It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC producer shot dead in Somalia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"LONDON, England (AP) -- A British journalist has been shot dead in the Somali capital by an unidentified militiaman, witnesses said.

The British Broadcasting Corporation confirmed Wednesday that Kate Peyton, 39, an Africa producer for the broadcaster, was shot while accompanied by another BBC journalist who was not injured. It gave no further details...."

She arrived early today, and was shot and killed a little later. I wouldnt go to Somalia for anything in the world. Just no law whatsoever. Those people who killed here will never be cought, its a free for all. I feel sorry for her to a degree, as in she lost her life, but she must have known the risks.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Journalism is a risky business to say the least.You have to go to area where the news is happening and gather as many data as you can.However,I believe it's what she chose and just like you said she should have known the risks.

But hey,like what Martin Luther King said:"if someone have not found something in life that he/she would die for,he/she is not fit to live".

About Somalia,it's turning into a genocide there.It's their war,not our's.

join