It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Issues Ultimatum to Conservative Website: Remove 'Hateful' Article or Lose Ad Revenue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
C'mon xuen. You know this isn't covered by the 1st. Private business, not a government entity. And try to boycott them.
They are pretty much a monopoly.

Right.

Just like I hinted in the OP.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Right because standard oil didn't retain their monopoly..... they did what everyone does get into the government.

That's how you get GE, Haliburton, Lockhead, Boeing, etc...

We will probably have a trump hotel chain with massive government programs when this is over.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now if one was inclined they could question why this conservative site chose money over principle. That would just be fanning the flames though.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Is anyone else more interested in reading the article that was pulled rather than this bullsh*t?

Can't just be me, surely!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
no one has made any comments about the article itself, was it actually hatespeech? did anyone see it? will we ever know what was in that article? or is the details of this decision left only to the judge and jury google?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
A point has been made.

Google is just saying that you can't make money off of something they don't like.

I'm sure that people still post and make horrid essays on the internet. They just may not be able to profit from it.

That doesn't take away the fact that Google is trying to manipulate content by denying financial incentives.

That's my favorite part of working for myself. I get to tell other people what I offer with my services.
edit on 31-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Free market, yo.

*SHRUG*

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I read the article that was linked. It states that the website was using Adsense which is Google Advertisement Software. There are restrictions to what kind of content they allow Adsense to be used with. The website was in violation of that. They had two choices, either remove Googles Adsense from that page or change the content of that page. Completely fair. Google isn't required to fund any website with their Ad Service it doesn't want to or that violates the agreement.

The website could leave the article up all it wanted, just not while making money from it with Google Ads. They chose to remove it and blame Google for them not following the agreement. F*cking Lame Crybabies. They were the ones to blame not Google. They signed up with Google under certain conditions and then wanted to break those conditions and when they were called out on it, they cry foul on Google. But they are the problem, not Google.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
and this is why the No Agenda Show uses the value for value business model.

Time for more companies to adapt, those that can't have no real value.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Has anyone ever made any money from Google ad revenue?

Is this a real threat?

Yes, the Ad revenue offsets the cost of data traffic on a web server. Commercial web site owners pay for all traffic uploaded and downloaded. Thus the ads are served from a third party server.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
here's the "author" of the article on wiki.

BwaaaHaHaHa

James Allsup

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Now if one was inclined they could question why this conservative site chose money over principle. That would just be fanning the flames though.

I'd be inclined to ask what those "principles" might actually be...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Modern day book burning.
F# the Globalists.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's free speech to post it. Free speech isn't involved if Google chooses to continue monetarily supporting such views.

Can't have it both ways. Capitalism doesn't support your right to say what you want, only your right to get paid.

Pick and choose, free speech or money.

Well all know money trumps (hehe) all.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
A point has been made.

Google is just saying that you can't make money off of something they don't like.

I'm sure that people still post and make horrid essays on the internet. They just may not be able to profit from it.

That doesn't take away the fact that Google is trying to manipulate content by denying financial incentives.

C'mon DB, you should know better than giving a nod and a wink to some crowd that wants to profit out of hate speech, notwithstanding that a lot of those sites don't give two fiddlers about what they write, it is just the money at the end of the day. No hard feelings, Smurfonicus.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I could give a flying #### what is being said or who is saying it.

My stance is always for free expression.

I've already acknowledged that Google doesn't have an obligation to promote it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Free speech on Google?
Am I wrong here or what. Seems to me that Google is a private company and at least for now, a kingpin in the winner take all capitalist system. It is not subject to the conditions of the Bill of Rights but rather only to the pressures of the market place, hence, free speech can be limited however it wishes.

Condemning Google for limiting free speech is condemning the capitalist system.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yeah I kinda thought so.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Actually, they aren't even limiting Free Speech. They're limiting Paid Speech. The website wants to get Paid By Google for what they are saying and Google is saying Nope, We aren't going to pay for that kind of speech. Therefor if you want to say that, go ahead, but you're doing so for FREE. Because we aren't paying you for it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think hate speech should not be tolerated. Kudos to Google

I think fascist loving idiots should not be tolerated. Freedom of speech is more important than a bunch of pansies whining.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join