It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges 1 million dollars the Harvey Relief

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I was not giving you any # about this. You post level minded opinions that are some that I actually read compared to others.

Every sports player, musician and actor should give money in my opinion. Facebook should have donated 50 million. Same as Apple. This is a larger tragedy than Katrina and that was treated like hell opened up and it was to me not nearly as bad in relative terms.

It is not about him finally doing something good. It was about something that no modern president has done and they had the money to since everyone thinks Trump is so broke.

I even ended my response with a .

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Mexicans that Trump hates are sending money, support personnel and supplies to Texas even as Trump insults them.

www.reuters.com...

news.vice.com...

edit on 1-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This guy deserves impeachment at least ... from the Secretary of State for TX.

‘Send prayers’: Texas Republican turns down donated blankets, beds, manpower from Canada

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: zikzak
a reply to: Wayfarer

It appeared Trump never donated. He's a penny pincher.

It's hard to think of a guy who doesn't even pay his contracted workers for work done, and repeatedly declares bankruptcy, claiming it's just a "tool" of business, and thinks these things just make a person "smart" in business, would actually donate any serious money to any cause but his own.

Maybe he's had a change of heart.

But, he's been a good father, and has done well for his kids.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Yes, it appears he intends to donate. I don't see him reneging on that pledge unless he wants to create a political #storm. And I agree that all of us should be willing to do what they can in this situation. Even if it's buying an extra can of food or two that will be donated to the people of Texas.

thinkprogress.org...

It turns out, Trump isn't personally giving. He's having his foundation (which others donate to) give $1 million. It's possible he doesn't even do that much, considering he loves to promise people money but then not follow through.

Even his spokesman can't confirm if Trump will actually be donating yet.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow, just wow..I doubt he speaks for the displaced citizens..I also bet his home is all good, what an insane piece of crap.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Most he's ever donated! And it only took the spotlight of massive public scrutiny. Good for him
!

Maybe he will learn that's how real rich people dodge taxes , this will surely help the situation he's in never paying anything to the public debt ever.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

and....they should. Everyone should. After 9/11 there was no race religion or color. Everyone was simply in support of their country. People came together in a time of need and we weathered the storm. Just like this. Katrina was so unplanned it became what it did. I do not even say Trump succeeded as much as I say that as a collective this has not been a cluster as in the past.

Side note - Trump also does not insult them. There is nothing wrong with calling illegals illegals.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So saying she has not had time to do something is a no? My god.

Besides, the DJT Foundation is not operable. The only reason it is open still is the NY AG investigation that was started. You know, by the guy who sits on HRC's NY board.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well...he hasn't DONE it yet....he's just said he WILL.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

he can say pledged all he wants, show me the effin tax returns where he takes the deduction. he's a lying prick conman.
what he'll most likely do is pledge the money to a tax shelter he owns, take constituents out to dinner on the tax payer's dime and tax a huge deduction. this a%&^( ^*& arrogance knows no bounds.
edit on 1-9-2017 by richapau because: (no reason given)

when this liar proverbially says 2+2=4, i immediately think how is the douche using facts to trick everybody?
edit on 1-9-2017 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Show me a statement by Trump saying he hates mexicans?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

WTF do tax returns mean? You know that they have to provide a full financial disclosure that provides more info than a tax return, right?

Of course you do not. You just want to call him a douche and sound cool.

Take people out for a huge tax deduction? You know no bounds of stupidity....

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

‘Send prayers’: Texas Republican turns down donated blankets, beds, manpower from Canada

Well, Jesus turned water into wine...

So maybe god will answer the prayers and rewind time, or give everyone in Texas way more supplies than Canada can provide?

I'm still mystified who these people should pray to though? The god that caused the hurricane, or the god that could have prevented it?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Are you sure this is not more media sensationalism , I gather that the organizers of the relief effort were asking for cash donations as it is far more useful.

Apparently like after KAtrina masses of "stuff " was donated but had to be thrown away unused, even creating more work because there simply was no where to store these relief items, no way of co-ordinating teams to hand the stuff out even if they had appropriate storage....

Anyhow no point letting details get in the way of outrage.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchspeople might not remember but he helped out with mathew last year in florida with money supplies and construction workers and toured damaged sites day after storm where was obam playing golf and hilary well not in florida.and that was al before election

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
people will just say he did it to look good

Why wouldn't they , he'll probably write it off against tax.
Wonder how much he gave to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The White House says President Donald Trump is pledging $1 million in personal funds to Harvey storm relief efforts.

He "pledges" . Rich people love that word. A pledge is a promise to pay, not an actual check.

Wheres the check Trump?

Instead of him standing at the podium seen handing a check to a chosen charity, the 'spokesperson' says he is looking...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Good on him if he does. Not positive he will. The guy who ghost-wrote Trump's Art of the Deal said:

Schwartz tweeted Friday morning that there was "no way" Trump would send storm victims $1 million of his own money.

"He only promises to give," Schwartz wrote. "Never actually does."

That may not be true however. He has given charitably before. However, much less than he has claimed to give, most likely. For example when he claimed he gave 6 million to veteran groups, David Fahrenthold conducted an investigation of Trump's donations over the years. He did find he gave 7.8 million of his personal funds to charitable causes since the 80s. So.. donations, yup.. but a far cry from the 10s of millions he bragged about giving.

But not even a dollar should be sneered at, if given.

I do think it's funny how many here will not say a word that it's through his own foundation. Considering they are ready to send other politicians to jail and make wild accusations if they did the same. And not that they are wrong.. many rich people's foundations are just an easy way to control their money while looking good at the same time.

Also I can't find anything about him donating to Katrina victims.. kind of doubt he did. And for those saying "None of you donated!".. as if proves something? Many people did not inherit millions.. nor have billions of dollars. Because of the laughable lack of salary increases and how billionaires (like Trump) don't pass along their windfall with their employees, many live paycheck to paycheck, while their bosses get millions in bonuses.
edit on 2-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join