It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges 1 million dollars the Harvey Relief

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Miley Cyrus only gave $500K so he's twice the man Miley is

To be fair, Miley is not very manly, nor tries to be..more akin to a little boy

As for Trump..good for him, I certainly wont rain on his parade.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: matafuchs
One million Dollars..of his own money....to make Texas Great Again.
...I await the comments.

1 million dollars from Trump, is like 1 dollar from most of the rest of us.

Now, if Trump gave 10% of his wealth, which would be 1 Billion Dollars, seeing that he says he is worth $10 Billion, then we'd have something remarkable to report.

And you donated exactly how much?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Alright, I stopped reading after the post I replied to.

I seriously don't get the snark.

I live in Texas and worked the hurricanes in 2005. To see the damage to talk to people who lost EVERYTHING! It was just heartbreaking.

NOBODY should snark on ANYONE who donates. Be it time, money blood, or supplies.
Shame on anyone who does.

Now for those who are wanting to donate, make sure you earmark the monies Harvey. Or you can donate through a company who will match it. I know Walmart and QVC are currently matching. I'm sure other businesses will as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
I should have specified some, but I chose to say the because I didn't want to imply all, most or many.
I was referring to the first contact victims the Pres interacts with upon arrival to the neighborhoods, and I would include numerous if not most victims would appreciate that. I know I would...
edit on 5amf30574430 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

They voted against the joining of the US of A which at that point meant legally they didnt join . The State of Texas was "confiscated" into the Union...

Actually it's called annexation and what else about Texas? Oh yeah they asked to join the United States in 1845 something they voted of.
The Nation Expands Texas Annexation, 1845
You should have paid more attention in school.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What Trump pledges and what Trump does are two very different things.

He talks alot but often there is little or no action.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I'm sorry but this just rings hollow for me. I mean it's great that he's donating a large amount of money to help out. Plenty of other celebrities are doing the same.

However, he's not just a celebrity anymore. He's the President. I'm not going to judge him on how much money he personally does or doesn't give. I'm going to judge him in his ability to lead. The last time a disaster of this magnitude happened in the US, the President dropped the ball. If Trump does the same it won't matter if he gave $0, $1 million, or $100 million.

And unfortunately I'm not seeing much from President Trump outside of platitudes. I've seen no kind of mobilization. I've seen no attempt to reallocate funds to help with the rebuilding effort. I mean for f***'s sake, he wants millions for his wall. He wants billions more for the DoD. Why can't he come out and say some of that money should be shifted to a more worthy cause?

I won't condemn him yet because for all I know those things are going on behind the scenes. And I pray that he comes through and tackles this as a president should. But if all he can do is give $1 million when he has the full might of the US Government behind him then he should be run out of office.

www.cnn.com...

You may want to start paying some attention to things.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Like I said, I'm more than willing to give him credit if he doesn't pull a Bush. It's still early days though.

All I'm saying is why should I be impressed when he donates $1 million. He's the most powerful man in the world. I would hope that he is held to higher standards than Sandra Bullock.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I applaud him for the 1 million donation pledge. But he AGAIN misspelled healing in his tweet today. Face palm.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: zikzak
I applaud him for the 1 million donation pledge. But he AGAIN misspelled healing in his tweet today. Face palm.

twitter.com...

Very relevant. Address spelling while discussing donations. You obviously don't have anything personal against him.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It is not about credit. As president he does not have to donate money. However, he did and is still getting his balls busted for it. A million dollars will go a lot farther than a photo op.

Obama was there after Sandy and then gone and the media keeps making the comparison. However, there are still people waiting on FEMA funding.

Trump is trying to make sure that does not happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
He has made claims before that he would donate money to charity, and as of yet hasn't done so. Why would anyone think this is any different? Is saying you are going to donate money to charity the same as actually donating?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Trump is now pushing for an initial $6B in relief funding.
The Left needs to be a little more discriminating in it's manufactured barrage of daily anti-Trump outrage and condemnation.

IMO, He and his administration is handling the Harvey disaster very well, thus far,...and with his personal financial contribution he is going the 'extra mile'.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yea you forgot "He did it for the Tax write off"
Just heard that from a friend.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Gothmog
You should have paid more attention in school.

Says the person who clearly failed social studies...
edit on 1-9-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: matafuchs

He was a day too late.

He isn't being sincere.

He was probably pressured to.

He only did it to impress his haters.

He just doesn't want to be called out.

What's a million dollars to a billionaire?

He should've gave way more.

Atleast 10 million.

This is fake news.

He doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Did I cover them all?

You forgot "Russia!!!"

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I don't get why I'm getting so much backlash on my opinion. I haven't criticized his move. Have I questioned his motives? Definitely. But in pretty much every post I've stated that it's great that he gave $1 million. All I've said is that I'm going to judge the President on how well he does his job. Not how well he can right a personal check. Is that such a crazy thought?

But allow me to turn the tables and question your motives. If donating $1 million is so great why didn't you make a thread when Sandra Bullock did it first? Why didn't you do it when the Baltimore Ravens did it? We even have professional wrestlers like Paige and Alberto El Patron working tirelessly and donating a significant amount of money to help displaced people find lodging. Where's your thread on that?

You don't care that Trump actually gave $1 million. All you care about is that the guy you support actually did something decent for once and you want everyone to give him a gold star. Why else would you post this thread in the Mud Pit?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Art of the Deal author says Trump will never donate 1 million.

thehill.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Literally can't find a shred of evidence Trump ever donated to a charity that wasn't his own (and directly funneling the money back into his own pockets).

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

It appeared Trump never donated. He's a penny pincher.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join