. It should be disturbing to everyone that such a powerful entity like Google is threatening those that they disagree with.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I think hate speech should not be tolerated. Kudos to Google

I think fascist loving idiots should not be tolerated. Freedom of speech is more important than a bunch of pansies whining.

Oh, so you're saying you don't like Google?

I am confused. Free speech means anyone, including the idiots who like to give lip-service to naked fascism, get to say what they want.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It's not blackmailing though. It's breach of contract. Google could have just pulled funding, but they gave the website the opportunity to rectify the breach.

You're right. Black-mail wasn't an accurate description. Besides, it sounds RACIST!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Yeah.

Giving someone the chance to rectify their breach of contract (the contract they agreed to in the first place) is just terrible!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You're right. Black-mail wasn't an accurate description. Besides, it sounds RACIST!

I prefer the term "rainbowmail". It avoids anyone's feelings getting hurt

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I wouldn't be as upset over the idea of this if it weren't for the fact that Google is such a nearly universal gatekeeper to the internet.

You try doing much of anything without some degree of internet access these days. It is assumed to be nearly universal.

And Google is the nearly universal gatekeeper to it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Check out what Wiki uses as sources on this guy:
www.thestranger.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

So Allsup dares to take on the SPLC, omnipotent arbiter of "hate groups" and individuals.
With one's digital history it's ridiculously easy to do character assassination on people.
Worst of all he showed up at the Alt-right rally, therefore he is a Nazi.
One quick label and nobody thinks he should have rights any more.

Look at the ads on that site, and they call him a moral failure?
okey dokey.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Google isn't stopping anyone's access to the internet though.

They simply aren't going to pay someone for content that they don't want to pay for.

What's so hard about understanding that???

If you and I had a contract where I was willing to pay you for coming and mowing my yard twice a month and instead you came twice a month and pissed in my pool and left, should I still pay you??? I don't think so. That isn't what I was willing to pay for so the contract is void. It's that simple.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But there are alternatives.

And besides, this thread is about a website getting all butt hurt because they breached a contract THEY AGREED TO with Adsense. It's not like they were forced to use Adsense. And Google even gave them a chance instead of just stopping revenue.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

But rainbow colors don't include BLACK.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

They do if you look at them at night.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

They do if you look at them at night.

Oh boy..now you're equating Black with Night. You'll be getting a visit from BLM if you're not careful.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join