It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxation is Theft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'v given this argument on ATS before but it is such an important argument that I am going to give it again.":

Premise 1: All cases of taking someone's money without their consent is theft.
Premise 2: Taxation is the taking of a person's money without their consent.
Conclusion: Therefore, taxation is theft.

This OP is meant to start a conversation and I firmly believe that this argument is true and will defend it if it is attacked.

Argument= A line of reasoning.

Note: I am NOT endorsing that you don't pay your taxes. Always pay your taxes. It is not correct to break the laws of the land.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No. It isn't.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
No. It isn't.

Please explain yourself as I would be happy to be corrected if I am wrong. Which of the premises do you disagree with?
edit on 31-8-2017 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Everyone needs to be paid. Your taxes pay for everything from security to sanitation.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Everyone needs to be paid. Your taxes pay for everything from security to sanitation.

I understand. Do you disagree with the argument?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

It's not quite that simple though. Government has and is providing services that we use and even take for granted already that are paid for by taxes. Many of us just don't think about them that way. So we tend to enjoy those things without giving any thought as to how they're being paid for but would realize it if they were gone.

But think about just something like Water. We have dams and bridges and canals and all kinds of things paid for through government that we don't think about now because they're built and working but life would be totally different if they weren't there.

link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

Yes. Due to the above. The gov. is merely pooling the money to pay for everyone. Of course there is abuse.

link   

edit on 31-8-2017 by Plotus because: meh..

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

Yes. Due to the above. The gov. is merely pooling the money to pay for everyone. Of course there is abuse.

I agree that there is abuse. What you said above is not an argument and you haven't expressed disagreement with any of the premises in my OP. If my premises are correct then the conclusion is correct. Saying that taxes pay for some things is not a rebuttal to my argument.

Respectfully,
Aristotelian1

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes THAT is how the system is in control, or it could be challenged legally.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

edit on 31-8-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

top topics

join